• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Brave New Realpolitik

I would like to congratulate Mr. Teekaj2 for his victory, and I hope, for the good of Brazil, that my fears are proven false. I would recommend to Mr. Teekaj2, after building the monument, to train workers, in order to limit the economic damage.

OOC: Tycho, you forgot to mention the National Republican Party of Brazil.

ooc: I think you mean pottery instead of agriculture, Tycho.

Ic: *Teekaj applauds after watching Tycho give his speech, then heads to his the office of the Chief and sits down with the leading architects and stonemasons of the nation to begin work on the monument*

Would it be possible for me to join this? I've never tried one of these before (and so I may make a horrible mess of things!) but if it's still possible, I would like to join the Social Democratic League of Brasilia.

ooc: I think you mean pottery instead of agriculture, Tycho.

Ic: *Teekaj applauds after watching Tycho give his speech, then heads to his the office of the Chief and sits down with the leading architects and stonemasons of the nation to begin work on the monument*

Indeed I did; I have not played all that Civ V, and even less Brave New World.

There have been accusations that Brazil has become a one party state due to the crushing victory and support that we have received in the last election; the Social Democratic League utterly smashed the Brazilian Imperialist Party and the Brazilian Technocracy Party in the election, and I fear that it sowed seeds of hatred from every side towards the others.

Neither of the parties you spoke about have members that made inflammatory claims or statements. It would be relevant to at least mention that party's name for completion.

Neither of the parties you spoke about have members that made inflammatory claims or statements. It would be relevant to at least mention that party's name for completion.

I didn't mention that the parties in question had made the statements, I just said that there had been accusations thrown out while the SDLB was working in the election, while the other two parties at the time had not succeeded in the election. No offense meant to your party, Sonereal.

Would it be possible for me to join this? I've never tried one of these before (and so I may make a horrible mess of things!) but if it's still possible, I would like to join the Social Democratic League of Brasilia.

Welcome! We're always open for new members!

Successor (No power, succeeds president in case of death) Is the first runner up in Leader election.

Can we have a vote to make the successor in the case of presidential death be the Steward, Priest, General, and then runner up in the election?

My intention with that was to inspire political intrigue. The Successor and his allies would have a motive for assassinating the Leader. If that were to happen it would cause even more turmoil because the Leader would more then likely be in opposition with the other national officials. However, if a majority of the players support this movement I'll change the rules.

My intention with that was to inspire political intrigue. The Successor and his allies would have a motive for assassinating the Leader. If that were to happen it would cause even more turmoil because the Leader would more then likely be in opposition with the other national officials. However, if a majority of the players support this movement I'll change the rules.

I know that it would make for political intrigue, it just doesn't make sense for a government to be set up this way. Not to mention you don't want to go down the path of rewarding assassinations flagrantly (cough Realpolitik II cough).

Welcome! Adding you to the list! With that BIP will begin receiving campaign funding.

@Sonereal: I see your point, and am willing to change the rule provided a majority of the players agree.

Not to mention you don't want to go down the path of rewarding assassinations flagrantly (cough Realpolitik II cough).

Blasphemy! rewarding assassination means that the politically fittest and most intelligent survive to lead the plebs.

Thus why this lurking commentator supports your motion, for now not only do the opposition have a motive to assassinate its opponents, but now the underlings of the leader have the incentive to aspire to the top post via "dead mans pointy shoes". :p

Top Bottom