[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Philip II was also briefly married to Mary Queen of Scots, making him related to Elizabeth I through marriage.

All this political incest is just fascinating stuff, isn't it?
IIRC, Philip II was married to his cousin and Elizabeth I's half sister, Mary I of England and not Mary, Queen of Scots.

I would be extremely surprised if the last Civ is not Portugal. There is clear place for naval trading Empire. Caravel is also one of the few units that doesnt have UU.

Why do people say we only have 1 native American civ? Maya, Mapuche, Aztecs, and Inca are not natives of the Americas? :confused:
They mean Native Americans in the North American vicinity.

Agreed. Granted we have the Cree and Poundmaker, but North America's a rather large landmass and had a slew of tribes and nations. Currently it's the most poorly represented region of the global map in Civ VI. Obviously the Central and South American nations had more technological and architectural achievements, but North America has its own storied history and key figures. I would enjoy seeing Hiawatha return but given the proximity to the Cree I think it's unlikely. I really liked Pocatello in Civ V, but Sequoia, Sitting Bull, and many others earned both notoriety and respect through their leadership, especially in the Western frontier. It's a shame we don't know more about the Anasazi or those who built the huge mounds in eastern North America; there would certainly be opportunities for unique buildings at the very least.

Has anyone at Firaxis said anything yet regarding whether there might be any content for Civ VI released beyond New Frontier? While I think we're likely approaching the end as far as new Civs are concerned (I agree that Portugal and at least one new North American Indian nation should make the cut), there are certainly many Leaders from previous Civ games that would make for excellent alternates to the existing ones. Here are just a few:

Napoleon
Julius or Augustus Caesar
Attila (Huns)
Bismarck
Kamehameha (Polynesia)
Enrico Dandolo (Venice)
Abraham Lincoln or George Washington
Boudicca (Celts)
Isabella
Maria I (Portugal)
Hiawatha (Iroquois)
Oda Nobunaga
Ramkhamhaeng (Siam)
Elizabeth

I understand that several of these Leaders/Civs have "equivalents" in Civ VI already, but I personally would love to see them made available anyway. No doubt Napoleon would play very different from Catherine de Medici. Venice would offer that unique "one-city challenge" from Civ V.

Of course there's also the glaring gaps in technological advancement where Units are currently concerned in Civ VI as well. Having no Riflemen between Musketmen and (WWI-era) Infantry, for example, or that Cold War-era B-52 Stratofortress that IN NO WAY represents "Stealth". In fact, given the proportion of military-centric Leaders in the above list and so many (apparent) Units left to add in Civ VI, it's not too hard to envision a military-themed expansion/Season Pass coming before Firaxis moves on to the next Civ entry.

No idea how much if any of this will happen, but it can't hurt to throw this out there and hope, I guess.

Any pictures on that?
obraz_2021-01-16_152523.png
Check out these threads for more:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-hidden-and-unused-content-of-civilization-vi.661866/
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/find-the-hidden-firaxis-logo.627623/

Not including Mesoamerica. :)

Has anyone at Firaxis said anything yet regarding whether there might be any content for Civ VI released beyond New Frontier? While I think we're likely approaching the end as far as new Civs are concerned (I agree that Portugal and at least one new North American Indian nation should make the cut), there are certainly many Leaders from previous Civ games that would make for excellent alternates to the existing ones. Here are just a few:

Napoleon
Julius or Augustus Caesar
Attila (Huns)
Bismarck
Kamehameha (Polynesia)
Enrico Dandolo (Venice)
Abraham Lincoln or George Washington
Boudicca (Celts)
Isabella
Maria I (Portugal)
Hiawatha (Iroquois)
Oda Nobunaga
Ramkhamhaeng (Siam)
Elizabeth

I understand that several of these Leaders/Civs have "equivalents" in Civ VI already, but I personally would love to see them made available anyway. No doubt Napoleon would play very different from Catherine de Medici. Venice would offer that unique "one-city challenge" from Civ V.
I think either Hiawatha (Iroquois) or Maria I (Portugal) has the best chance of returning. Venice or Siam isn't happening either because they've been introduced recently as a city-state.

I'm not sure if you are suggesting Polynesia or the Celts to return because that's not happening. For Kamehameha or Boudicca to return you would need a separate Hawaii or Iceni civ, which probably aren't happening either as we've already have a Polynesian and Celtic civ.

Plus if we have to pick from past civ leaders where are my favorites Louis XIV, Maria Theresa or Ashurbanipal? :p
America alternate leader would be interesting if we didn't have two different Teddys. And yeah we don't need a third French leader I guess either after two leaders and a persona for one. :mischief:

Last edited:
Well I'm not sure it was Australia's fault. :p
I mean, they're occupying a civ slot that could be held by literally anyone else, and they have the worst music in the game. I reserve the right to hold that against them. :p

Honestly as much as I like the idea of Scotland in the game, and Gaul making it in too, I'm not sure we needed both of them. I think one or the other as the "Celtic" representative would have been enough.
Yes, Scotland was poorly designed if they wanted it to be the "Celtic" civ and felt even more extraneous when they made it a very British Scotland alongside a very British England.

Why do people say we only have 1 native American civ? Maya, Mapuche, Aztecs, and Inca are not natives of the Americas? :confused:
In North America, "Native American" is usually used specifically to mean the indigenous people of the United States and Canada, while American Indian, Amerindian, or Indigenous Peoples of the Americas are used to refer to all the indigenous peoples. It's simply a colloquial convention.

I mean, they're occupying a civ slot that could be held by literally anyone else, and they have the worst music in the game. I reserve the right to hold that against them. :p
Right but I guess in my mind, geographically speaking, they are taking a spot from an Aboriginal group, that most likely wasn't going to happen.

