Civilization VI - Version History

@AspyrRyan, on a different subject that I am letting myself go to here, we just saw the Mac qa update today. Anything you would like to comment on or hint about that update and what is coming in the near future or any future for that matter?

It's the season of giving, you know,:xmassign: and just a little something would be such a wonderful :gift: and gesture for the guys at the Winter Update? thread that are literally going crazy with speculation after speculation. It is really pathetic, I know, but they are only human just like you and I, and from what I can feel, you are such a great guy helping us with keeping version numbers straight and going out of your way to do that just shows what a swell guy you are and, well, such a tiny :gift:or if you are as generous and kind human being as I, at this very moment, feel about you and know you for sure are, a big hint or truth or announcement even, considering how magnanimous your friends call you (I am one of them, for sure, after this), you could just give those guys hope and hope, you know, has such healing power and again it's that time of the year and you could be such a hero to them and to me. Think about it this way, you could actually be saving people and for that you could be canonized, unless, of course, you are not catholic or religious for that matter, then most certainly good old, but powerful karma could just bless you, again and again for doing this, you know, if you were to show how kind and stupendous you are. :please: Of course, karma could back fire if you chose to go against your saintly and charitable inclinations, but I stop at the thought, shivering, because that would never happen to you nor I would want to. So, we will be awaiting the good news (not in the slightest referring to any Christ reference in case you are not of that inclination), but if you are, well, there you go; Christ was and brought the good news and you could also do that, so you could consider this thought a parting wish or thought gift.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 72
@AspyrRyan, on a different subject that I am letting myself go to here, we just saw the Mac qa update today. Anything you would like to comment on or hint about that update and what is coming in the near future or any future for that matter?

Let me be clear: No.

If I did know of any future plans for Civ, I would not share it. 2K and Firaxis are the source of all official Civilization news.

I am usually the one uploading builds to Steam, so it is always amusing to see how fast @Eagle Pursuit notices and what theories it spawns.

I try to provide iOS updates for this thread because it may be useful to people, it's public information that anyone running iOS can see, and the version history post has been extremely useful to me in the past as I worked on multiple Civ projects that were synced to different versions.

Let me be clear: No.

If I did know of any future plans for Civ, I would not share it. 2K and Firaxis are the source of all official Civilization news.

I am usually the one uploading builds to Steam, so it is always amusing to see how fast @Eagle Pursuit notices and what theories it spawns.

I try to provide iOS updates for this thread because it may be useful to people, it's public information that anyone running iOS can see, and the version history post has been extremely useful to me in the past as I worked on multiple Civ projects that were synced to different versions.

Hahaha. Clear as water it is.

Well, you can't blame me for trying.

Initial update to post #2. The 1019.1 MB download includes the Maya/Gran Colombia DLC. If someone that didn't purchase the New Frontier Pass or DLC #1 and just received the update could let me know what the size is I'd appreciate it.
I do not have the DLC/NF pass and it is the same size downloading right now for me: 1019.1 MB.

I do not have the DLC/NF pass and it is the same size downloading right now for me: 1019.1 MB.
Thank you for the info. It seems that after reading the following from EP that it's possible all the files are downloaded, but only unlock when the DLC is is actually purchased. :dunno:
Something weird about the Depots. The PC Runner Depot is unused, but it is associated with the Maya/Gran Colombia DLC. The New Frontier Pack DLC has no associated Depot.

Are the files strictly located in the base game files and buying the DLC just unlocks them?

Thank you for the info. It seems that after reading the following from EP that it's possible all the files are downloaded, but only unlock when the DLC is is actually purchased. :dunno:
Wasn't that for MP, where you can play against someone that use the new Civ/Leaders in DLC ?

FWIW my download history shows 969.4 MB, I don't have the NF pass, and only have the base game, GS and the Viking DLC.

Initial update to Post #1. The 1019.1 MB download includes the Maya/Gran Colombia DLC. If someone that didn't purchase the New Frontier Pass or DLC #1 and just received the update could let me know what the size is I'd appreciate it.
It is the same, they always download everything and then only some DLCs are enabled/disabled, depending on what you purchased.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the same, they always download everything and then only some DLCs are enabled/disabled, depending on what you purchased.
When you say 'always' you mean the previous 6 DLCs, correct? So what you're saying is that if you just purchased the non-deluxe base game back in 2016, every time there was a DLC release (e.g. Poloand, Macedon/Persia, etc.), the DLC folder was still downloaded with all the files, they just weren't enabled?

Not all the files, scenario weren't downloaded for example. And nothing for expansions.

When you say 'always' you mean the previous 6 DLCs, correct? So what you're saying is that if you just purchased the non-deluxe base game back in 2016, every time there was a DLC release (e.g. Poloand, Macedon/Persia, etc.), the DLC folder was still downloaded with all the files, they just weren't enabled?
Yes. There was a time when I did not have all previous DLCs and yet they were all downloaded. Except for scenarios, @Gedemon is right about that. But there are no scenarios in today's DLC anyway.
Funny thing, you could actually copy entire DLC folder to the Mods folder, change the ModID and the DLC was working :D Firaxis added some extra checks along the way, so it is no longer possible.

The current macOS Steam version is 1.0.1.104 (194095), Aspyr launcher 1.3.0. At the moment it is not multiplayer compatible with Windows version. This version includes Maya and Gran Colombia.

The current macOS Steam version is 1.0.1.104 (194095), Aspyr launcher 1.3.0. At the moment it is not multiplayer compatible with Windows version. This version includes Maya and Gran Colombia.
Thank you for the updated version number!

It's odd that the iOS release of NFP doesn't correspond to the same version number as PC. I thought they were supposed to be in sync now with each release. In fact the numbers are quite a bit off - 1.0.1.104 to 1.0.1.501. Am I misunderstanding @AspyrRyan ?

Thank you for the updated version number!

It's odd that the iOS release of NFP doesn't correspond to the same version number as PC. I thought they were supposed to be in sync now with each release. In fact the numbers are quite a bit off - 1.0.1.104 to 1.0.1.501. Am I misunderstanding @AspyrRyan ?

I'm disconcerted to hear there's been an update for iPads, even though there has been no update for iPhones yet.

edit: in fact, my iPhone is still on 1.0.0.341 (181834), with no updates available.

Did they stop updating Civ for iPhones? :(

I'm disconcerted to hear there's been an update for iPads, even though there has been no update for iPhones yet.

edit: in fact, my iPhone is still on 1.0.0.341 (181834), with no updates available.

Did they stop updating Civ for iPhones? :(

This was the macOS (Steam) number, so far iOS/iPadOS is still at 1.0.0.341. I don’t have the macOS App Store version, perhaps someone else does?

For whatever reason, the Mac patch was 148.1 MB. (same version number)

Top Bottom