1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I believe they are being added to Gathering Storm, while the Solar Flare and Comet Impact are in the Apocalypse Mode.

2. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Prince

Thanks

3. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

My mistakes, but on the French page it clearly says: "Le monde entre dans une ère apocalyptique", which literally translates by "The world enters an apocalyptic era", so slighty disappointed (would have loved that if we pollute too much everybody is in some sort of super dark ages making anything way more difficult). My mistake, but it was an honest mistake (even if I'm still concerned by the choice of words. French translators of Civ 6 have a reputation of being quite incompetent and do thing quite literally, so translating "apocalyptic state" by "apocalyptic era" seems quite disturbing... but I'm overthinking for sure).

4. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

You'll find all 4 in apocalypse and on meteor an forest fire when playing a new match.

5. Piranga

Piranga Warlord

When they say "meteor shower" disasters what are they meaning here? Like an animation of meteors burning in the upper atmosphere.Just a visual like you see like the northern lights in game? Or are they actually going to have lame meteorite impact disasters in the base game?

6. bite

They will have impacts in the base game, though the big guy is only for apocalypse mode

7. Casworon

Casworon Prince

Meteor Shower's and Comet impacts look very different. The big city destruction is the Comet Impact. There was a screenshot of a Meteor shower somewhere, it looks like it just generated something looking like a iron deposit on the map.

8. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Hawke9, Kjimmet, CPWimmer and 4 others like this.
  9. bite

10. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Yeah, I'm guessing it will be something like pillages the tile, but perhaps adds iron to it after the fact.

11. criZp

criZp Emperor

>tfw most excited about the new patch that we may not even get quite yet

acluewithout likes this.
  12. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I don't know if I'm going to like the "apocalypse mode" or whatever but the solar storm sfx look awesome.

13. Spaceturtle

Spaceturtle Chieftain

I'm guessing meteor showers will be very rare, or will only happen with disaster intensity at 3 or 4.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  14. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Emperor

Pas de probleme ;)

Thats the main question for me. Could I attack him without declaring war. Rock Band spam from early game will be super annoying.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2020
  15. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Civ6 addict

Will there be a livestream like the ones before the release of Gathering Storm?

16. Eagle Pursuit

2pm EDT tomorrow.

liv likes this.
  17. lorrydriverjr

lorrydriverjr Warlord

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but why are they missing this opportunity to implement the plague mechanics from the Black Death scenario? I'm not even referring to the current pandemic, just comparing the death toll of viral diseases (billions) vs. comet impacts (0? not counting dinosaurs).

Bonci likes this.
  18. kotpeter

kotpeter Warlord

When did they say that? Source?

19. Eagle Pursuit

It was on Twitter from Amanda. But it seems to have been changed to Thursday.

20. Guynemer

Guynemer King

It's been speculated that the meteor shower will generate an iron resource. Do we have any speculation/support for forest fires giving a benefit? Increased tile fertility, etc. Also, will the forest regenerate on its own after the disaster has run its course?