[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

So apparently none of these civs will take advantage of Gathering Storm features? That's a pretty unfortunate drawback of this sort of plan. Other than that it seems like a smart decision for the game, it's how a lot of games work these days and I think it would be profitable for Civ to jump on that bandwagon.
I'm actually OK with this. When you think about it, as great an expansion as GS was, the only new systems it added were the climate change/weather system and the WC/diplomatic victory. The best Civs from GS (Maori, Mali, Phoenicia) all managed to have really fun uniques without especially relying on the new mechanics.

8 new civs, 9 new leaders in total, sort of sounds like an expansion pack stretched over a year.

I'm honestly mostly excited about regular balance changes, which I still think are required in a lot of areas.

New game modes are fine, I'll probably try them once, and then go back to standard games, but I'm hoping to get pleasantly surprised.

No new major gameplay systems mentioned yet.
And no new minor modding addition mentioned either.

Looks like a unique district maybe? But it also looks more Mayan than Ethiopian.

It's not clear whether the new district coming with Ethiopia is unique or whether it's shared across all Civs. I'd hope the latter. Not that unique districts aren't cool.

It's probably the Mayan unique district replacing the campus. In another view you can see the city with a clearly Mayan palace and the district with a library and university.

Yes yes yes!
Colombia, I hope they drop the Gran out of the game-play name, but still.

By the way, with also the Maya in, and already having Brazil, Canada, and other never-before seen indigenous American civs -
Are we getting a Colonization mod?

Yeah the country was never called "Gran" Colombia while it existed, it was just Colombia. After it split, that period in time was retroactively called "Gran Colombia". That said, many of the current civs are being named by their exonyms and/or retroactive names, so it wouldn't be so out of order to call them that. I guess it is also less controversial given the recent invasions on Venezuela by mercenaries coming from Colombia.

I'm actually OK with this. When you think about it, as great an expansion as GS was, the only new systems it added were the climate change/weather system and the WC/diplomatic victory. The best Civs from GS (Maori, Mali, Phoenicia) all managed to have really fun uniques without especially relying on the new mechanics.
Oh yeah it's not a huge deal but I'd like for one of these civs to have Diplo bonuses modifiers considering only Canada and Sweden do atm.

I really like what I'm seeing, but at the same time I'm feeling overwhelmed by all these game modes. I'm not complaining, off course, but I've a specific way I play that just got shattered. I'll need to rethink how I play Civ VI.

At least now we understand why they are not releasing the SDK.... Selling DLC would be harder when good modders are doing this for free...

Still happy about it :)

Well Maya is nice, let's hope its Lady Six Sky.
Gran Colombia was a bit unexpected but cool.

So From what I see they release civ's by continent. South America now, next Africa with Ethiopia. So no more civs from those continents
. Europe and Asia will get 2 leaders for sure, and the last one I guess will smth like Iroquis. Well lets see prediction threads in future.

I'm so excited, finally some new content!
Also, weren't these the civs seen in the 3rd Expansion leak? Not sure if Gran Colombia was mentioned though.

upload_2020-5-11_18-40-7.png

Is that resource in front of the windmill new?

Top Bottom