1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. Toteetaller

Toteetaller Chieftain

I was really enjoying the game with this awesome mod but encountered a total game breaking bug with it two times in the same game at different times but with the same trigger..

I began a game with Gilgamesh. After quite many turns (had 4 or 5 cities), the construction panel to the right just stopped showing up in one city. All the panels were visible except the Construction panel which simply did not appear (so impossible to change construction etc.)

Other cities were still showing everything working.
    Reload did not do anything.

I suppose a parameter was not changed somewhere but this totally broke my game which is never nice considering the time investment.

I reloaded a way earlier save, followed a different construction path and it happened again.
    Both times the city construction panel disappeared after I finished a Temple in the holy district in the bugged city.

Also the construction queue is not working as pointed before. At the moment it would be better to remove it. As it is now, it adds mandatory clicks to the interface.

Is there any way to use a simpler (no construction queue, no fancy bug prone function) version of the mod by removing some elements of it for better compatibility ?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Alright.. seemed to me like this whole combo-mod was getting much more stable (and features filled!) with the latest nightly & compatibility fixes for the "Fall-Patch".. of course, V0.7 will most probably offer more optimal assets & components -- so it made sense to finally jump in the band-wagon and install it for some quick testing purposes;

-- BTS had a newest version over the week-end, but had troubles with a LOC context.. so i'll use your fork instead -- for now!

-- I gather the Production Queue isn't entirely functional yet since my choices aren't auto-pushed to the cycle(s). Every time, i must reset any given Queues & reselect the intended project(s).. Which defeats the purposes, right? Unofficial version or not, development kinks only.

(( EDIT : After playing a bit further.. it feels like the Queue is working as intended.. we just need to "click-away" the previously-finished-project for the cycle to pickup the next. Counter-intuitive somewhat. ))

-- Suggested Worker Tiles mode should be exposed to options somehow. As simply deleting two (rem) lines in the LUA as recommended isn't my idea of an "efficient" User principle. Do your best.

-- Try linking the Tech/Civic Popups methods to the cQui main options as a proper toggle. Personnally, i don't mind seeing these popups (as they offer unlocked hints via tooltips at the exact moment we might want to learn or be reminded about those).. but, not if a secondary set of "colored bars" is deploying simultaneously right above them. Audio cut-off option is a good idea, nonetheless.

-- The tiny green values ON the top-left-of-city-banner are cluttering the HUD and can certainly blend with the diverse coloring schemas of Civs. I feel a good enough solution for this would be (if possible) to just insert them directly into the city-center-tile ToolTip in a similar way to that mockup (most likely right underneath the current separator Line & above the City-Center string)...

-- The Citizens "bubbles" were also altered (semi-transparent for worked tiles & made smaller if inactive) too much for me. I think the old system was perfectly fine as is.

Good solid work, so far. :)

PS; I've started looking into the "Score-Victory-Stats custom row(s)" stuff.. to determine where the XML switch(es) need to be applied for direct combo-strings.. but, LUA doesn't seem to want to collaborate with my efforts. Anyhow.. as stated by our GitHub Issue #53 -- it can always wait for later. Yet -- i still *DO* have a scratching urge to finally experience that sort of friendly device ingame. You're most welcome to join the coding quest for it too!

;)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  3. jadel

jadel Warlord

Just to confirm, you only have this mod installed, no others?

You started the game with the same mod version installed?

You started the game after the fall patch?

4. mnf

mnf King

Regarding the city governor focus buttons, how about changing it so that:
    1. Left mouse click: if not ON, then ON; else OFF (empty).
    2. Right mouse click: if not Prohibited, then Prohibited; else OFF (empty).
    So LMB will always turn a focus item ON or OFF, and RMB will always turn a focus item to Prohibited or OFF.

I'm kinda tired of always having to go through the Prohibited state when I want to turn off a focus. :(

PS: Is it possible to show the random seeds after starting the game turns?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  5. hermes11

hermes11 Chieftain

I was thinking about this the other day, another option might be to have LMB go forward one state (the same behavior as now) and have RMB go backward one state.

6. Toteetaller

Toteetaller Chieftain

Sorry wanted to precise what you asked actually but was on another computer.

Yes, only this mod is installed.

Yes.

Yes.

Also, the lower right panel was bumped as if the construction panel had appeared but was invisible.
    I played another game since and did not reproduce the issue.

Another thing besides the construction queue not working:
    The 2 options to repeat a trade route appear after a while as the variables themselves and not the strings that should be displayed.
    Once that appears it stays for the rest of a game.

7. Toteetaller

Toteetaller Chieftain

Had the disappearing construction bug again today.
    I both revalidated all the files on Steam (as I remembered changing the worldinput.lua upon release) and used the latest Github pull to begin a new game.

Construction queue is now working !
    So update and begin a new game if somebody still is bugged.

Thanks for this mod.
    I wish there could be a big construction panel way oversized that would take one third of the screen with big icons almost like the original ui, but it is just as I play on a big wide screen and no ui scaling is a pain.

8. SubRyan

SubRyan Chieftain

Have you tried copying an earlier version of ProductionPanel.lua over your current one?

9. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

The queue issues have been addressed. If you guys find any others please let me know, because it seems to be working correctly now to the best of my knowledge. As for options, lots of stuff is going to be exposed soon. All of the blockers have finally been cleared out, so it's time to get cracking! There's an aggregate issue for all of the options being added in v0.7 here. Let me know if you guys can think of anything that's not already listed!

As for #53, I know I've been putting it off (for over 50 issues now!). A big part of that is because v0.7 is supposed to mainly focus on streamlining the production panel experience. After that gets out of the door I plan to start focusing on the various minor UIs and start sprucing them up wherever I can, which is 110% going to be including #53.

Awesome, I'm glad it was an easy fix! Let me know if that starts cropping up again and I'll look into it.

10. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but one minor fix is needed...

When you set your Camera Bindings; ie Classic, Standard, or Enhanced it is not persistent. You need to reset the setting to actually work, although the mode appears to be turned on. Re-selecting your chosen mode fixes it.

Very minor, as I said but still. Otherwise everything else seems to be working as intended. :goodjob:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  11. trojan13

trojan13 Chieftain

Thank you for fixing production queue bug!
    I enjoy easier UI with CQUI mod, this weekend.

I wanted to report a minor issue : great people progress needs more spacing.
    Spoiler :

I played in korean but you can see what I mean: once required points greater than 1k, point progress goes under clock icon, hard to see if I am 177 or 277 or 377 etc.
    A little bit more spacing would be appreciated.

12. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@chaorace ..

Gotcha! Better to fuse related concerns like that (#134) than start shuffling around with supplemental features. BETA v0.7 status soon.. congrats!!

@trojan13,

Unless we get out hands on the SDK.. it's too difficult at this point to try whatever kind of "re-calibrations" on that GP panel since it uses a tricky Modal system to display both the wood-background (of triple span, btw) & each individual slot/frames.

I've given some early thought(s) on a possible solution though and i feel the newest turns/count insert would somehow give us further width compression troubles (time values could easily be pushed to the Left Margin on my 228/Framework if the mini-clock symbol is just dropped inside the "* Recruit Progress:" string as an indirect column reference). But, you can still check out the theory mockup here... https://github.com/chaorace/cqui/issues/58

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  13. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Fixed!

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! I'll see about getting that indicator moved somewhere a little less intrusive

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    trojan13 and Daft73 like this.
  14. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

Where can we edit to make the civ heads on teh city screen less see through?? I feel it's just a tad too much and I struggle to see.. Yet I still feel the city banner should be made a little see through, or smaller when in that view

15. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

See commit faa6473b8a2ef7f259829efb4e86063fbb545640

Littlebob86 likes this.
  16. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

Thank you!

17. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Thanks for that "CitizensBubbles-NewTransparency" code-trick .. from me too! :)

18. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

With this, what value is it that I change to make it less transparent?? Some of this looks like changing the size?? I don't mind the size, just a little less see through :)

19. jadel

jadel Warlord

Slider for production panel!!

Yay thanks

chaorace likes this.
  20. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@Littlebob86 ..

Most likely starts near Line #297 in your file.

--------------------------
    --CQUI Citizen buttons tweaks
    if(numUnits >= 1) then
    pInstance.CitizenButton:SetTextureOffsetVal(0, CITIZEN_BUTTON_HEIGHT*4);
    pInstance.CitizenButton:SetSizeVal(64,64);
    pInstance.CitizenButton:SetAlpha(1.00);
    else
    pInstance.CitizenButton:SetTextureOffsetVal(0, 0);
    pInstance.CitizenButton:SetSizeVal(64,64);
    pInstance.CitizenButton:SetAlpha(1.00);
    end
    --------------------------

I've used 1.00 (full) as values but it could probably work if written as 1 only. I also didn't like the custom resizing (large_80 or smaller_48).. so i knocked them both back as exact Vanilla (64,64) since there's much less artifacts on the edge frames. First section is for worked tiles, the other (else) for inactives.

Littlebob86 likes this.