[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

comet impacts (0
We've been kind of lucky on this front. Comet/small asteroid impacts in historical times have taken place in remote locations, particularly Siberia. A comet or especially an asteroid striking in a heavily populated area could be disastrous.

Do we have any speculation/support for forest fires giving a benefit? Increased tile fertility, etc. Also, will the forest regenerate on its own after the disaster has run its course?
One would hope so. Forest fires are integral to the health of the forest.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but why are they missing this opportunity to implement the plague mechanics from the Black Death scenario? I'm not even referring to the current pandemic, just comparing the death toll of viral diseases (billions) vs. comet impacts (0? not counting dinosaurs).
Hopefully because there's an actual disease/pandemic Game Mode coming later.

Soooo this New Frontier Pass,
is it gonna be released at the same time everywhere on 21 May, or can we buy it when our timezone hits 21 May?

Disease/pandemic is probably best new addition if there is going to be. Like we saw in this first apocalypse mode --- this new mods wont be large mechanic's ... so probably nothing will come out of them to be really interesting --- but pleague are already in game, they just need to be moved and balanced to regular games.

Possible comet impact about 12,800 years ago.
Spoiler Younger Dryas impact hypothesis :
The Younger Dryas impact hypothesis or Clovis comet hypothesis posits that fragments of a large (more than 4 kilometers in diameter), disintegrating asteroid or comet struck North America, South America, Europe, and western Asia about 12,800 years ago.[1][2] Multiple airbursts/impacts produced the Younger Dryas (YD) boundary layer (YDB), depositing peak concentrations of platinum, high-temperature spherules, meltglass, and nanodiamonds, forming an isochronous datum at more than 50 sites across about 50 million km² of Earth’s surface. Some scientists have proposed that this event triggered extensive biomass burning, a brief impact winter, the Younger Dryas abrupt climate change, contributed to extinctions of late Pleistocene megafauna, and resulted in the end of the Clovis culture.[3]

When they say "meteor shower" disasters what are they meaning here? Like an animation of meteors burning in the upper atmosphere.Just a visual like you see like the northern lights in game? Or are they actually going to have lame meteorite impact disasters in the base game?
Spoiler :

10 hours to go before launch. It is 2am in my timezone so I hope patch notes will be up when I wake up.

See you tomorrow guys!

Do we know / think there will be a patch too? Or will it be patch in June, DLC July, patch August, DLC Sep... ?

Do we know / think there will be a patch too? Or will it be patch in June, DLC July, patch August, DLC Sep... ?
There’ll be an accompanying patch that, among other things, fixes the pantheon exploit. I’m not sure what (if any) free content will come with the patch

does anyone have an idea on if this patch is dropping with the DLC at 12am EST? or would that be a staggered release with that?

The Civ Twitter just used Maize in a corny pun, so I guess that's probably the official name of the new resource.
Well played, sir. Well played.

Top Bottom