[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

I think that's actually a great idea... T3 and T4 governements not excerting loyalty preassure on each other. That would mean which one you go for would actually mean a lot more then just what bonuses you get and the difference of 1 card slot.
That would be interesting though it would seriously be a nerf to Eleanor late game and easier to bypass her ability.

Not in this obvious instance of victory points. Not at all.

Except that it's not obvious. I disagree with you completely. If we make this one thing different for SP and MP, then everyone's going to start wanting all kinds of things to be different. And then the developers have to effectively balance two games and players have to learn two games. That's terrible design.

Besides, you're assuming that they changed the resolution from -3 to -2 because of MP games, but I'm not at all sure why you think that. I very much suspect that the change was made for SP games.

Unless they are planning the DLC for next week thursday, I don't expect a first look for Ethiopia that early on monday. It also mentions learn more (probably not all) about Ethiopia pack, which could translate into the civ, game mode or disctrict and buildings.

A Thursday release is plausible - alternatively they could be planning a livestream for the Thursday as they usually did with expansion content. These tended to be scheduled later in the same week as the First Look.

That would be interesting though it would seriously be a nerf to Eleanor late game and easier to bypass her ability.
Well Eleanor may still may be the exception and can still exert loyalty onto cities regardless of government.

NFP has caused me to return to Civ VI after about a year. I'm dismayed to see that extremely basic interface and tool tip problems remain. Maybe I'm spoiled by Old World, but I've realized that you can't figure many things out unless you make multiple clicks.

One word for you, my friend: mods.
In particular, Better Report Screen and More Lenses are excellent. There are other good UI ones as well, including larger ones like CQUI or Concise UI (which may or may not be up to date, I haven't checked).

Last edited:
Well Eleanor may still may be the exception and can still exert loyalty onto cities regardless of government.
Honestly that could work considering everyone around her was the same kind of government, a feudal monarchy.

https://www.facebook.com/civ/photos/a.349831890358/10158477664075359/

We are getting info on the Ethiopia Pack on Monday, July 13!!!

I read it as we are getting a preview of the Ethiopia Pack on Monday, the actual Pack won't come until later. The critical comma is after the words "New Frontier Pass" - that comma means that the actual update is not coming out on Monday July 13. If there were no comma, then yes, it would mean the actual pack comes out Monday. This is also consistent with past practice.

Sorry, I am a lawyer and cannot help myself!!!

I read it as we are getting a preview of the Ethiopia Pack on Monday, the actual Pack won't come until later. The critical comma is after the words "New Frontier Pass" - that comma means that the actual update is not coming out on Monday July 13. If there were no comma, then yes, it would mean the actual pack comes out Monday. This is also consistent with past practice.

I don't think one needs to be a lawyer to know that the pack isn't releasing on the 13th. :p
The way it's worded I don't think we will get the first look for Ethiopia until maybe even the day after.

I imagine Ethopia will drop about a week after the update, so the 20th.

And lawyers are the worst. Always ruining everyone's good time with their legal shenanigans (I, too, am a lawyer, specializing in poverty law. Part of my get rich very slowly scheme. So far, it is paying off.).

Any way to reduce the size of this picture on the forum?

Usually for large pictures I just use SPOILER tags.

Another new day, another new privated video in the NFP playlist.

There's two private videos now, and the noobs seem to have broken the whole playlist :p

Why for the love of Sam can I still not see a list of my cities with their yields, what they are producing, their amenities and housing etc all in one chart?

Although you're right this should have been Firaxis responsibility, the fact is matters of UI have been entirely addressed by the community, to the point it would be a waste of time for Firaxis to fix it. Whatever they come up with would either be a copy & paste or of equivalent quality to what we already have.

I strongly recommend Sukritact's Simple UI adjustments, and Global Relations Panel. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference between these mods and official content.

Other must haves are: Policy Change Reminder and Radial Measuring Tool.

For something more intense there's CQUI, but I find that's a bit too much for me.

Then there's a bunch of additional stuff like the ones recommended by Kibikus.
----

I should have been more complete with my reply. I wanted to put in the words "info dump" but that sounds a bit too weird for me.

I agree. I thought my post was clear that we are just getting info on July 13.

One word for you, my friend: mods.
In particular, Better Report Screen and More Lenses are excellent. There are other good UI ones as well, including larger ones like CQUI or Concise UI (which may or may not be up to date, I haven't checked).

Just a caveat: UI Mods seem to have the most trouble with Updates and Patches, or at least have had in the past. Be prepared to have to check them against your other Mods and the NFP patch/update.

Can't say specifically what the status is of Concise UI - I had to stop using it after the last (pre-NFP) patch because it just wouldn't work on my Mac any more with the patched game.

It is poorly worded.

Although you're right this should have been Firaxis responsibility, the fact is matters of UI have been entirely addressed by the community, to the point it would be a waste of time for Firaxis to fix it. Whatever they come up with would either be a copy & paste or of equivalent quality to what we already have.

Mods are a godsend for PC gamers like myself, but won't you think of our poor, downtrodden console-gaming brethren.

Top Bottom