[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

more governors

Yes please.

There are a bunch of small areas where the game needs “more”, just so the game doesn’t feel so repetitive.

e.g.
  • More Governors.
  • More Disasters (hey, we got that one! Awesome!)
  • More Dedications (five per Era instead of four)
  • More Unique Religious Units (eg linked to Beliefs, like the Monk is)
  • More Military Units (Medieval Siege and Melee, Industrial Melee)
  • More Future Units (only having the GDR is jarring)
  • More Unique Barb Units (DLC 3, Return of the Axeman)
  • More Alt Buildings
  • More Spy Options (eg option to send Spies as Ambassadors)
Except for “More Governors” and “More Spy Options”, I’m reasonably confident about getting most or all of these.

Good day, guys! Just dropped in because I am working from home doing web meetings. What did I miss? A livestream?

Oh my!!!!!

Edit: I thought the livestream was already up

Last edited:
Achievements are up
  1. The stars are right - Win a regular game as Lady Six Sky.
  2. El Libertador - Win a regular game as Simón Bolívar.
  3. Court of Itzamna - As the Maya found a settlement adjacent to 4 luxury resources.
  4. To plow the sea - As Simón Bolívar activate all the Comandante Generals across multiple games.
  5. I'll melt with you - Win any Victory with Apocalypse mode enabled.
  6. The end of the world as we know it - Be the last person standing after comets begin falling.
  7. The accursed share - Use a max-promotions Soothsayer to sacrifice a max-promotions GDR.
Wasn't there 10 achievements? I only see 7. Also @pokiehl I think #6 is made for you!

In regards to the patch notes, I'm confused. Should I expect them to be available as soon as the DLC lands? Would be weird to get an update with no documentation of the changes.
It's possible they'll show up in a post somewhere at the same time as the DLC, or sometime tomorrow. Maybe even before the DLC drops, but that seems unlikely at this point. There's no consistent pattern with patch notes.

I also hope people aren't expecting too much of the patch - I expect this one to be mainly bug fixes. But I could be pleasantly surprised.

3. Court of Itzamna - As the Maya found a settlement adjacent to 4 luxury resources.
  4. To plow the sea - As Simón Bolívar activate all the Comandante Generals across multiple games.
  6. The end of the world as we know it - Be the last person standing after comets begin falling.
  7. The accursed share - Use a max-promotions Soothsayer to sacrifice a max-promotions GDR.
Court of Itzamna looks like it will be tough except on Legendary Resources settings.

To plow the sea
- As Simón Bolívar activate all the Comandante Generals across multiple games.

I think this is the first 'across multiple games' achievement in 6?

I'm wondering if this pass will end with a collection of "built all the wonders/unique units/CS UIs across multiple games" sort of achievements (and a win with each leader achievement), and we'll know 6 is done.

Wasn't there 10 achievements? I only see 7. Also @pokiehl I think #6 is made for you!

They added these. There are still 10 STK achievements in the other achievements section.

So, the Soothsayer seems to be technically a military unit. I assume they have a chance to trigger a natural disaster when they "sacrifice" (kill) a unit. Seems to be an evil Guru.

It seems that city destroyer comets only show up in late game, so Apocalypse mode might be something that I can leave active in a "normal" game.

Only two hours left for all of Sukritact's UI mods to stop working!

Bet this one is going to mess up his bisons and camels too due to the new resources :p.

Radial measuring tool...

More lenses...

It's all going fubar!

At least I'll still have the policy end of turn reminder. That's a friend that never fails me in times of need.

Only two hours left for all of Sukritact's UI mods to stop working!

Bet this one is going to mess up his bisons and camels too due to the new resources :p.

Radial measuring tool...

More lenses...

It's all going fubar!

At least I'll still have the policy end of turn reminder. That's a friend that never fails me in times of need.
You can go into offline mode until updates?

Last edited:
Top Bottom