CiVUP - CiV Unofficial Patch

I have noticed that the new UP ver 2.3.1 includes....

Temporarily disabled the InfoAddict embedded in Civup until I can ensure it works correctly with the full version.

...so using the full standalone version of IA should be fine...?

Thanks for the update :)

Just downloaded the most recent patches: UP v2.3.1 v.1 & G&K v1.12.1 v.1. Germany no longer starts with 2 warriors. Is this intentional? I had started a game under the previous patch and both were still there. Again thanks for all the hard work. This has really enhanced the game for me.

@rhammer640 & Brandigan:

This is known issue. They are working on finding the culprit. You can read about it on the Bug Tracking Forum.

@wgene:

Try deleting cache and Mod user folder. ALso check to make sure you have the latest versions of GEM and CivUP. Lastly make sure you do not have any duplicate copies of the mod in your mod folder.

If that doesn;t work try posting on the bug tracking Forum.

I did all that but i am still having the problem. The CIV unnofical patch version i am using is 2.3 and GK Enhanced is 1.12

Hi, I have a request.

There are a lot of really well done custom civs available (tomatekh, tyresto, etc.) that aren't fully compatible with CivUP and G&K Enhanced. The reason being is that they also edit the Civlopedia and CityView Lua screens in order to make fake buildings they use for traits invisible in both screens.

Would it be possible to include these code changes in your versions of the files (if it doesn't interfere with anything) so that way I could use the custom civs with your mods (just deleting the custom civ mod versions of the Civlopedia and CityView lua files in the mod folder).

Hello,

Pretty new to Civ and I'm trying out just the unofficial patch for now, really liking the interface changes! Have a few questions related to the tooltips though...

1. What does the "No Basic Toolitp Help" option do if you turn it on in the options? I tried it and did not notice any difference with the option on. For example I still see the +4 happiness info when hovering over a resource icon whether the option is on or not. Does this option break the mod's tooltip functionality in any way if it's enabled?

2. Is there a way to get the terrain/unit tooltips to always show above the minimap instead of where my cursor is? Maybe some lua lines to edit so I can sticky it to that certain spot?

OK, well I now see what the basic tooltip option does, still wondering if there is a way to move the tooltip though.

The CIV unofficial patch version i am using is 2.3 and is working however the GK Enhanced 1.12 isn't working.

@wgene

Should be 2.32 and 1.122 as of last night yes?

How is it not working? Not loading at all? Or the production screen error you posted before?

What version # is the default game running? Mac or PC?

And do you have a lua log file? (post in bug thread if so)

I am a big fan of your modding abilities and used the enhancement mods pre-addon.
I like to play G&K with unaltered play, so I installed the "Civ V Unofficial Patch".
The Unofficial Patch seems to be more of a stripped version of the enhancement mod.
There were many altered gameplay changes that occured to me.
Is there a way to get perhaps a slimmer version of this Unofficial Patch with UI changes only?
The most important stuff for me is the improved display of information from the city (I love the mouseover!) and the diplomacy menu for trading.
So here is a list of things that, in my opinion, shouldnt be in this patch:
- alliances instead of declaration of friendship
- my legion can build roads
- no option to puppet, raze or annex a conquered city (they fixed the bug in the original game)
- annexed cities and happiness... it is bugged somehow

With the last two points it means I can't continue to play with this mod :(
The link to the features page in the mods folder doesnt work.
Actually I can't find any description of the features anywhere.

Hi, I'm using Civ 5 Unofficial patch 2.3.2 and i encounter the same issue with this post.

- no option to puppet, raze or annex a conquered city (auto-annex)

When i play normal game, i didn't encounter this issue. I also have problem with typing stuff in this mod. I can use numpad only and it didn't override the highlighted word. I have to use backspace to remove the figures and type with numpad only.

I like this mod UI but the bug especially the no-puppet option is ruin it. Hope you could fix this.

@wgene

Should be 2.32 and 1.122 as of last night yes?

How is it not working? Not loading at all? Or the production screen error you posted before?

What version # is the default game running? Mac or PC?

And do you have a lua log file? (post in bug thread if so)

The new patch fixed the problem. Thanks

@Xink
Yes, the standalone version of infoaddict should work now. :)

@rltmd317
The Huns now have the "early horde" theme. I plan to do more work on Germany in the near future.

@turingmachine
Buildings set with IsVisible=0 or ShowInPedia=0 hide from the city view and civilopedia (respectively). Could you link to the mods you're looking at?

@2ndHouse
The map tooltip code was designed poorly. The cursor tooltip uses completely different code from what might show above the minimap. There's no easy way to anchor the tooltip to specific areas of the screen. Still, I'll see what I can do, when I have time. :)

@kimono38
It sounds like the annexation problem is a bug in the unmodded game introduced in the November patch?

Buildings set with IsVisible=0 or ShowInPedia=0 hide from the city view and civilopedia (respectively). Could you link to the mods you're looking at?

The civilizations are Tomatekh's New Civilizations - posted here.

I actually made a couple of them compatible and wrote a subject on it on page 6 of the above mentioned thread.

I am however having some problems with getting ShowInPedia to work for buildings as posted here.

\Skodkim

Apologies if I've missed this but where can I find a readme for Civup which lists every single one of the changes that it makes to Civ? The OP doesn't appear to have it and the feature list on the Communitas wiki seems to be just a summary.

Thanks in advance.

I enabled the 3 ring city limit in the options file to try it out. Unfortunately it displays every time a new unit is selected. Is there anyway you could make it only display when a settler is selected?

Apologies if I've missed this but where can I find a readme for Civup which lists every single one of the changes that it makes to Civ? The OP doesn't appear to have it and the feature list on the Communitas wiki seems to be just a summary.

Thanks in advance.

I have beeen thinking that we as a community should start a thread to begin listing all the changes. The list is actually pretty enormous at this point when you think of every change.

I've been tracking changes in GEM, which happened piecemeal and over time and allowed each to be digested and debated.

Civup has changes from before I started tracking, years of debate and implementation and also makes a lot of code-based changes to the interface that are easier to just summarize than to describe technically in list form. But I agree we could do with a list to know what has been done already and what could be still on the horizon.

The wiki is the best place to collaborate on information.

If you want more detail than it provides, check out the spreadsheets in the mod folder. The spreadsheet has 64 tabs of information. For example, if you want to learn how every unit compares to every other unit in VEM, GEM, and G&K, it's all on the UnitFormula, UnitRoles, and Units tabs. I believe it would be impractical to keep this much information up to date at a secondary source. Changing one number in a formula can change the stats of dozens of units. This is why I prefer to stick with general summaries of information on the wiki. :)

Hi! I'm having a problem with the Unofficial Patch v2.3.2 (GK), when its activated (even by itself with no other mods), I cant see the Yield value of terrain in a city in the second "ring" around it... Any ways around it? Thanks!

Welcom to the Forums UncleGeorge! :goodjob:

You should be able to try a whole lot of things here.

That is a link to the Bug Tracking Forum.

Good Luck!

Top Bottom