Conquests improved - big C3C mod

killbot

Chieftain
New forum location:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=2792686#post2792686

Here's the first beta of Killbot's Trials of Civilization mod for Civ 3 Conquests

http://www.3ddownloads.com/civfanatics/civ3/modpacks/C3C_Improved.zip

Here's the scenario description:

Expands government, adds many units, wonders, improvements, and resources. Byzantines, Spain, Portugal, and Sumer are removed, Mali, Iberia, Thailand, and Assyria are added. Units and improvements cost half as much, but upkeep is doubled. Wealth is twice as effective. AI gets a smaller bonus. Thanks to: GIDustin, for a lot of animations, the RaR team, for tea, wool, Thailand, the use of a minor tribe as a resource, Refrigeration tech, and the Clipper anim, and the Ancient Med team, for the Elven spearman anim and Assyria.

Some of the more unique features are holy armies which add culture, slaves, barbarian mercenaries, guerillas with hidden nationalities, and general re-balance of the game.

I've got one big problem. I can't get the resource.pcx file to work correctly. Whenever I convert the file, add stuff, and convert it back, the pink unit background always shows up on the map. This didn't happen when I made earlier changes, though. What gives?

Yeah. I tried another program (Irfanview) which used to work, and now it makes black squares.
If anybody's interested in helping with artwork and the civilopedia, just tell me. I've focused more on the mechanics of it, so a lot of things don't have icons, civ entries, places on the tech tree, and Ankgor Wat makes the medieval tech tree cause an error.
If I get around to it, I'll post the exact things I've done, but for now the .biq can do that.
If anyone has any ideas about what to add, feel free to give advice.

Does the lack of pediaicons make the .biq impossible to read? Cause it's just there to show what the mod has.

the mod won't run with out the Pediaicon and all we get if the stuff is not in there is missing file/so and so\ pediaicons then the game shuts down.

Use this instead:

Armies made through combat are Great Armies - stealth attack and other bonuses

Minor tribes can sometimes appear when you clear a village. These guys are a resource that allows you to build combat units (barbarian cavalry, camelback cavalry), slaves (workers without a population unit), and guides (scouts).

Missionaries are 1.1.1 units that can stealth attack laborers and settlers, making other missionaries. These new missionaries can then be sacrificed.

Leaders can only come about through science ages. There are several varieties, though:
Leader - make great army, finish improvement
Prophet - make great army, finish improvement, act as an invisible missionary
Holy Army - great army that makes convert missionaries

Leaders can finish normal improvements, but they can also finish Leader improvements, which are too expensive to make normally. These include:
Economic Leader - +5% interest on gold
Political Leader - second capitol
Military Leader - can train armies
Religious Leader - 16 culture, allows construction of Holy City (4 culture, money, tourism)
Production Leader - adds to production in a city
Science Leader - two free advances

Insurgency improvement hurts happiness and culture, but produces Rebel Guerillas, who have a hidden nationality

Government, not religious, improvements create culture. A nation's influence comes more from its government, and when one naiton conquers another, the conquered nation loses its governmental, not religious, institutions. Wonders and other things create culture as well.

Happiness comes more from improvements than from luxuries because the Marketplace no longer gives a luxury bonus.

Government types include dictatorship, republic, and monarchy (excluding starting govs). Government modifiers include absolute, limited, feudal, theocratic, fundamentalist, communist, fascist and democratic.

More steps between units (Spearman - Phalanx - Garrison - Pikeman, for example)

As time progresses, old resources stop being as vital. Just like you stopped needing saltpeter by the industrial age, you stop needing iron by medieval times and rubber by modern times.

I think that's the better stuff. I'll post something if I remember it.

killbot This really sounds good. The only missing thing is an "epic" title for the mod-)

kevin2350 said:
have encountered two problems in a great mod. Assyria still comes up as Sumeria and worse, I get disease in any city built on grassland.

The grassland disease problem can be fixed in the CivIII Editor under the terrain rules. The Sumerian problem can also be fixed in the same way, if you know which city and hero names to use...

Also, the art for the Champion unit seems to be missing, and when I first build a city I get the option to build a leader in 1 turn. If I do, the a message pops up saying the file AncientLeader.ini is missing and the game will exit.

I've fixed a lot of that stuff. I thought it had been abandoned, but I'll post the new biq

Top Bottom