1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by EQandcivfanatic, Oct 17, 2012.

1. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

To: Peru

We do not understand the instruction. Please clarify.

2. Nailix

Nailix Damn!

To: Japan

We send our deepest condolences to our allies in Asia. Italy is willing to aid Japan financially, if need be, to recover from the events which took place this year. If Japan needs any aid it should only let Italy know and we will send what aid we can.

To: Russia and the United Kingdom

After hearing the news about what has transpired this year we want to let both your nations know that you are in Italy's thoughts. You are two nations that Italy has been trying to increase relations with over the years and hope your nations can rebound quickly from these events. We hope violence will not be required, but if it is then we wish your nations the best.

3. bombshoo

bombshoo Never mind...

Puerto Rico expresses condolences for the deaths, but believes the concept of financial aid to some of the richest countries on Earth because they had a handful of deaths is ridiculous. Elsewhere, millions of people go hungry and jobless everyday. Spend your money in Puerto Rico on a vacation. Help out the Puerto Rican people while enjoying yourself. Don't give more money to rich people. That's just silly.

4. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

I didn't have the time to read the extra, I only got the response in just before I had to leave to catch a train. At any rate I will eventually go back to it (am busy now) and edit it to be from the Camerlengo.

-

To: Russia, Japan, Great Britain and Guangxi

The Holy See wishes again to reiterate its calls for restraint. The proletarist menace must be addressed, but it is our fervent opinion that a war in central Asia would not serve the interests of peace or regional stability, and that any military effort should be proportional, and aimed at crushing the true threat, the red army within the territories of Japan and Guangxi.

We also note that in the absence of absolute proof of the involvement of the Ascendant state, and the previous diplomatic measures established between them and Guangxi. That hawkish calls for immediate war should be tempered by reason, with due time for consideration of this crisis divorced from the immediate emotional impact being allowed for.

~ Camerlengo of the Catholic Church

5. Quisani

Quisani Gaming Person

TO: The World

The Emperor would like to let the world know that Japan mourns along the rest of the world following the attack of the Red Army on the Guangxi celebration. The Xinjing Massacre was a dishonorable act by those who have no honor. The Emperor and the rest of Japan extends their deepest sorrows and condolences to the those nations who have brave men who severed to their nations with utmost capacity and loyalty. At this time, Japan does not require the generous offers of aid that have come forward from her allies, though it is with humble deference that these offers are being declined.

Ogasawara Naganari

TO: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

The Emperor would like to express his condolences to the citizens of the United Kingdom regarding the death of King Henry XIII Tudor within the bounds of the Dominion of the Kingdom of Guangxi. We applaud the passion their government shows in the face of such loss, but disagrees with the analysis that no blame lies at the feet of the Guangxi government. The activity of the United Kingdom within the sphere of Asia will be monitored carefully.

Ogasawara Ieyoshi

TO: The Dominion of Guangxi

The Kingdom of Guangxi had made assurances to the Empire of Japan that security was sufficient enough to prevent against attacks from the Red Army. Nearly 150 delegates and various attendants traveled by land from Japan to Guangxi to attend your celebrations. Not a single Japanese citizen was molested or received ill treatment during this journey. The last correspondence with our dignitaries brought good word of Xinjing. Unfortunately, they will not be returning. We share a common enemy in the Red Army, and for the time being, we see fit to lay the tiger's share of the blame at their feet. Reparations will not bring those who fell during the Xinjing Massacre, so we will not be asking for reparations to be given to the Japanese government. It is not in the interest of Japan to allow this event to escalate to war, with either the Dominion or the Unified Realm. If the world sees fit to move upon the Unified Realm, to move upon Asia, then the Empire of Japan will become respond appropriately. At this time, Japan asks that official apologies be issued to the families and nations of all those who died in Xinjing during the attack, and that the deceased be repatriated with dignity and haste. The Japanese government will keep these developments in mind in moving forward with the relationship between our two nations.

Tokugawa Satotaka

TO: The Unified Realm of China

The Empire of Japan will observe the actions of the Unified Realm in the coming days. Opportunities may rise and opportunities may disappear. We suggest that General Yehao act with thoughtfulness.

Tokugawa Satotaka

@EQ

Spending Orders:

-2 EP in additional spending towards the IIS.
    -12 EP towards [CLASSIFIED]

6. ShadowNX

ShadowNX Prince

TO: The World

The Venezuelan Government is shocked and outraged at the actions of the Red Army in this a cowardly attack. Communications and information coming from the region has been sparse and we have not received conclusive reports on the status of our Minister of Foreign affairs and his delegation.

The government has seen fit to dispatch 2 King Juan-class Battleships & 3 Patrick-class Destroyers to travel to Guangxi to retrieve, what we assume to be the bodies of our delegates.

