[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Did anyone notice AI Phoenicia move it's Capital? I never paid attention.

Your reasoning isn't unsound and has plenty of examples to support it, but there are also plenty of counterexamples. Assyria particularly comes to mind as the moves from Aššur to Kalhu, from Kalhu to Dur-Sharrukin, and from Dur-Sharrukin to Nineveh all represent Assyria's growing strength and wealth.
The best example of this is China. Quoting Bill Wurtz: "China is whole again... Then it broke again."

I think any civilization should have the ability to move its capital, and capitals should be a lot more influential in general.

Few countries solely stuck to one capital throughout their existence, and it makes sense to move the seat of power to the wealthiest and most developed region. Why would I keep my capital in Paris which is a 3 pop desert city when Nantes is much closer to the center of my empire and more developed?

To counter this, just make Phoenicia’s projects cheaper in general once they complete their government district

In terms of Wonders, this is the current breakdown (asterisk means Byzantium & Gaul pack wonders already included):

Ancient - 6
Classical - 12*
Medieval - 10
Renaissance - 7
Industrial - 8
Modern - 4
Atomic - 4*

I think this rules out an Industrial era Wonder and almost but guarantees a Renaissance Era one. Surely they'd not commit the atrocity of leaving an odd number in there, breaking an otherwise perfect curve?

I'm convinced we're getting a Renaissance and at least one Medieval wonder. But last time the two wonders came bundled with two Civs. This time it's a single Civ-pack, so I'm hopeful we'll see three or even four wonders.

Notre Dame - Medieval, at Apprenticeship or Feudalism
Belem Tower - Renaissance, at Exploration

Something else at Medieval or Ancient.

Though this might be a bit too euro-centric considering the last two we got...

Notre Dame seems like a prime addition to Buttresses, given the flying buttresses used in its construction. Castles also might not be a bad place for it.

Cologne Cathedral could be an addition, though maybe I'm biased because I've seen the cathedral before. Westminster Abbey, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Duomo di Firenze, and the Palace of Versailles could work as well.

That was my first thought as well, but there's a wonder there already.
I mean... Mont St. Michel and Kotoku-in are in the same Civic as well...

Cologne Cathedral could be an addition, though maybe I'm biased because I've seen the cathedral before. Westminster Abbey
There are a number of gorgeous Gothic cathedrals, and as long as we get one of them I don't really care which it is. :D

That was my first thought as well, but there's a wonder there already.
I thought of that, too, but there are several techs and civics with multiple wonders. Apprenticeship and Feudalism both feel too early for Notre Dame. So are Buttress and Castles, but...

There are a number of gorgeous Gothic cathedrals, and as long as we get one of them I don't really care which it is. :D
Me too. :D

I thought of that, too, but there are several techs and civics with multiple wonders. Apprenticeship and Feudalism both feel too early for Notre Dame. So are Buttress and Castles, but...
I disagree about your point on Techs: I couldn't find a single Tech that had at least two Wonders.

I disagree about your point on Techs: I couldn't find a single Tech that had at least two Wonders.
Indeed? Hmm. At any rate, I know Monarchy at least has multiple wonders attached to it so there's precedent anyway...

Isn't the idea that a nation's capital is locked in one city pretty ahistorical if we consider the average civilization around the world? I have a hard time understanding that we can't move our capital to another city. Of course there would be some balance tweaks that should be done to how loyalty works, but I don't see that as not doable.

In terms of Wonders, this is the current breakdown (asterisk means Byzantium & Gaul pack wonders already included):

Ancient - 6
Classical - 12*
Medieval - 10
Renaissance - 7
Industrial - 8
Modern - 4
Atomic - 4*

I think this rules out an Industrial era Wonder and almost but guarantees a Renaissance Era one. Surely they'd not commit the atrocity of leaving an odd number in there, breaking an otherwise perfect curve?

I'm convinced we're getting a Renaissance and at least one Medieval wonder. But last time the two wonders came bundled with two Civs. This time it's a single Civ-pack, so I'm hopeful we'll see three or even four wonders.

Belem Tower - Renaissance, at Exploration

Something else at Medieval or Ancient.

Though this might be a bit too euro-centric considering the last two we got...

Two European wonders at the same time seem unlikely. Most likely we get one from Europe and one from East/Southeast Asia. One is a veteran and the other one is never seen before.
My guess is Notre Dame and something from China/Burma/Thailand /Indonesia.

Two European wonders at the same time seem unlikely. Most likely we get one from Europe and one from East/Southeast Asia. One is a veteran and the other one is never seen before.
My guess is Notre Dame and something from China/Burma/Thailand /Indonesia.
Another Chinese wonder or a Korean wonder would make me very happy.

Another Chinese wonder or a Korean wonder would make me very happy.

Medieval:

Su Song's Water Clock (China)
Konark Sun Temple (India)
Kamakura Daibutsu (Japan)
Gyeongbokgung (Korea)
Porcelain Tower (China) - right on the edge between Medieval and Renaissance

Renaissance:

Trongza Dzong (Bhutan)
Himeji-jo (Japan)
Agra Fort/Residence (India)
Harmandir Sahib ("Golden Temple") (India)
Wat Arun (Thailand)

Medieval:

Su Song's Water Clock (China)
Konark Sun Temple (India)
Kamakura Daibutsu (Japan)
Gyeongbokgung (Korea)
Porcelain Tower (China) - right on the edge between Medieval and Renaissance

Renaissance:

Trongza Dzong (Bhutan)
Himeji-jo (Japan)
Agra Fort/Residence (India)
Harmandir Sahib ("Golden Temple") (India)
Wat Arun (Thailand)
Does Borobudur count as well? :mischief:

two new wonders is confirmed or it's speculation based on the previous installment?

anyway , I'm used to expect minimum effort & dedication from Firexis... so probably no more than two wonders

Top Bottom