1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

But a coffeehouse unique building is already Austria's thing. :p

2. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

what? we’re not using the lumber mill for cascadia’s UI??

3. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Prince

Paul Bunyan, Cascadian unique unit, as a unique replacement of builder.

TahamiTsunami and Thenewwwguy like this.
  4. Birch617

Birch617 Chieftain

Hey could the Amish count a Civ in the game?

5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Their UA is that their tech tree ends in the early Industrial Era?

Hawke9, Zaarin, Naeshar and 7 others like this.
  6. Birch617

Birch617 Chieftain

Maybe they generate more faith or the cities are harder to convert to another religion when they are behind other Civs on the tech tree

Hawke9 likes this.
  7. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

But they're constantly bugging their neighbors to drive them around everywhere?

8. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso Prince

The Republic of Molossia

9. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

They'd have to have no military. Maybe their cities are immune to being conquered. (If so, have to figure out how a civ would conquer them.) Enemies can only pillage improvements, and if there are 2 (or maybe 3?) pillaged tiles in a city, they can optionally relocate the entire city to another place on the map, including a tile within another friendly civ's borders. (Debating if city spacing rules should be relaxed and if their cities should be limited in size.)

Limited tech and civics trees, only tier-1 buildings for many of the districts. No encampments.

Unique settler. Much cheaper to produce. Has the option to merge with a foreign city instead of founding a city, resulting in positive diplo modifier.

No religious units. But religious pressure much higher than usual. All Amish cities start with their religion in place, once the religion is founded. Any civ with their religion as a majority may not declare war on anyone. Any city with their religion as a majority may not produce military units.

Unique improvement is fairly late, does something to help with tourism when located close to foreign territory.

10. Alexander's Hetaroi

I'm surprised nobody has said Deseret yet lead by Brigham Young.

11. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

any civ with cities which can’t be conquered is too OP. literally makes dom victories impossible (also means that you can’t game over if you’re playing the civ). I thought of a design like that for switzerland, but it’s just too powerful.

Hawke9 likes this.
  12. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I'd put Deseret on the same tier as the Republic of Texas and California Republic, which were disqualified--which is fair: I wouldn't call any of them particularly obscure, if a little ephemeral.

13. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso Prince

Something along an Amish Village that you can only construct in other players' cities. Give diplomatic flavors for the Amish Civ and a lot of food, production and housing for the civ housing it. If (for a reason or another) you declare war on them, all those Amish Villages just disappear.

I would love to see Switzerland, but I see it as some sort of guilty pleasure that I know will never happen (but seeing that Scotland made it and the importance of Switzerland during Europe History make it a little more possible). But remember that Switzerland's neutrality is not necessarily protected by goodwill from neighboors but just because conquering them would be too much an hassle for little reward, and neighboring countries have much more interest to have a peaceful Switzerland that a warring one (hello bank secrecy!). IG this would translate by making war on them very difficult, like:

When an enemy has units in your territory, you siphon each turn money from this player based upon the number and strength of the units

Completely silly I have to admit it :lol: In fact Canada's immunity to Surprise Wars would have been perfected and make way more sense for Switzerland than Canada.

14. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

Too much hassle for little reward could also translate into heavy yields penalty for conquered Swiss cities.

15. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

all conquered swiss cities have the capital negative diplo favor policy and 25 undecaying grievences each

8housesofelixir likes this.
  16. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Weren't they like shoshone and the mormons?

17. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Yes. Eventually the (official) Mormon parts of the Deseret constitution would be pared away and it would become the state of Utah (more or less).

Thenewwwguy and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  18. Eagle Pursuit

At one point their land claims extended to what is now Southern California and they were semi-autonomous for longer than either the Republic of Texas or Republic of California existed.

I think you could at least make the case to remove Salt Lake City from the American city list and make it a religious city-state.

19. Alexander's Hetaroi

According to the wiki it's not an possible American city. That being said there's a big list of religious city-states I would rather see before Salt Lake City.

20. Eagle Pursuit

I'm not eager to see it either, but it could be one.