And let it be known that if any evidence comes forth implicating the Unified Realm of China in this heinous attack on our citizens a state of WAR will exist between us.

President Felix de Puga
    Republic of Venezuela

7. Masada

Masada Koi-san!

Can I be Jamaica, mon?

DA SNEAKY WHITEY RATS TOOK OUR CHEESE, THE FRUIT OF DA MOUSE LABOUR, SO WE BAITED DA TRAP AND IT SNAPPED DER NECK, MON.

UNITE BEHIND RASTAMOUSE KIDS AND STRIKE DOWN DA WHITEY RATS!

8. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

ooc: Peeps, anybody got any names for my cabinet?

So far I got Daniel Dravot, Peachy Carnehan, Rudyard Kipling, Billy Fish (this is an African native version, not the Gurkha), Allan Quatermain, Rick O'Donnell (As portrayed by Brendan Fraser in The Mummy film series) and Indy.

9. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

From Burgduny
    About Chinese Massacre:

We are very sad for those who died, and hope that they will rest in peace, but we are even more sad that the British use this terrible and sad massacre as propaganda for starting a war that could kill millions of people.

10. TheLastJacobite

TheLastJacobite No Commies

OOC: Since there wasn't an Ethiopia (until recently) in this timeline, there was no Emperor Haile Salessie, this no Rastafarian movement. Jamaica is this timelines version of Communist though

11. Masada

Masada Koi-san!

I'm aware of that. The Rasta reference was left in because I wanted it to be Google friendly.

12. Grandkhan

Grandkhan Telvanni Master Wizard

There's Neptune Flannelbottom Bone, from the Cairo Jim series, if you're inclined towards children's literature. Or Cairo Jim himself, but I can't remember his actual name.

There's also Lord John Roxton, of Arthur Conan Doyle's novel The Lost World.

13. JohannaK

Nobody really well-known? I guess I'll just pick people from Westerns. Dr. King Schultz, Minister of Health! ;)

You know what, I'll just take Neyland Smith from the Fu Manchu novels.

14. DuneBear

DuneBear Warlord

OOC: Hannibal Lecter could work as that position as well.

15. JohannaK

ooc: but Lecter ain't no oldie adventurer. Which Schultz is. :p

16. DuneBear

DuneBear Warlord

OOC: Dr. Emmett Lathrop "Doc" Brown haha. He could fill some other position. Considered "Western" because of the 3rd movie.

John Henry "Doc" Holliday was an actual dentist as well.

17. Bair_the_Normal

Bair_the_Normal 全は禪

Spoiler :
    Spoiler :

1: Spain

2: Galicia

3: Portugal

4: Euskadi

5: Catalonia

6: Sardinia

7: Italy

8: Corsica

9: Occitania

10: Poitou

11: Dauphine

12: Brittany

13: Orleans

14: Burgundy

15: Great Britain

16: Normandy

17: Flanders

18: Netherlands

19: Germany

20: Switzerland

21: Denmark

22: Scandinavia

23: Russia

24: Hungary

25: Croatia

26: Serbia

27: Cechy-Morava

28: Bosnia

29: Romania

30: Bulgaria

31: Roman Empire

32: Turkey

33: Papal States

34: Kurdistan

35: Persia

36: Egypt

37: Libya

38: Sudan

39: Abyssinia

40: Tadjoura

41: Adjuuramark

42: Hollandia

43: Kongo

44: Tanganyeken

45: Mozambique

46: Burundi

47: Zambia

48: Mutapa

49: Botswana

50: Zulu

51: South Africa

52: Oranjien

53: Ovamboland

54: Chokweland

55: Angola

56: Brazil

57: Paraguay

58: Uruguay

59: Argentina

60: Chile

61: Peru

62: Ecuador

63: Colombia

64: Venezuela

65: Costa Rica

66: Nicaragua

67: Honduras

68: Mayaland

69: Aztlan

70: Cuba

71: Hispaniola

72: Puerto Rico

73: Jamaica

74: Florida

75: Jacksonia

76: United Proletarist Republics of America

77: United States of America

78: Vinland

79: Hashemite Sultanate

80: India

81: Kazakhstan

82: Afghanistan

83: Tibet

84: China

85: Guangxi

86: Japan

87: New Zealand

Here's a labeled map.

EDIT: Looks like I forgot Kalinga. Whoops.

18. talonschild

You also forgot Hawaii, if you plan on fixing it.

19. Bair_the_Normal

Bair_the_Normal 全は禪

I don't, at least not today, but I hope Hawai'i is obvious enough. :blush:

20. talonschild

Just might need clarifying whether it's independent - on the map it's hard to tell. It really doesn't matter, at all, but for the sake of completeness I brought it up.