[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Roosevelt and Roosevelt were distant cousins i believe
This is true, but FDR was ALSO
TR's

son in law
I didn't include horizontal relationships like cousin because I feel Victoria will complicate things a lot, she is deemed the grandmother of europe so I feel she will make things impossible to list lol
If we take into account non-blood relationships then Philip II was CdM's son-in-law for 10 years also, as someone pointed out above.

Oof. Doesn't the leader background change with what the leader leads? I assumed what we saw what China Kublai, while he'd have white robes, baldness and hat as Mongol Kublai. But the little we can see from the background seems to me like focus on country and steppe, as If we saw the Mongol Kublai. Good news is that Eleanor had different backgrounds than CdM/Vic, so this still may be China Kublai, he doesn't need to have the same background as Qin.

If Kublai leads China alongside Mongolia, I expect he'll have a different background, if he also has a different character model. All three leaders with an alternative character model (Eleanor, CdM, Teddy) also have a different background from their default one.

So it is strange they went with Mongol background, Chinese costume. This could, in theory, make him applicable to both Mongolia and China without changing anything. Maybe they used the leader model of one and the background of the other for the tweet? Who knows!

Or, he just leads Mongolia with a generalist 'asian emperor' outfit to distinguish him from the other Khan, which is what Occam's Razor would suggest.

So it is strange they went with Mongol background, Chinese costume. This could, in theory, make him applicable to both Mongolia and China without changing anything.
That would be in keeping with the general level of effort that has gone into NFP leader designs. :(

That would be in keeping with the general level of effort that has gone into NFP leader designs. :(
I have to agree here. Why are NFP leader designs generally so stiff? I think only Lady Six Sky and Menelik II avoid uncanny valley territory.

Am I the only one who dosn't care much about the Leaders Appearances/Outfits? I mean, we will get bored of them anyway, once we play with/against them and constantly getting the same Animations/Outfits EVERY Time you deal with them.

I'm more for New UAs, as they are mostly always Unique for each Leader, and they constitute a good opportunity for Modders to use them, in many ways if possible (more unique abillities from just one UA). This (new Abillities/Mechanics) can't be done by Modders, But it's possible to make new 3D art for Leaders (Look at Sukritact's 3D Leaders, you would expect THEM as the Devs work). Problem is, there isn't much that you can use for UAs.

Am I the only one who dosn't care much about the Leaders Appearances/Outfits? I mean, we will get bored of them anyway, once we play with/against them and constantly getting the same Animations/Outfits EVERY Time you deal with them.

I'm more for New UAs, as they are mostly always Unique for each Leader, and they constitute a good opportunity for Modders to use them, in many ways if possible (more unique abillities from just one UA). This (new Abillities/Mechanics) can't be done by Modders, But it's possible to make new 3D art for Leaders (Look at Sukritact's 3D Leaders, you would expect THEM as the Devs work). Problem is, there isn't much that you can use for UAs.
Given how often leaders pop up in my Civ VI games (because of the nature of the game), I care about the leader appearances quite a bit. We are only bored of them already (if we are) because each leader only has like...seven lines and doesn't interact with voice lines in real time (unlike the Civ V leaders).

Given how often leaders pop up in my Civ VI games (because of the nature of the game), I care about the leader appearances quite a bit. We are only bored of them already (if we are) because each leader only has like...seven lines and doesn't interact with voice lines in real time (unlike the Civ V leaders).
Exactly! And same thing for the Animations. I would love it if the Leaders would get at least a Throne Room that changes as the Leader is building more things in the City Center, and showing the Art/Relics that they collected so far.

I assumed what we saw what China Kublai, while he'd have white robes, baldness and hat as Mongol Kublai.

The problem being, a Chinese in the 13th century would also bear a unique hairstyle and a unique headwear. The current Kublai is way off on both Mongolian and Chinese headwears and hairstyles.

So it is strange they went with Mongol background, Chinese costume. Or, he just leads Mongolia with a generalist 'asian emperor' outfit to distinguish him from the other Khan.

Again, Kublai is wearing a Mongolian traditional clothing - called Deel - here. Traditional Chinese outfits didn't feature any furry lapel or tight sleeve.

So it is strange they went with Mongol background, Chinese costume. This could, in theory, make him applicable to both Mongolia and China without changing anything. Maybe they used the leader model of one and the background of the other for the tweet? Who knows!
If his background shows him along the Silk Road, that could be applicable for both civs without changing the background.

If his background shows him along the Silk Road, that could be applicable for both civs without changing the background.

I disapprove of the laziness. That's all I'm sayin'.

I disapprove of the laziness. That's all I'm sayin'.
I'm not saying I'd like it either. Just pointing out a possibility.
I think from past experiences, we can see that animations are hard but appearances and other artworks are not as hard, so if two Eleanors have two different appearances and diplomacy screens, Kublai should have as well.

I think from past experiences, we can see that animations are hard but appearances and other artworks are not as hard, so if two Eleanors have two different appearances and diplomacy screens, Kublai should have as well.
I agree. I'd like two different versions as well.
Plus they all know we like leaders with hats. :mischief:

GS had considerably better art assets than anything that has appeared in NFP, from the exquisite Cothon and Suguba to Kupe's over-the-top animations. Eleanor can't really be cited as an equivalent, given the generally subpar art assets in NFP.

Top Bottom