Civilizations Reborn

...did I really forget to push the update? Oof.

That last update? Yeah it's actually released now. My bad.

I really love this mod but had a question - are the Mamluks and Sweden conditional spawns like Byzantium or do they appear every game? Was going to play a viking game and wanted to know if I should expect my Swedish holdings to secede.

Thanks,

I really love this mod but had a question - are the Mamluks and Sweden conditional spawns like Byzantium or do they appear every game? Was going to play a viking game and wanted to know if I should expect my Swedish holdings to secede.

Thanks,
Mamluks only spawn if Egypt is dead, Sweden appears every game.

I kinda hope for a varietas delectat included with this.
From what I understand of how it works, including it would massively increase the amount of work it takes for every Civilization I add. I'm sorry but I don't plan on including varietas delectat for that very reason. DCR is open source just like DOC and RFC, so feel free to fork it and make your own version with varietas delectat included.

From what I understand of how it works, including it would massively increase the amount of work it takes for every Civilization I add. I'm sorry but I don't plan on including varietas delectat for that very reason. DCR is open source just like DOC and RFC, so feel free to fork it and make your own version with varietas delectat included.
I'm not good at modding.

I see this more as an UU feature than Scythian UP.

Perhaps the UP could be something about the distinct and non-traditional gender roles (like in warfare) in Scythian society? I'm not sure about the effect, though.
Doubled Production of Military Units?

Yet another iterative update to get the Yuezhi up to standards

Removed Yuezhi UP Food
Yuezhi UP now also halves Religious Disunity instability
Changed Dunhuang Horse tile from desert to plains
Dunhuang Horse Tile will lose its Horse and plains in 100 CE
Yuezhi UHV1 pushed forwards to 100 CE and no longer requires a capital, only a city
Yuezhi starts with a Catapult and Asvaka
The Yuezhi spawn triggers the Silk Road resources and route additions

I have tested and can confirm that the first UHV is now possible, including in situations where the Persians have conquered Samarkand.
I'm eager to try again. The Kushan are the civ I never knew I wanted to play and I'm stoked to see how it goes.

What's the point of the cow in South Sudan? It's on a marsh and I'm pretty sure it never lets you build a pasture on it unless there's something I'm missing?

Probably just needs one line of code, but it seems for the Chimu the great artist settlement has to be Chan Chan (the spawn point), not a capital of your choosing.

Hey, I got a question.

Is Nubia supposed to start with a Militia, or a Medjay? I am realy interested in playing as them and completing the UHV's. For example when picking Nubia from the 3000 BC scenario, they just start with a settler and militia, then obviously the worker once Kerma / or first city is settled.
But for example when playing as another country such as Babylon or Harappa and THEN switching to Nubia when asked, Kerma is already settled AND they have a Medjay as well as the worker.

What I have been doing is starting as Nubia from the game menu, then going into Worldbuilder and just adding the Medjay that way, and just deleting the Militia (that way it's not cheating).

Also, is the first UHV even possible? Without the Medjay I see absolutely no way of building the Pyramids in Kerma, or even any city by the time I research tech to get the Medjay and THEN masonry.
Even with the Medjay, either Babylon or Harappa tends to build the pyramids first.

Any input? Thank you very much.

Hey, I got a question.

Is Nubia supposed to start with a Militia, or a Medjay? I am realy interested in playing as them and completing the UHV's. For example when picking Nubia from the 3000 BC scenario, they just start with a settler and militia, then obviously the worker once Kerma / or first city is settled.
But for example when playing as another country such as Babylon or Harappa and THEN switching to Nubia when asked, Kerma is already settled AND they have a Medjay as well as the worker.

What I have been doing is starting as Nubia from the game menu, then going into Worldbuilder and just adding the Medjay that way, and just deleting the Militia (that way it's not cheating).

Also, is the first UHV even possible? Without the Medjay I see absolutely no way of building the Pyramids in Kerma, or even any city by the time I research tech to get the Medjay and THEN masonry.
Even with the Medjay, either Babylon or Harappa tends to build the pyramids first.

Any input? Thank you very much.
The Nubians' starting unit is indeed working as intended. AI Nubia gets a starting Medjay to prevent human Egypt from easily taking them out.

The first UHV is possible, at least from my experience, though it does require a relentless harassing of egypt and a bit of luck for Babylon and Harappa to not rush the Pyramids.
My preferred strategy is to DoW Egypt and keep my militia near them to trigger the AI to choose military production over Wonders, conquer the second city they found, pivot my capital to building the Pyramids while fueling the war with Egypt with my second city.

I have to say that was really hard finding an UB to the Xiongnu and I'm still unsure about it. They were nomads (even though they built some cities) so we don't have much info about their buildings. The Ger-Tereg (reconstruction in the first image on upper right) are mobile yurts that were used by the Xiongnu. I feel that the UB seems too much similar to the Mongol (named Ger that also replaces Stable) and have to say that I couldn't find a proper art (Realism Invictus has several yurt-like buildings, but none seems really appropriate). CivGold uses one specific kurgan as UB, but again I'm not sure about it, giving that this kind burial mount was more related (and common) between more western nomads (such as Scythians and early Turks
Would this work?
upload_2020-5-26_23-1-58.png

Honestly, these buildings look more subSaharian/Native American huts than Xiongnu tents, which seems to be made of fabrics and furs. Here is another image of a reconstructed ger-tereg.

If we look for alternatives, the wiki article about Mongolian architecture states that the Xiongnu also built cities with logs and their aristocracy lived in small wooden palaces, whose villages were protected by large walls. Then again, this information doesn't help that much in finding a UB.

Anyway, considering that we do not have proper art for it, we can use this option as a quick solution for now.

Honestly, these buildings look more subSaharian/Native American huts than Xiongnu tents, which seems to be made of fabrics and furs. Here is another image of a reconstructed ger-tereg.
The general shape seems about accurate, wooden mobile part aside. I'll overhaul the textures and see what I can do about the model.

Last edited:

If we look for alternatives, the wiki article about Mongolian architecture states that the Xiongnu also built cities with logs and their aristocracy lived in small wooden palaces, whose villages were protected by large walls. Then again, this information doesn't help that much in finding a UB.

Anyway, considering that we do not have proper art for it, we can use this option as a quick solution for now.
Okay, I was sleeping since 1 PM EST but I'm finally back to work.

upload_2020-5-27_22-12-36.png
How's this? I removed the top pointy thing, subdivided and removed the point, and divided the texture into rectangular selections of which I modified the saturation and contrast, applied a blur filter, followed by an oil filter, and finally some HSV Noise to add texture.

I've attached the file if anyone'd like to help. As you may be able to tell from the file names and original shape, it's just the Zulu Ikhanda's main building three times with a tiny number of changes.

Attachments

• Ger-Tereg.zip
    57.9 KB · Views: 53
You could take a look at the 2nd UB of the Mongols in my modcomp. It is the camp from the warlords mod converted to a building.

Top Bottom