Bug reports and technical issues

Yes, the rules are different for certain civ's cores and just specific regions. I'll post the precise rules later.

Playing as Iran, I had a Defensive Pact with Germany and England. When Russia declared war on me (the second time, both times for no reason), England declared war on Russia (which was pretty useless), but Germany didn't (which would've been helpful).

I don't remember the mechanic now, but iirc if they signed an agreement that can block them from declaring war to each other (like 10 turn ceasefire-open borders) may be this could be the reason

Hi everyone, hope I'm doing this right, as I understood I should not create a new thread but reply to the "bugs and technical issues" one...

I'm in the middle of a thrilling China game (marathon, deity), made it all the way till now to the 17th c, but I need a colony to build the trading company.

I then realized from reading Civ IV threads that there has been all these years a "create colony" option, which is supposed to be found in the F1 dom advisor screen, red fist icon bottom right of the screen.

I've been using and abusing this "grant independence" red fist button for years and have NEVER seen a "create colony" option, only gift to existing civs or grant them full independence. what gives ? Am I as dumb or blind as a quayle :) ?

I've made scshots of the panel I have seen for years, yet can't see where the specific "create colony" option is, not independence or gift but "create colony".

Oh, and I've checked : no vassal state on same land mass, 16 current civs including mine hanging in there (its close but the two indies don't count right ?), and at least two cities on same landmass involved. Besides, I have played my fair share of games for years now on civ IV Rfc and Doc and have never, ever seen such an option.

Is it only available for European civs ? does it concern a civ's historical areas only ?

sorry for all these questions, but this is almost insane reading about this cool feature and never having seen it in my games !

PS THANK YOU DoC masterminds for (finally !) enabling human players to bring back civs to life and reshape the world 1918 or 1945 style, and for everything else !

Attachments

• Scsh 1.jpg
    Scsh 1.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Scsh 2.jpg
    Scsh 2.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 73
Colony creation is disabled in RFC. It is a rather shrug mechanic in original BTS, anyway.

The colony requirement of the Trading Company means you just have to control a city on a different continent. Since you have New York, you should be fine.

IIRC, Leoreth designed it that every civ can build Trading Companies. But as normally only the European civs get the colony requirement, they are the usually the only civs with one.

thanks a lot for these ultra sonic answers ! at least it means I'm not crazy then...however this colony option adds "flavour" to the game as I've read it in another thread.

sorry for this post which turned out to be pretty useless, I would like to take it off, but can't seem to find a button for that either...

It's true, colony in this context just means "city on another continent". Asia, Europe and Africa are different continents here, although North Africa and the Middle East count as part of Europe.

The release colony mechanism from BtS is gone mainly because these colonies are mostly an ahistorical thing, and because each of them requires another free slot just to possibly come into existence. Since every slot costs performance, I'd rather use them for actual civs.

hi,
the game crashes at turn 300,1595.
if need i can post the previous, 4 turns before. I added an image of what appears if i reload the autosave.

Am I the only one having a problem with the Byzantines spawning with about 4x as many units as they should in Constantinople? I haven't updated SVN for a couple weeks. I also use Citis' Master Map file.

when I rightclick an inaccessible tile with a unit it skips its turn for instance if i click a land tile with a ship,is that intentional or a bug?

^Isn't it the same in BtS?

It's a good thing Trading Company troops don't appear in jungle. But there's also marsh...

Yes, that is true for Beyond the Sword (and Civilization IV) as well. You can just click on the unit again to give it orders.

yeah, AI troops apears in jungle.
i'm playing inonesia and netherlands troops are in the jungle hill north of my city... i'm unable to attack them.... and Ned refuses to talk.... :(

I'm in the middle of an interesting dutch game. However, the dutch east indian company seems to malfunction (Indonesians didn't build Sundapura) and one year after that the game CTDs. What can I do to save the game?

P.S: Sam seems to suffer the city overflow bug, but it didn't affect the game.

Attachments

• Willem van Oranje AD-1733 Turn 332a.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • Willem van Oranje AD-1736 Turn 333.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
As promised, I attached a save shortly before the Iranian/Anglo-Russian War. If Russia does declare war, then you will see that Germany does nothing, despite the Defensive Pact.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1813 Turn 1044.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 38
edit: never mind, it works now

Attachments

• Roosevelt AD-1910 Turn 402.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
  • Roosevelt AD-1832 Turn 365.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
Top Bottom