[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Speaking of Anacoana, I think the Caribbean is a region of the world that has potential for a civ representative in a future installment of the game.
Cuba could be very cool, though Castro is too controversial to be included, which would be largely the point of including them. Maybe with Che Guevara? Though that probably makes it worse.
Haiti could be interesting to call some attention to slave uprisings and the darker aspects of civilization, as the rest of society moves for that as well. Also, if they ever decide to put Napoleon back into the game, it would be a nice foil to him heh/

Other than that, I could maybe see a New Providence Pirate civ if they are releasing three season passes haha. It would be cool although 9/10 civfanatics would be upset this came in instead of X civ.

Haiti would certainly be a solid but controversial choice (though let's be honest all colonial civs are controversial here). Toussaint Louverture is a recognizable leader but unique unit and unique infrastructure might be harder to choose. Cultivateurs were important rural guerillas during the Haitian Revolution so they are a possibility for unit but I'm not sure on infrastructure.

On the other hand, would Imelda Marcos be a shoe-in, er, shoo-in?

Ugh, I hate her.

Also she's still alive, I doubt they'll ever use a living person.

Agenda: Will try to collect as many shoes as possible. Prioritizes pastures on Cattle in order to manufacture more shoes.

to be fair, so did Menelik, Basil II, Theo Roosevelt, Wilfred Laurier and even Gandhi
I'm curious to know what actions of Gandhi you would characterise as "violence against his own people."

I think the question: "is X person 1) from close to the present time, and 2) is fascist-adjacent" is probably a pretty good criteria for "we would not like to feature this person in Civ content. (Re: two figures in this thread).
That gave me an idea, imagine a 180 turn from this rule. How about a Lech Wałęsa leader? He already has been somewhat included in Civ and I genuinely believe that he'd agree to do his own voice acting. Wouldn't that be something?

(note: I'm not completely serious here. it could be fun, but would be an impressive mess. however, i do actually believe that he could be convinced to do voicelines.)

Last edited:
I'm hoping for Sigismund II Augustus for Poland next time it shows up TBH.

Oh, don't get me wrong, my first pick for the next Polish leader would surely be Sigismund II, maybe bringing in a little bit more Lithuania into the civ (the guy even almost split from the Catholic Church at one point, the madman). And Sobieski would go along nicely with some kind of Antemurale christianitatis or even Christ of Europe design however that could be translated into gameplay (also, PIłsudski would be a more interesting option for that, I think). It's just that with its 'interesting leaders' agenda Civ VI is the best installment possible to introduce a megalomaniac Wałęsa. Not saying that it makes much sense, but the idea of his involvement in the game just has a certain appeal to me... :p

Last edited:
the guy even almost split from the Catholic Church at one point
One of the classes I'm taking right now for my master's is on the Protestant Reformation, and, given that Poland is probably the most Catholic nation in modern Europe, I was astonished by how much headway Protestantism initially made in Poland--and not just the usual Reformed Protestantism but even the more radical varieties like Socinianism and Hutterism.

given that Poland is probably the most Catholic nation in modern Europe,
I'm pretty sure that spot goes to the Vatican City. :p

I was speaking of countries larger than someone's palace that have actual lay populations. :p
I realize that. It is curious though that overall the percentage of people who identify as Catholics in Poland is higher than Spain or Italy, who we commonly associate them with the religion.

Hawaii lead by Liliʻuokalani

Agreed. Personally, I'd far prefer Kamehameha I to lead Hawai'i. I personally believe she was more accomplished as a songwriter than as a leader, and that she would be best represented as a great musician (and maybe also the Hawaiian themes and ambients being based off her compositions)
Isn't she already a great musician? Or is that just a mod I use?

I realize that. It is curious though that overall the percentage of people who identify as Catholics in Poland is higher than Spain or Italy, who we commonly associate them with the religion.
My general impression is that most of formerly Western Christian Europe is pretty areligious or nominally religious now except for Poland and Ireland.

My general impression is that most of formerly Western Christian Europe is pretty areligious or nominally religious now except for Poland and Ireland.

Oh yeah being Polish is practically an ethnoreligious thing, in that Polish pride practically implies being Catholic. I think that was a major point of frustration for me growing up, a sort of unsaid presumption that honoring our heritage also required being Catholic (moreso that, at the time, the Pope was Polish). It's a very backwards way of thinking, imo, practically feudal.

I was just listening to Nessun Dorma and it reminded me of how much I want Italy in civ. :love:

I'm not sure how operas would translate into civ themes tho...

I was just listening to Nessun Dorma and it reminded me of how much I want Italy in civ. :love:

I'm not sure how operas would translate into civ themes tho...
Well isn't the main theme already opera like? :mischief:

Top Bottom