Comings, Goings and New Arrivals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CFC system says my last visit was Sep 12, 2002 at 02:51PM. The system also tells me, "... it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks." Uh, yup, you could say that. I may have just put the HI in HIatus. But I'm very glad to see Civ Fanatics is still up and running at all, much less still going strong.

Took me a while to find the current comings/goings thread here (wasn't sure one still existed), which is esp. amusing to me since I started a similar thread "back in the day" (or perhaps "early morning" on that "day") when this was a new idea: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=3199

Just wanted to drop a quick shout out here to the old guard that I actually am still alive, still in relatively good health, still working, and still playing Civ (which is somehow still my favorite). From time to time, I still think of y'all, as evidenced by any return at all.

Since it would take more than anyone wants to read to catch-up on the last 2,810 days, here's the summary ...

Since my last visit, I:
  • got divorced and remarried (I consider it a significant upgrade)
  • moved twice (apts) in the same town, and am about to do so again (house)
  • had a 3rd child 4-months ago, to add to the 13 & 10-yr-olds (all water-births)
  • changed jobs only once, but changed companies twice :) (like, who hasn't experienced that?)
  • have not left the USA, but am about to do so again (visiting wife's family)
  • got 1 cell phone, back when I think there were still "cells" (5 yrs ago), which I still use
  • got cable (watching the 2006 Winter Olympics in a dense apt building on rabbit ears, where there was more snow in the signal than in the content, just wasn't cutting it)
  • built my own PC (that was exciting)
  • received a Wii (from my brother to my kids; but I'm not sending it to the ex's house!)
  • mysteriously got into board games (love BoardGameGeek.com for those who also like to play offline)
  • saw the end of the Harry Potter series :cry: (but celebrated it in costume)
  • discovered "Good Eats", the best education in food a nerd could have (thanks, Alton Brown!)
  • still can't resist the parenthetical expression
  • witnessed and participated in the same world/social/tech history you did in the last 7 years, 8 months, ~11 days (Can you believe browsers have TABS now? Plus, I'm currently diggin' the Pac-Man Google tribute.)
... at least that's the major stuff I can think of.

Anyway, so if you remember when we used to hang here together, or otherwise want to say Hi, feel free to PM me if so inclined so we keep it out of the forums. Unfortunately, I have much less free time than I did when I was very active here, but since my Civ leanings haven't abated after all this time, I'll also try not to disappear for years at a stretch.

Peace, all!
Spiff :scan:

P.S. - There's something about this place that never leaves some of us and we feel drawn back here. It's probably the same thing that keeps CFC going. I truly wonder what that is. Whatever it is, "Good job, TF."

I replaced you since you've been gone:joke: but welcome back anyway:goodjob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom