Coronavirus, now treatable with ForXthia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that riots mostly happen in countries where the citizens have been used to enjoy a high quality of life.
At least in Childhood's End you could choose to relocate to an island and do whatever. Then again, it was a fake utopia, not a real dystopia like this.

Nope, reporting of riots mostly happen in countries where the citizens have been used to enjoy a high quality of life.

I reckon that they happen a lot in most places, but may not be reported on because they are so common, the reporters would get shot or western media is not interested.

Nope, reporting of riots mostly happen in countries where the citizens have been used to enjoy a high quality of life.

I reckon that they happen a lot in most places, but may not be reported on because they are so common, the reporters would get shot or western media is not interested.

I didn't mean third world countries. It seems that riots about covid measures are rare in the 2nd world, and this clearly isn't due to something positive.

If there isn't enough vaccine there to vaccinate the willing,
the government is less likely to mandate it on the unwilling.

If a country has 60% fully vaccinated (the two jabs)
If that country wants to achieve 90% fully vaccinated (with the two jabs)
If the 40% are unwilling (like Israel)
The two jabs for that needed 30% equate to one booster jab for the 60%.

It's not due to lack of vaccines, nor lack of mandating it either. There are 2nd world countries in the Eu, I know from experience.

We have in the EU indeed more than enough vaccines for two jabs for everybody in the EU.
That was secured more than a year ago, although the delivery performance was not optimal at the start.

And yes we have big differences in the EU.
But EU 2nd world still much much better than South America 2nd world.
And much much better than Turkey enjoying so much secured trade with nearby EU and enjoying the unchained freedom incl its own currency.

In bad weather differences show not so visible in good weather.

It's alarming to me that vaccination is in any way a debate.

My parents are increasingly agitated as they near their booster. They understand their protection has wained and see the sky high numbers. I fear their remaining years will be spent as hermits, hiding from a invisible killer.

I have seen them once in nearly two years as a result. They dare not visit me.

What should alarm you is that vaccination as the solution to the pandemic was implemented without any debate.

It's failing. As you see for yourself, your fathers remain worried and segregated. People continue to catch covid. And looking at the statistics from countries with more complete numbers, I maintain my assessment that the vaccines when while they have an effect cannot cut morbidity enough to enable return to "normal life". The reimposition of restrictions even in the "very vaccinated countries" shows that. Look at how the situation is going in Ireland. The Iberian Peninsula will be an example soon, it's already rising past the "expert previsions" here.

A friend of mine also caught covid, after being fully vaccinated for a while. He doesn't feel much (yet), besides the loss of smell and taste.
He caught it at his Kizomba class (well, that makes sense; any way to get closer to someone would be a direct fluid exchange :lol:).
So then all the positive-tested from the class decided to have a separate class.
What the heck :gripe:.
Apparently couldn't go through with that, since the girls were somewhat exhausted. You don't say? Probably a sign of a lung disease, maybe, possible, at any chance?
At least this is the friend whom I'd trust the least to have common sense :lol: :wallbash:.

And what else could you expect after one year of lying to people about how the miraculous vaccine would 95% protect then?

If a country has 60% fully vaccinated (the two jabs)
If that country wants to achieve 90% fully vaccinated (with the two jabs)
If the 40% are unwilling (like Israel)
The two jabs for that needed 30% equate to one booster jab for the 60%.

Several countries have 90+% vaccination already. The epidemic is still getting out of control there.
What's the new excuse? The babies haven't been vaccinated yet? Those nefarious babies running around spreading covid?

What should alarm you is that vaccination as the solution to the pandemic was implemented without any debate.

It's failing. As you see for yourself, your fathers remain worried and segregated. People continue to catch covid. And looking at the statistics from countries with more complete numbers, I maintain my assessment that the vaccines when while they have an effect cannot cut morbidity enough to enable return to "normal life". The reimposition of restrictions even in the "very vaccinated countries" shows that. Look at how the situation is going in Ireland. The Iberian Peninsula will be an example soon, it's already rising past the "expert previsions" here.

Do you have an alternative solution?

Several countries have 90+% vaccination already. The epidemic is still getting out of control there.
What's the new excuse? The babies haven't been vaccinated yet? Those nefarious babies running around spreading covid?

Perhaps the triple 60% + natural infection of the unwilling (and very young) has more herd protection than the double 90% ?

With all the differing approaches of governments/institutions and all the differing decisions of citizens we have between countries, regions, population groups a massive test.

I suggest we keep an open eye for what we can learn from that and not close the portholes for observations not fitting existing opinions.

(...) I maintain my assessment that the vaccines when while they have an effect cannot cut morbidity enough to enable return to "normal life". The reimposition of restrictions even in the "very vaccinated countries" shows that. Look at how the situation is going in Ireland. The Iberian Peninsula will be an example soon, it's already rising past the "expert previsions" here.

The assessment was that it would take at least 2 years to return to a somewhat "normal life" - at least one more winter to go :)

That beings said - life is (and has been) pretty "normal" here, we're not confined to our homes, nor prevented from going anywhere.

Unlike China for example :D

Did anybody take note of where the bullets landed?

Not yet from formal sources.

The populist social media claimed that people were killed
ofc
but that faded away after a day or so
ofc

Do you mean at protests or always in any situation ?
I cannot think of a situation where it is appropriate for police to fire warning shots.

My hypothetical heart surgeon who may or may not be working in USA took the Hippocratic Oath. Do they lose the right to perform an incredibly highly skilled and in demand operation because of their vaccine status? This isn't something to be fussy over.

How is it following the Hippocratic Oath to give a vulnerable heart patient a deadly disease, that they will likely die of, AND waste a valuable and precious donor heart?

Exactly, what is the warning?

"We really mean to uphold The Law!"

Last edited:
I cannot think of a situation where it is appropriate for police to fire warning shots.

You mean when police fire, it should be aimed ?... or the police should not shoot at all ?

What were they firing: rubber/plastic bullets OR nickel/steel?

No explicit statement in the newsmedia on the nature of the bullets. My guess is real bullets, but even there there is still a lot of choice.
However because the police deployed at the protests was the normal uniform police "de platte pet" (no riot police of any grade) because a normal crazie protest was expected, and the mayor did choose for a de-escalating move... I guess again the standard bullets from the standard pistols of ordinary police officers.

I just wait for the formal official statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom