1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Current v1.13 Development Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

Okay, in that case I also have no idea what controls this behavior.

The Great Wall isn't the reason. And nothing relating to it has been changed lately.

They don't act like this with UNITAI_ATTACK?

2. Daffy

Daffy Prince

I first notice the strange Barb AI behavior some time around/after the introdution of Canada but before the introduction of Great Statesmen (no Art yet)
    But I hadn't played for a few weeks before the introduction of Canada I think.. so the timeframe may not be helpful, unless anyone else can confim it?

I hadn't noticed anything strage when playing as canada first time, but a bit later on an american start i received a bunch of flipped mohawks (8 or so) [which nicely upgrade to minutemen including the woodsman II and march promotions for whopping 10 gold each ;) ]
    and there was another stack of barb mohawks (10 or so) just wandering around the forests N/NE of Chicago, they only attacked if there was an undefended worker or a lone unit(possibly damaged)

edit:
    I just checked the SVN there are probably 100 svn updates in the timeframe i mentioned.. I thought it was maybe a one month timeframe, but it's more like 3..
    Leoreth you work to much :D

3. JustAnotherNerd

JustAnotherNerd Warlord

Don't know if it will help or not:
    In my recent game as Greece (SVN889), hullugani completely ignored Byzantion with spearman, and Korinthos with spearman and headed straight forward in my city in Iberia with only warrior there.
    Probably they was searching a city with weakest defender...

edit: btw, hullugani always attack a city, they don't stack somewhere on hills with forests as vultures do.
    and parthian horse archers always attack too. In my games they always ignore Siraz (which is closer to them) and trying to attack Babylon.

4. borhap88

borhap88 Prince

No, they don't. After this WB change, they attack as usual.

5. Leoreth

Interesting, maybe that will be a good intermediate solution.

6. Leoreth

New commit: Added more female great people names for almost all civilizations.

7. Leoreth

Okay, besides female statesman graphics, another thing lacking is sound. As it stands now, we have the following options for female GPs:

a) normal male unit sounds in the correct language
    b) female unit sounds in English
    c) no unit sounds at all

Female sounds in the correct language are obviously not an option. (b) is provided by the female GP modmod, but also breaks immersion like (a), although imo in a less glaring way.

Opinions?

8. Tomorrow's Dawn

Tomorrow's Dawn Heroes Never Die

I'll vote (b). Better all English than no voice at all.

Also, is it just me, or is it nearly impossible to peacevassal anyone in the last couple of revisions?
    I feel like it needs to be adjusted because I don't even see civs vassalizing to each other anymore.

9. billyleeback16

billyleeback16 Chieftain

Are the two most recent SVN revisions save compatible? I'm getting a crash to desktop when I try to load my current Mughal game.

10. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Simperator Knoedel

Are you sure there isn't at least one female fan of DoC devoted enough to learn three dozen languages? I would do it, buy my voice is too male and obnoxious. :lol:

What about the voice clips, if you can even call them that, provided by CivIV itself for spies? You know, those hmms?

Also do you plan on including some female skins for modern military units as well? I'm pretty sure I once saw a mod that randomly replaces one of the three guys in Paratrooper, Marine and SAM Infantry units with a woman if you are running Emancipation. Then again this would only affect people who don't play with single unit graphics.

11. Leoreth

I think the second to last were the statesman names, which did break compatibility. Female GP names shouldn't.

Didn't consider that. I was actually hoping for the female GP modmod to provide sound that isn't language specific. Will have a listen.

Maybe I'll do this later on. My main concern currently was the inclusion of historical great people including appropriate graphical representation.

12. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Age of Empires III has female selections sounds for a dozen of civs. But I'm afraid this has some copy-right issues.

13. ales_

ales_ Heir

I'll vote A.

14. borhap88

borhap88 Prince

B for me

15. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

I'd say A.

16. CaterpillarKing

CaterpillarKing Conqueror of Cacoons

What if you take the male voices and use some sort of audio editing program to change the pitch and bass and such so that they are female?

17. Leoreth

I'm actually more interested in the reasoning behind your opinion that the opinion itself. It's not that I will just count votes in the end ;)

18. archcapitalist

archcapitalist Warlord

C I guess. Reasoning. I usually dont play with sound

19. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

Well, mostly because I don't care about gender, but do like to hear the different languages / accents. 'Course, I assume we're only talking about Great People, so it's not really a big issue or anything (how often do you hear their voices anyway?).

That reminds me - Spies don't have a voice either, do they?

20. youtien

youtien Lyricist

I vote (d).leave this to volunteers, Leoreth continue focus on gameplay and mechanic issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.