Bumble's Great Adventure Take 3

Birdjaguar

Hanafubuki
Super Moderator
Supporter
Post here if you want to join and we can maintain a list and the best itinerary.

If you have pictures and stories from the other thread, ask a moderator to move them here or I guess you could quote them. I'm really busy for the next week, so someone might think about the rules and post ideas.

Bumble Adventure Take 4 List:
  • Birdjaguar: Albuquerque, NM
  • Warpus: Canada
  • Truthy: Baltimore MD
  • The_J: Southern France
  • emzie: Ottawa, Canada

Old data from 2 years ago.
Spoiler :

Bumble's journey will pick up with Owen in CA.

Goodfella: LA, CA
Cutlass: Connecticut
Derrick CB: Charlottesville VA
Caketastydelish: ?
Plotinus: Bristol UK
JohannaK: Catalonia Spain
Lohrenswald: Norway

Last edited:
This is a continuation of my previous thread.

Okay hi guys!

I want to take a virtual vacation and travel the world, visiting you all. My idea is to buy a disposable camera and mail it to another CFC member. That CFC member will take one picture and then forward the camera to the next CFC member. We chain it location to location, around the world, eventually back to me. take an everyday object and take it to a location near where I live. I will take a picture of it and upload it to this thread. I will then mail the object to another CFC member who will also take a picture of it near where they live, and upload the picture to this thread. In this manner, we will chain the object around the world, and ideally, back to me.

Spoiler object :

This is a departure from the original thread so that even if the package ends up in the bottom of the Indian Ocean, we will have all the pictures up until it went missing.

Some ground rules:

1: If your location isn't listed, you'll need to add it to your post. I want to try and keep each mailing step efficient, so we're not paying for postage from London, to Sidney, back to Lisbon.

2: You will need to provide your real name and address to another CFC user through PMs. If you're uncomfortable revealing yourself in such a manner, please do not join! If you're uncomfortable with a specific user knowing your IRL info, PM me and I will make sure they are not the link before you.

3: You are responsible for postage to the next CFC user. This time, I'm also going to ask this time that you ship in a manner that has a tracking number. While I will try and keep each step as short as possible, some members will need to send the package across oceans. This will be more expensive. If you're willing to bear the additional postage to send the camera to another continent, please post as such! We do have a sponsor who is willing to help out with some shipping costs, especially for transcontinental shipping.

4: You will need a digital camera or some other method to upload the picture you take.

Some other things!

Again, we're going to be shipping around a notebook with the object. I need some volunteers with scanners to archive portions of the notebook. You won't need to scan in the entire thing. For instance, if you're the first person to archive, you might scan entries 1-5. The second person will scan in 6-10 and so on. This way, again, if the package ends up in the bottom of the Indian Ocean, we have a record of most of the contents.

I encourage users to mail small trinkets along with the package, both to the immediate recipient and to users further down the chain. Nothing heavy or bulky of course.

Lastly, I want to thank every who appreciated in our first attempt at this. I wish so bad that it had finished.

So who is in again? :)

Spoiler people who are in / in again :

This is not the mailing order!

Contre (ON)
Valka (AB)
Zelig (AB)
Cutlass (CT)
madviking (VA)
warpus (ON)
JoanK (Catelonia)
peter grimes (NY)
dutchfire (Netherlands)
CivCube (SD)
Kan' Sharuminar (Scotland)
Owen Glyndwr (CA)
birdjag (NM)
rugbyLEAGUEfan (NSW, Aussieland)
nobody (Kiwiland)
abaddon + Boundless (glad to see you two still lurk) (Engerland)
algeroth (Czech Rep)
taillesskangaru (VC, Aussieland)
Quintillus (WI)
plontinus (Engerland)
Lucy (RI)
VRWC (MO)
Classical Hero (WA, Aussieland)
Traitorfish (Scotlan')

website!

Here is the OP from the previous thread.

Will @emzie get the yeti back.

What did he do to poor Bumble:cry::cry:

The camera disappeared in Australia and the second yeti has been imprisoned in some hell hole, can't remember where the first yeti disappeared.

Well we know who pasted them on and how quickly last time but that is no guarantee of future performance.
New people we have no data about.

The camera disappeared in Australia and the second yeti has been imprisoned in some hell hole, can't remember where the first yeti disappeared.

Didn't the camera (and a pair of pants) get stolen in Egypt ?

Didn't the camera (and a pair of pants) get stolen in Egypt ?

No it was posted to Australia.
The person was on holiday.
Australian postal service returned it to Europe.
posted again to Australia.

As far as I recall that was the last we heard of it.

I'm interested

But I think someone needs to take sort of a boss role like Emzie did before

So who is going to be asked.

Do we let Bumble continue his journey? If so, we need a list of those who will participate.
If Bumble is to be adopted by Owen, then we need a new object and a list of participants.

Bumble's size makes him more expensive to mail, but he photographs well and has a story already started. I like using him again. I am willing to be responsible (pay for) for sending him overseas once he has made his US/Canadian tour.

I was just thinking about this earlier this week. I would be up for participating again. Location is Ohio + Michigan (splitting time between both, will probably drive Bumble from one to the other for more photo ops).

I think one thing that would help is if the organizer collected contact info for all the participants upfront, including address for mailing Bumble, and phone or e-mail for confirmation of address when their rotation came up, and nudging about keeping Bumble moving if it came to that. That way even if real life interferes and a poster isn't on CFC for awhile, it should be possible to contact them and find out if they can still take Bumble for a spin, or should be skipped.

I agree that a stricter selection process would help too. Maybe use the little green army man like Narz suggests as the trial run to validate that a group of people can keep things moving, and once someone has proven reliable with that, they can receive Bumble. I still like the idea of Bumble given his photogenicness, but we stand a better chance of making it in 800 days if we have a practice validation run first.

Another low-cost trial option would be having each person in the trial send a postcard to the next person.

I'm also willing to chip in for postage.

Top Bottom