If you need to blame someone I'm with you on possibly blaming Canada considering we got the Cree in as well. :p

Yes, Scotland was poorly designed if they wanted it to be the "Celtic" civ and felt even more extraneous when they made it a very British Scotland alongside a very British England.
Which is probably why they brought in Gaul. The design for Scotland would have been better if the Highlander was more of a Medieval unit with a claymore.

Though I do expect Civ 7 for them to go with Ireland to solve that problem with a gallowglass. :)

My first impression is that Kublai's model doesn't come across as particularly visually appealing in the context of Civ 6 standards.

It could be due to it being an average quality gif, or the specific animation that they use here making it look worse (the arm just clips into the body in a fairly jarring manner):

Alright I'll stop criticizing and wait for the actual reveal. Those furs and clothing will look better in HD.
---

Edit: For comparison, here's Teddy's gif versus HD. Without the texture of HD it just looks like an unappealing brown mess, which is a bit what the yellow above looks like
Spoiler :

Last edited:
My first impression is that Kublai's model doesn't come across as particularly visually appealing in the context of Civ 6 standards.

It could be due to it being an average quality gif, or the specific animation that they use here making it look worse (the arm just clips into the body in a fairly jarring manner):

Alright I'll stop criticizing and wait for the actual reveal. Those furs and clothing will look better in HD.
---

Edit: For comparison, here's Teddy's gif versus HD. Without the texture of HD it just looks like an unappealing brown mess, which is a bit what the yellow above looks like
Spoiler :
I'm reserving judgement until we see what he looks like also in action/see his animations. Still pictures of leaders don't necessarily give the leaders justice.

Right but I guess in my mind, geographically speaking, they are taking a spot from an Aboriginal group, that most likely wasn't going to happen.
I was never expecting an Aboriginal civ. They don't even make sense to include, and on top of it all they don't want to be included.

Though I do expect Civ 7 for them to go with Ireland to solve that problem with a gallowglass.
Ireland would have made more sense in the first place IMO.

Sadly all of the NFP leaders aside from Lady Six Sky have been below average IMO, even aside from the reused animations. I've been very disappointed on that front.

I was never expecting an Aboriginal civ. They don't even make sense to include, and on top of it all they don't want to be included.
I agree. Which is why when that Noongar civ was leaked for GS I didn't believe it at all. Not to mention Roxelana and Atahualpa were in that one too. :shifty:

To add to the list of close relatives appearing in the game, while not a blood relation, Catherine de' Medici was mother-in-law to Philip II for a while.

Also, if we were to include leaders appearing in different versions of the game, Chandragupta Maurya (Civ VI) - Ashoka (Civ IV) are another grandfather-grandson pair.
So in terms of blood relations between leaders across all games, so far we have this (I will only list here direct and vertical relationships since I feel the English monarchy makes all the horizontal relationships too complicated)
1. THE CLOSEST: Gustavus (Civ5) and Kristina (Civ6) - Father and Daughter
2. Monty I and Monty II (Grandfather and Grandson)
3. Genghis and Kublai (Grandfather and Grandson)
4. Chandragupta (Civ6) and Asoka (Civ4) (Grandfather and grandson)
5. Maria I (Civ5) and Pedro II (Civ5&6) (Great-grandmother and Great-grandson)
6. Isabella (Civ2,3,4,5) and Philip II (Civ6) (Great-grandmother and Great-grandson)
Other notable non-vertical blood relationships I found are:
1. Casimir III (Civ5) was the great-uncle of Jadwiga (Civ6) (a brother of her paternal grandmother)
2. Suryavarman II (Civ4) was the first cousin, once removed of Jayavarman VII (Civ6) (Surya was the cousin-uncle, Jaya was the cousin-nephew).

Last edited:
Not to mention Roxelana and Atahualpa were in that one too. :shifty:
*drinks from gilt skull* Well, there go the ESRB ratings, and I do believe we just got banned in Australia. :mischief:

So Kublai Khan has been revealed? He looks pretty different from Genghis.
I can't wait to see who's the Vietnamese leader next week. A part of me still thinks it will be a female leader.....

So in terms of blood relations between leaders across all games, so far we have this (I will only list here direct and vertical relationships since I feel the English monarchy makes all the horizontal relationships too complicated)
6. Isabella (Civ2,3,4,5) and Philip II (Civ6) (Great-grandmother and Great-grandson)
1. Casimir III (Civ5) was the great-uncle of Jadwiga (Civ6) (a brother of her paternal grandmother)
2. Suryavarman II (Civ4) was the first cousin, once removed of Jayavarman VII (Civ6) (Surya was the cousin-uncle, Jaya was the cousin-nephew).

I miss Isabella leading Spain in Civ, maybe if we don't get Portugal in March we can have an Iberian pack and they give Spain Isabella as alt leader but that seems veryyyyy unlikely :(

If you need to blame someone I'm with you on possibly blaming Canada considering we got the Cree in as well. :p

Which is probably why they brought in Gaul. The design for Scotland would have been better if the Highlander was more of a Medieval unit with a claymore.

Though I do expect Civ 7 for them to go with Ireland to solve that problem with a gallowglass. :)

I'm on the blame Canada train here too, especially since Canada's introduction was so underwhelming in terms of gameplay and the civ design was even more meme-like than Scotland with its golf course. Even after a couple of patches I still find Canada a lackluster civ to play without a mod like Civilizations Expanded. At least Australia is fun to play if you block out their music, but they were also a contentious addition especially when they were the second ones added after base game launch.

Roosevelt and Roosevelt were distant cousins i believe

Top Bottom