1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

I just see it as the devs creating a class that they have the option of populating in the future if they so desire. It's keeping their options open with forward-thinking site design.

That said, I personally choose to believe this confirms that we are not getting Byzantium in NFP and Season 2 is a go. COME ON BULGARIA.

AntSou likes this.
  2. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I clicked on the link and they are selling another pass currently, but it's the six DLC that originally came in the Digital Deluxe Version.

Thenewwwguy, Myomoto, Kjimmet and 2 others like this.
  3. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

NOT LISTENING. BULGARIA.

Seems like a fair deal, though. I think the first year of DLC is about on par with what we are getting in NFP, if you lump the Aztecs in as well.

ZarduStar likes this.
  4. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

It has nothing to do with forward-thinking site design believe me ;) I work in this business. This is only the label text you can change in one minute :D

5. Alexander's Hetaroi

6. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

This is not a pass. This is Scenario Packs.
    The name of the label is "Passes and Scenario Packs" and the catalog contains two sites - one site: New Frontier Pass and the second site: Passes and Scenario Packs

7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Ethiopia DLC achievements are up
    Win as Menelik - The Lion of Judah

Defeat an infantry unit whose capital is on another continent with Oromo Cavalry - Battle of Adwa

Earn all Owls of Minerva governor promotions - The Mask of Baphomet

Same for Hermetic Order - Voice of Aiwass

Same for Voidsingers - Dead But Dreaming

Same for Sanguine Pact - This Blood is the Life

8. bbbt

bbbt Deity

Interesting, no Persona pack related achievements...

Hawke9 likes this.
  9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

hmmm, there was a small 48 bytes patch a few hours ago, I've not seen anyone mentioned it, did I miss the related discussion ?

I mean, knowing what was in, I thought that would have been discussed.

10. Eagle Pursuit

I saw someone mention a download, and it came up on SteamDB. What was in it?

11. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

well, it's more about what was removed by it.

there are two README files in the "DLC/CatherineDeMedici/Data/" and "/DLC/TeddyRoosevelt/Data/"

they are now empty.

Here is the content of those two files before the patch:
    Spoiler :

-This folder contains gameplay data. Be careful to distinguish between two types of gameplay files:
    -1. Gameplay that needs to be on by default (ex. KublaiKhan_Vietnam_Civilizations.xml for the new content, KublaiKhan_Vietnam_Expansion2.xml for tweaks specific to playing in the XP2 ruleset)
    -Expansion1_Required Material will work in either expansion as long as you have Expansion1 enabled.
    -2. Gameplay that is part of an optional mode, specifying the ruleset needed (if any) and ending in “_Modes” (ex. KublaiKhan_Vietnam_Modes.xml for content related to the Alternate Economy game mode)

12. Eagle Pursuit

Whoa. They took out what we were perceiving to be a tip-off.

bbbt, Inawordyes, Kmart_Elvis and 2 others like this.
  13. Alexander's Hetaroi

I'm pretty sure somebody made an error and those weren't supposed to be in those files in the first place.

Hawke9 likes this.
  14. criZp

criZp Emperor

Yeah, there was some discussion about that yesterday in the patch notes thread. I hope alternative economy mode is more to my taste than the doomsday prophets and vampires.

15. Eagle Pursuit

Probably, but the appropriate response would be to leave it in and be coy about it, like when people found hints in the code for Macedon, Persia, and later Indonesia and Khmer.

16. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

If they did that to hide it, that was a really bad move, since them acting on it makes it looks even more suspicious.

17. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Yes, I should have known the readme would have been read already :D

but yes "alternate economy" is something that would have my interest if it was followed by an "alternate diplomacy" mode, because I don't see how any tweak of the current economy/diplomacy systems could interest me, but alternate modes, as in "restarting from scratch" now I'm really curious.

And would understand why the "for fun / not historical" modes were released first and consecutively while those get more development time.

18. Killer Rabbit

Killer Rabbit Chieftain

I was already thinking this way once the readme was found, but I think this confirms Vietnam, Kublai and some kind of Alternate Economy Mode as a lock. I just don't see it being a red herring, especially if they removed it. Very exciting!

19. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

With Vietnam leaked, it means that Siam will definitely not return to Civ VI for New Frontier.

20. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

It definitely feels like Khmer and Siam are considered alts like Mali and Songhai, or I will predict Hungary and Austria.