CiVUP - CiV Unofficial Patch

Downloaded and installed Vem_v.166 and I'm very disapointed how buggy it is. How is it possible, there are more bugs than in prev versions? :confused: Roads missing on tiles, though made, units not shown on a map after charriot attack, view not jumping to units that still need to move (mostly workers), oh and I have to manualy select any mods even when I want to load a game. And yes, I did the common check list. What gives?

Yes, I said v.166, the last one before G&K expansion.

I'm using VEM, and I can not seem to queue up Techs on the tech tree any more using the Shift key. If I turn off the mod, I can do it just fine. The only other mods I use are InfoAddict and RED, and both are up to date. Is this normal behaviour?

Yep. I've uninstalled steam and Civ5 and deleted my entire Civ5 directory from Documents\MyGames. VEM is the ONLY mod installed, and I've got steam in offline mode now, and I am still getting this behaviour. Are there any logs I can send you guys so you can diagnose this and patch it? I had this problem in a previous release of this mod in June and logged in today to see if it had been fixed. Kind of a bummer, cause I'd like to use the mod.

Hi there,

I have installed this mod and it seems that a bunch of info is now missing from the civilopedia.
Anyone knows why this is happening? Other than that it seems to run fine.
I have no other mods running.

Thanks.

I'm not sure when this started. (Hopefully it han't been a part of the mod for a year and I just noticed now). :blush:

But just upgraded to the newest version and noticed the little Orange ring that tells you which hexes are being worked without entering the city screen.

I love that!

greetings

i try to enable civup but the technology tree is not working. It only shows agriculture and i cannot proceed. I checked the faq list and did everything. I tried with civup being the only mod and still no change.

(when i also load gem excpet from the tech problem the units have all promotions)
I use a mac. Does anybody else experiences the same problem?
thanks

yes i use 2_1_2

update: i found version 2.0.51 on another thread and seems to work fine, so the problem is with 2.1.2. But even with 2.0.51 when gem enabled, units have all promotions, and fog in not removed

this is from database.log
[23790.242] constraint failed
[23790.243] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[23795.621] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[23795.623] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[23795.623] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[23796.854] Invalid Reference on Leader_MinorCivApproachBiases.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[23796.855] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[23796.856] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[23797.873] Failed Validation.
[23798.859]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 453748 19043836
PageCache: 4333 4982
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 0 16340232
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 65536
PageCache: 1160
Scratch: 6640

Prepared Statements:
Current: 10
------------------------------

I am a big fan of your modding abilities and used the enhancement mods pre-addon.
I like to play G&K with unaltered play, so I installed the "Civ V Unofficial Patch".
The Unofficial Patch seems to be more of a stripped version of the enhancement mod.
There were many altered gameplay changes that occured to me.
Is there a way to get perhaps a slimmer version of this Unofficial Patch with UI changes only?
The most important stuff for me is the improved display of information from the city (I love the mouseover!) and the diplomacy menu for trading.
So here is a list of things that, in my opinion, shouldnt be in this patch:
- alliances instead of declaration of friendship
- my legion can build roads
- no option to puppet, raze or annex a conquered city (they fixed the bug in the original game)
- annexed cities and happiness... it is bugged somehow

With the last two points it means I can't continue to play with this mod :(
The link to the features page in the mods folder doesnt work.
Actually I can't find any description of the features anywhere.

Does anybody know which file to delete/change that will prevent the name changes to units and building? I love CivUP, but I prefer my Cavalry, Workshops, and Forges to not be called Dragoons, Foundries, and Blast Furnaces.

greetings

i try to enable civup but the technology tree is not working. It only shows agriculture and i cannot proceed. I checked the faq list and did everything. I tried with civup being the only mod and still no change.

(when i also load gem excpet from the tech problem the units have all promotions)
I use a mac. Does anybody else experiences the same problem?
thanks

I like most of CivUP, but a couple things I didn’t care for. So I recently tried to download the individual mods that CivUP is comprised of. I noticed that some of the mods were giving me interesting glitches. One caused me to have Agriculture, but the rest of the tech tree was locked (red). Another made every CS visible through the fog of war. And yet another made me unable to see the unit actions bar on the left side of the screen (fortify, attack, etc.). So maybe one of the individual mod components in CivUP is causing your tech tree issue.

Top Bottom