1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilizations Reborn

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by 1SDAN, Sep 27, 2019.

1. youzhou

youzhou Chieftain

My friend had made Golden horde in the original version, I also add it to the Reborn,maybe you could refer it.

Attached Files:

Mr.Kwast and Crimean Lord like this.
  2. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Hotfix: Fixed Olmec/Greece War on Spawn Mixup

@phoenixfire7 Sorry, I must have missed it. I don't plan on adding the Mixtec/Zapotecs as I fear they may conflict with the Olmecs

By the way, does anyone know where I can find a good model for a grove or forest garden?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    Crimean Lord likes this.
  3. TJDowling

TJDowling King

@1SDAN You said you were considering Haiti. Pre-Colombian or modern?
    I had a half-baked idea for an Arawakan or Carib civ with a canoe as UU but then I never wrote down my thoughts and now I've forgotten most of it and lost enthusiasm. But if you included a pre-Colombian Greater Antilles civ it could be interesting to represent conflict with the more war-like Lesser Antilles.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    Mr.Kwast and The 13th Earl like this.
  4. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Small Update:

The Chad Zango UB no longer uses coastal building graphics.
    Wat Preah Pisnulok, Prambanan, and the Emerald Buddha joins the Shwedagon Paya and Borobudur in being Wonders that must be built in a coastal city with a rainforest or jungle in their BFC that don't use coastal building graphics. This means that all of the South East Asian and Indonesian Wonders (that I'm currently aware of, besides Gardens by the Bay because I don't want players to chop their rainforest only to find they can't build the gardens) can be feasibly built by nations in the region before Japan or India snipes them

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  5. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Small update on the scrollable scoreboard, it works. See screenshot. I initially wanted a scrollbar, but I couldn't get it to work. Then I thought about scrolling with buttons and that works fine. (And I think like the look of the buttons even more than I would like the looks of a scrollbar, although it makes scrolling a bit slower)

This buttons automatically enabled when you limit the amount of civs appearing on the scoreboard in the BUG menu.

This is already ready for use. But I have some additions I want to include before I make the PR.
    - It doesn't show the score of the human player at all times. In the screenshot, my civ has a score of 227, which is outside of the selection as you can see. I want to change it so that you can always see your own score.
    - When you enable the option, the scoreboard is scrolled down to the very bottom by default. I want to change it so that by default it is scrolled to the human player ranks.

Attached Files:

6. black213

black213 Emperor

I was able to found Orthodoxy as Norte Chico. Is this intentionally possible? :eek:

7. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

...I don't think so?

8. black213

black213 Emperor

Sorry, that was more of a rhetorical question (if that's the right term), hope you can address the issue.
    Nice to see that you've worked so much on this mod since the last time I've played it. What's up next in your plans for it? And you at first stopped due to studies, hopefully returning to modding hasn't affected that field too negatively?

9. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Yeh, I'll look into it.
    I'm currently working on a Lithuanian civ, and after that I plan to add the Golden Horde. My studies are doing rather well, I've gotten into the rhythym of work and can do both without too much issue. Thanks for asking.

Mr.Kwast, The 13th Earl and black213 like this.
  10. black213

black213 Emperor

Glad to hear!
    How will Lithuania be like? They were the last Europeans to convert, if I remember correctly. A good candidate for a pagan focused civ?

1SDAN likes this.
  11. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Here's what I currently have planned for their UP
    The Power of the Pagans - +25% vs Civilizations of other faiths until the end of the Middle Ages. All cities are pagan and no religious disunity from the most popular religion while running a Pagan State Religion.

I'm considering moving the 25% part to their UU.

12. Mr.Kwast

Mr.Kwast Chieftain

I suggest the Uyghur people as a possible respawn of the Sogdians. I imagined this because both peoples are closely linked, and I can say that the Uyghur people are the successors of the Sogdians in the Tarim Basin, especially in relations with China. Another suggestion that I would point out would be the Khitans, especially in the figure of the Qara Khitai, since they inhabited the same spaces in their final migration. Both the Uyghur and the Khitans would be a good option as a challenge for the Chinese, Turkish and Mongol conquest, relegating the Sogdians to Antiquity and the Dark Ages.

Proposal for New Civ: Uyghur Khaganate
    Leader: Bayanchur Qaghan
    Starting Religion: Tengrism or Manicheism (it can be represented by zoroastrism).
    Spawn: 657AD (the last sogdians Kingdom fell in 673-751 AD, this date is the date of the split betwen uyghurs and Turks at a battle wich the Uyghurs defected to the Tang) in Ötuken or Karabalghasun.
    UP: Uyghur Alphabet: double production of library and universities and dont recieve penalites by change your capital in a region wich is not your core province.

UU: Uyghur-Sogdian Diplomat: replaces a spy, when put in a city wich have open borders treaty with you, the cits owner recieves a boost relations with you and +1 research, and you recieve a small amount of gold (like a friendly pirate), maximum 1 unit per city.
    UB: Translation House: a library wich gives +1 happiness with each religion in this city and give +1 trade routes. The Uyghurs inherited the Sogdian tradition of translating vast religious works and commercial treaties throughout Transoxiana and the Tarim Basin.

UHV1: The Ashina Clan must die- Take 3 Turkish cities, one of them must be their capital. OR Raze a Turkish capital. The uyghurs destroyed the second göktürk khaganate and take their capital.
    UHV2: Together with An Lushan or the Tang Empire - Capture a Chinese Capital, and make it your capital and control another 3 cities or have friendly relations and ensure 1 silk and 1000 gold by tributes with China by 1209AD.
    UHV3: Successor uyghurs kingdoms. - Control and spread your state religion to all Transoxiana, Tarim base and Gansu province and esure control 3 Cathedrals type building of any kind in 1100AD.

Proposal for New Civ: Great Liao/ Khitan khaganate.
    Leader: Abaoji
    Starting Religion: Tengrism.
    Spawn: 916 AD in inner Mongolia.
    UP: Great Liao heirs: Start with meritocracy and +2 stability by each controled chinese cities.

UU: Khitan riders: replace Horse archer, start with city raider III and mobility.
    UB: Five circuits: courthouse, avaliable with Education, gives +1 Happiness and -50% maintenance.

UHV1: The Great Liao- Control Mongolia, Manchuria, Tarim base ,Transoxiana, Korea and build 5 courthouse in 1000 AD.
    UHV2: The tales of Cathay- Control all China, build a capital in the former Chinses empire and be the wealthiest nation in world in 1100
    UHV3: The Qara Khitai - Ensure there no turks in Transoxiana and Iran and build 2 buddhist Chaitya and 2 Orthodoxy Cathedral in there by 1125AD

Crimean Lord, The 13th Earl and 1SDAN like this.
  13. soul-breathing

soul-breathing King

There're only 22 turns between 916-1125, too short for UHV.

14. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

PR with scrollable scoreboard is up.

15. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Merged! Thank you so much for this, it's a massive help!

16. phoenixfire7

phoenixfire7 Chieftain

Not trying to say the Mixtec/Zapotec should be added, but they didn't really coexist with the olmecs so it wouldn't really matter if they replaced the AI Olmecs and if human player is Olmecs there could be a conditional spawn to not add them in. Either way, not say they need to be added just that they could.

Mr.Kwast and 1SDAN like this.
  17. TJDowling

TJDowling King

I really feel like Mesoamerica is like Mesopotamia in that adding any further Civs would be a big map thing if at all. It's crazy crowded already. Olmecs are cool but there's just no space when you account for Teotihuacan, Olmec and Maya possibly coexisting. Same goes for Aztec, Mixtec and Maya I think.

18. Steb

Steb King

Yeah. However, the Olmecs are supposed to collapse around the time of the Maya spawn, so their presence shouldn't matter too much in most games. In fact, usually, only one of [Olmecs, Teotihuacan, Aztecs] should exist at any one time, so usually you only get the Maya plus one other civ. I'm not sure that the Olmecs do collapse early enough, though.

The independent Zapotec city of Danibaan should appear soon after the Olmec collapse. It would be possible in theory to make them a real civ, but I don't think it's worth it. For one thing, I don't think they provide sufficient content. For another, it would mean 3 civs coexisting in most games, which I agree is too much.

Krieger-FS, TJDowling and 1SDAN like this.
  19. PacoPaco

PacoPaco Chieftain

Hi Bro,

Trying to reinstall the mod after getting a new PC and find that I can't remember how I did it. Do I need to download the files and name the file RFC Dawn of Civilization? That results in a crash for me? Thanks for your help!

1SDAN likes this.
  20. Sarius1997

Sarius1997 Warlord

You need to download the zip, unzip the file and then rename the folder "RFC Dawn of CIvilization".

PacoPaco and 1SDAN like this.