Coronavirus 2: the Flattening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reality surpasses itself in its surreality and a local equivalent of the Fox/conservative think-tank in Argentina says that the government here should use the crisis to make the country a new Venezuela, censor the press and arrest politicians who're not from the ruling party, with trumped-up charges if need be.

No, it's not a joke, here's a transcript: https://www.clarin.com/fama/pedido-...s-venezuela-venezuela-ahora-_0_U9HCW_n4i.html

Y'know, I did get called ‘hysterical’ for saying this was about ‘death’ and ‘killing people’ a few months ago…

the sadder thing is of course they have set 100 000 as the lowest threshold for success and it is 350 or 360 globally and no one yet knows what will happen in Brazil either .

Down to 8 active cases and 0 new cases again.

One more death from a 94 yo women. Technically she recovered but died from Covid related complications so they counted her. Takes the death toll to 22.

Current mortality trends.
I included couple of Eastern European countries (Poland, Romania) and Brazil.
Lots of new cases in South America recently.

Untitled.png

Sweden got 600+ cases today, same as yesterday. Yesterday currently is the first 0-death day, but that will most likely change as reporting catch up.

It was in the news yesterday that in Denmark anyone can get tested, even without having any symptoms. That's pretty awesome :).

It was in the news yesterday that in Denmark anyone can get tested, even without having any symptoms. That's pretty awesome :).

I don't think this is actually a good idea - the primary reasons for an asymptomatic individual to request a test is a misunderstanding of what a test will tell them and in what way the result is actionable.

Current mortality trends.
I included couple of Eastern European countries (Poland, Romania) and Brazil.
Lots of new cases in South America recently.

View attachment 557686

Only real surprise there is it took so long. Ecudor was bad weeks ago but Brazil took longer than I thought.

Moscow "easing" restrictions from June 1-st. Now people are allowed to walk in local area in specified hours.
But only in mask, which defeats all purpose and in fact turns easing into strengthening :rolleyes:

No new cases in the ACT for 25 days now and that was a weird one - a low level positive in a previously infected overseas returnee, who had quarantined for 14 days already. She also had another virus, ie the symptoms were likely from the other virus but residual covid load remained too. It's been 33 since the last case before that, and it's been a week or two since there were any active cases left.

I think Victoria was the only state with any local infected cases today, the rest was half a dozen infected workers on a sheep export vessel who are being isolated and treated in Perth.

It's been rough..

2 meters are at least somewhat safer than 6 feet.

Whenever President Trump shows up on the TV, the background music should be "Star Wars: Imperial March" after the total U.S. Covid death toll surpasses 100,000.

government yesterday announced further easing of restrictions. by this weekend crowds of up to 30 will be allowed again outside, by june 8 clubs, swimming pools and all kinds of touristy stuff will be able to open again and by june 19 the state of emergency will be lifted which will transfer many powers back to parliament.

So far new cases are stable on a low level - around 10-20 new infections per day.

"Second wave" anyone ? They should name drinks like that - so .... early 2020 ! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom