CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. Rapsynrev

Rapsynrev Chieftain

Ok, through a bit of experimentation it seems that if a.) you click a city name to open the panel when b.) the icon in the lower right is NOT the "Next Turn" icon then the production menu messes up. If that happens the info panel (left panel) bugs out and doesn't go away when you exit the city. I also noticed the same issue as mnf above. However, if you access the menu by clicking the city name when the Next Turn icon is up, everything works fine.

2. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

CQUI is not compatible with URS nor Next City Plot mod. The only way to use those mods with CQUI was to integrate them directly into CQUI, which I have done with the permission of the respective owners. You should remove both of those mods from your loadout because they are probably causing a lot of your problems. Remember that you need to start a new game for your mod changes in the additional content menu to apply, because once a game is started the mods are finalized and cannot be adjusted at all. IIRC Historocity++ also conflicts with CQUI

I can't reproduce this in any of my savegames. Please provide yours so I can test further

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  3. Frozen In Ice

Frozen In Ice Emperor

How is progress towards version 0.7 coming along? I am eagerly awaiting more UI goodness from this mod!

4. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

TBH.. they might want to wait for the upcoming Firaxis DLC release (very soon) which will surely come with some patching "attempts" as well.

5. jadel

jadel Warlord

what else do you need?

A few minor bug fixes needed but other than that I cant think of anything else thats missing.

6. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Progress has been slow recently because of holiday chaos and renewing health insurance. It's a lot harder to program without my usual prescriptions lol. Expect a return to the usual flow of commits in the near future.

I have no such plans to wait until another patch before releasing v0.7. It's already overdue and if we get sniped shortly after release I'll hotfix any incompatibilities and put it out in a second release.

There's always more!

mnf likes this.
  7. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Expectedly so.. but, i just wanted to make sure your quality time is also well spent -- between us (the users & participants to development) & the inevitable Firaxis "Interferences" with *THEIR* compatibility hurdles to an otherwise great support by our precious cQui staff! ;)

8. Tipok

Tipok Chieftain

Do you make something for translantion system for another language?

9. TheChanger

TheChanger Warlord

Im not sure if this is intended, but the tile yeild icons appear permanent. i cant seem to disable them even through the CQUI menu

10. TheChanger

TheChanger Warlord

I just noticed another bug: when i load up a game that you previously used the CGUI mod in, the city screen does not load at all.

Otherwise this mod makes managing cities so much easier! Im loving it so far, Thanks!

11. Freezer-TPF-

Freezer-TPF- Chieftain

Does this mod include the latest version of the Unit Report Screen mod (1.61)?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  12. Rapsynrev

Rapsynrev Chieftain

Sorry if I misunderstood about which mods are compatible! I have disabled all other mods for my latest game to experiment. Since this is fairly early on and has no other mods, this should be what you are looking for. Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

13. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

afaik custom LOC support is still broken in the latest patch, which renders localizing the mod a huge pain right now. There's actually a Chinese localization PR ready to merge in, but I won't be doing so until Firaxis fixes that. Apologies for the inconvenience

I'm 99% sure you're dealing with some sort of mod conflict, what mods do you have installed?

Yes

I'll look into this in a bit, thanks for providing the savedata!

14. Rapsynrev

Rapsynrev Chieftain

So... I found a fix. I completely deleted my DLC folder (except for the Aztec DLC) and then redownloaded the most recent nightly and now (at least so far) everything works perfectly (with the minor exception of the GPP per turn obscures the total GPP earned because they are on the same line). Anyway, since I saw other people had a similar issue, that might work for them too!

15. Tipok

Tipok Chieftain

(Sorry for my bad english)
    I understand about bug you speak, but this found only in ingame menu. I am not see custom loc unloading in ingame text, sometimes before i stop translate Test of Time (this is in beta already) with it translation i dont see any drop text in russian when i load or very many reloading savegame. I very many reloading savegame (not game, when this bug is started), becouse i look for english text ingame, going to find where it placed, translate, save edited xml sql files and reload savefame for the all sql and xml are updated and reload too. I do this many tens times without reloading Civ 6 - i am not see bug custom-loc problem in russian chars in new translate text in very many placed.

Yesterday i start translate your mod first for self, but if you say than mod translated to Chinese - it makes no sense. Doubled new custom loc are after can`t be merged, do you can get me link for chinese translate for the new custom_loc for text or merge it on github, i dont think that some will be broken.

16. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Warlord

@Zyxpsilon, I've been trying to find information on when the first DLC might be released without luck, did you see something about a planned release date somewhere? I've got a project I'm working on I'd definitely hold off on if I need a DLC was coming in the next 2-3 weeks.

17. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

AFAIK.. there isn't a clear answer to the DLC/SDK scheduling of late. I suspect Firaxis staff might have come up with some code hurdles that prevents them from distributing an official release yet. Trick with a code of such magnitude -- they are much better off going for solid stability first & (ONLY!) then trigger the post-content cycle(s). Even when 2K puts pressure on streaming valuable assets online.. they still have to realize quality is a priority for most players. UI was somewhat flawed since day-1 along with a few buggy gameplay features.

As for developping our own modding projects.. the essential still is that we (modders) must hold the full SDK to just work on any given rational (or complex) tasks. I fully expected them to issue that Toolset as early as Mid-December -- maximum. This day has now lapsed.. i might even lose interest soon as time goes along. I fear it may take awhile longer for that SDK to finally be offered publicly.

Littlebob86 likes this.
  18. jadel

jadel Warlord

The luxury/bonus icons broken in the new update.

Im sure you know but just in case

19. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Welp, Firaxis hits us with the first paid DLC and still no SDK...

Fixed in latest nightly thanks to the-m4a in PR #181

Daft73 and jadel like this.
  20. Toteetaller

Toteetaller Chieftain

Thank you, I can't be bothered to play the game without your UI mod :o)

chaorace likes this.