Completely Dumb Ideas

Judging from the code, that was apparently a planned feature for Civ4 too.

Because Brahms is the best composer (and coincidentally my favorite), I think that all music during the Industrial and Renaissance (since Mozart and Bach are dry and lack emotion and passion) should be replaced with Brahms music.

Brahms IS fantastic. You should check out the There Will Be Blood soundtrack

Because Brahms is the best composer (and coincidentally my favorite), I think that all music during the Industrial and Renaissance (since Mozart and Bach are dry and lack emotion and passion) should be replaced with Brahms music.

But Brahms didn't live in the Renaissance?

Bach > Brahms all the way. Mozart is completely overrated, on the other hand.

But Brahms didn't live in the Renaissance?
19th century.

Okay, Bach was not a terrible composer, he was just born in the wrong era with the wrong conventions. If he had been born during the Romantic Era, then he would have been the best composer ever. I don't like the Baroque Era that much because the instrumentation and phrasing is too dry and emotionless for my tastes.

The ancient Indians used nuclear weapons ! it's proven ! read the Mahabharat people ! Give Ancient Indian independents nukes and have 'em nuke themselves in 2000 BC ! 3:) . That'd be kewwwl :p .

*( just trying to get the 'dumb ideas' in the 'dumb ideas' thread back ;P )

The ancient Indians used nuclear weapons ! it's proven ! read the Mahabharat people ! Give Ancient Indian independents nukes and have 'em nuke themselves in 2000 BC ! 3:) . That'd be kewwwl :p .

*( just trying to get the 'dumb ideas' in the 'dumb ideas' thread back ;P )

We should create civux the new civ-oriented OS. Instead of files it has saves, the browser opens the forum as home page. When you push start you begin a new game.

Okay, Bach was not a terrible composer, he was just born in the wrong era with the wrong conventions. If he had been born during the Romantic Era, then he would have been the best composer ever. I don't like the Baroque Era that much because the instrumentation and phrasing is too dry and emotionless for my tastes.
I'm not a fan of the Baroque either and can't really stand Bach's organ or choir works, but everything he did for the cello is just brilliant, including the pieces in the Civ4 soundtrack.

(Most stuff from the Romantic period is too overindulgent for my tastes.)

"You don't like Beethoven. You don't know what you're missing. Overtures like that get my... juices flowing. So powerful. But after his openings, to be honest, he does tend to get a little freaking boring. That's why I stopped! "

I was playing Starcraft and I thought why not make a Blizzard tribute, throwing WarCraft and StarCraft bad guys into DoC?

It would be absolutely fun to play as Britain and you have to defend India from a zerg rush (the zerg part is literal), orcs on the main land, protoss on Australia and the Undead at Canada. They should spawn at 1991, the date Blizzard was created.

Also Leoreth should make an April Fools update (I'm serious with this one)

Top Bottom