Coronavirus. The n(in)th sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We definitely need words better than 'antivax'.

The antivax crowd was worried about ADE, spike proteins in the plasma, vaccinating during a pandemic selecting for variants, vaccines causing undisclosed disease. Then there's the more extreme crowd that was talking about spike protein shedding, 5G signals invading your lipids, and it being a gene therapy. There's the crowd with legitimate concerns that actually just don't know the research and then there's the nutbar crowd.

I wouldn't put the suspicion (the study isn't peer-reviewed yet, iirc) that natural infection compares to vaccination when it comes to future infections as 'antivax'. It's a piece of science that then has sociological implications.

Last edited:
@El_Machinae you get the next thread,right?

Of course it's not indefinitely. Contrary to what is happening now, an eradication strategy would have ended the pandemic.
[...]
Consider vaccines. We know they cannot end the pandemic, not the ones currently in use anyway.

No disease has been eradicated without vaccines. In fact, the only ones which have been eradicated are due to vaccines.
Suggesting a different way is somewhere between science-fiction and fantasy.

I wouldn't put the suspicion (the study isn't peer-reviewed yet, iirc) that natural infection compares to vaccination when it comes to future infections as 'antivax'. It's a piece of science that then has sociological implications.
If you think that's what's happening here, I'd suggest that's an uncharitable interpretation.

I was thinking it was on the 1000th reply, which would not be me. I’ll let El post the new one.

Oh, sorry! I built a new one! I wasn't watching the letter of the rules.

I was just following orders!

And I'm sticking to my Nuremberg defense.

Well, since amadeus had already let more than 24 hours elapse then the maker of the 999th post (not reply), who is you, gets the right anyway. Just drop us a linky.

Well, since amadeus had already let more than 24 hours elapse then the maker of the 999th post (not reply), who is you, gets the right anyway. Just drop us a linky.
Generally curious if it is a rule or a tradition?

Moderator Action: Mostly a tradition that gets harder and harder to stop. Birdjaguar

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator Action: Thread closed.

New thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom