Brexit Thread III - How to instantly polarise your country without even trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bojo the Clown got pranked by Russians!
BBC said:
Boris Johnson has been targeted by a Russian prank caller pretending to be the new prime minister of Armenia.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44239479
BTW:If Bojo somehow becomes PM, the next thread should be called Brexit Thread III - Bojo and Friends National Circus

I am not even sure how something like Boris is still in the front-benches of a main party. Though, of course, he was, blatantly, brought back to life by May - and who knows due to what reason/pressure. His political career should have ended with the brexit vote.

It is no wonder, under these circumstances, that Rees-Mogg does come across as far better from the tory front-liners. At least he has honesty, and expresses his view, and isn't a goon either.

I do hope that Corbyn will become PM, but time is running short :/

To quote Macbeth, our alleged negotiating hand was "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".

What's that got to do with Brexit? (seems to be a recurring theme in this thread)

I think this morphed into the generic British politics thread some time ago, but we can start a new thread soon.

I think this morphed into the generic British politics thread some time ago, but we can start a new thread soon.

By the way, what is your view regarding the Bercow situation?
I think it will be very bad if he is made to go, because he is a far better house of commons speaker than the rest; going by videos of other speakers they tend to be clowns or way too austere/sinister.

Well to be fair, almost the entirety of British politics for the last 2 years has been concerned with Brexit vs. the EU27 (FIGHT!), one way or another...

I thought we were gonna keep this one going until 2018-03-29, and have the next installment for the the transition period?

Well, given that we've filled over 90 pages in just seven months, it will take a remarkably quiet period over the next ten months to keep this thread going all that time. I was thinking of breaking it after 100 pages, because that seems as good as any, unless you have a better idea?

By the way, what is your view regarding the Bercow situation? I think it will be very bad if he is made to go, because he is a far better house of commons speaker than the rest; going by videos of other speakers they tend to be clowns or way too austere/sinister.

He certainly seems to be a reasonable enough Speaker, but I don't really pay attention to individual MPs who don't attract attention to themselves!

Well, given that we've filled over 90 pages in just seven months, it will take a remarkably quiet period over the next ten months to keep this thread going all that time. I was thinking of breaking it after 100 pages, because that seems as good as any, unless you have a better idea?
I was hoping that it could wait until Boris Johnson could somehow become PM so we could use the Bojo and Friends National Circus title but i guess that could be the title for Part IV......

Ok, on to another question then:
Ian Hislop: Russophobe or extreme russophobe? ^_^

I'm not sure what leads you to that conclusion.

I was hoping that it could wait until Boris Johnson could somehow become PM so we could use the Bojo and Friends National Circus title but i guess that could be the title for Part IV......

Theresa May, despite being seemingly useless at anything resembling governance, is apparently quite good at staying in her leaky boat at Number 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom