• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[RD] Daily Graphs and Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what the net of all those is?
Ireland suffered a falling population and lost generations in the past - it is sapping to a country.

The plus countries added up to 26.3 M and the minus countries added up to 41.7 M, for an overall net minus 15.4 M. Which is rougly 2% minus for all countries together for 2017-2050. Kind of stable.
I guess these figures are only using domestic migration between the countries listed.
But no transparency there in footnotes or legenda, other than that the CIA played a role in making the graph.
Also not whether this is with or without a full Brexit

A falling population and lost generations can indeed be a big burden for a country,
IF these forecasts are roughly correct, it will be interesting to see how shrinking countries are going to deal with it.

Will some of the nationalistic countries start birthrate increasing programs, to avoid at all cost immigrants from outside Europe ?
(Poland, Hungary, etc)

That looks scary.
Btw, why the massive exodus in the buffer zone between Russia and Germany? :mischief:

You mean between Germany and China ?

I wonder what is with the massive exodus from the Baltic states? Are these not supposed to be the economic success story of the ex-soviet block?

I looked for another source of such forecasts.
https://www.populationpyramid.net/europe/2050/

And it gives roughly the same picture, althoug for example Spain goes down instead of up.
But overall Nord Europe goes up a little, West Europe slightly reduction, South Europe goes down (and towards 2100 faster down), East Europe goes down a lot (and continues on a steep slope down up to 2100)

It's almost like we get back to the time of the Franks, the Normans, and the Vikings

As they say, in the Old World 100 km. is a long distance, in the New World 100 years is a long time.
Is this really true in South America? In the North, the indigenous population basically completely disappeared and most of their architecture was not long lasting either. (not trying to get into a debate on the causes of all that either) Also, white settlements in the South generally had a century-long head start and there are a lot more pre-modern buildings (or so I think) there.
Demographic projections makes economics look like science. :)

I remember as a kid reading articles to the effect that by 2020 the majority of the US would speak Spanish and English would have faded away as the primary language. :lol:

I wonder what is with the massive exodus from the Baltic states? Are these not supposed to be the economic success story of the ex-soviet block?
Low domestic fertility, Russian-speaking minority in the East is emigrating en masse to Mother Russia and many young people moving to western Europe for work.

Dutchfire beat me to it. But those countries had a heavy portion of their populations which was ethnic Russian. Some of that predated the USSR, some of it was done deliberately by the USSR. But the Baltic nations didn't want Russians, and so made it difficult for them. Many are going back to Russia.

Also quite a lot of stateless people in those countries, mostly of Russian and Belarussian ethnicity, who were living there when the USSR came down but never got citizenship.

Low domestic fertility, Russian-speaking minority in the East is emigrating en masse to Mother Russia and many young people moving to western Europe for work.
Dutchfire beat me to it. But those countries had a heavy portion of their populations which was ethnic Russian. Some of that predated the USSR, some of it was done deliberately by the USSR. But the Baltic nations didn't want Russians, and so made it difficult for them. Many are going back to Russia.
:lol:
Anyone who wished to emigrate to Russia did so, like, in previous millennium.
At least in Estonia over 95% of emigration is to other EU countries and our net migration rate with Russia has been positive for well over a decade, I believe.

8edh13r038c01.png

So, it would seem that significant aspects of the US police force are out of control.

One thing leads to another. (To be more precise, the second thing leads to the first one)

One thing leads to another. (To be more precise, the second thing leads to the first one)

Yes, police shootings are up because they assume (usually correctly) that everyone on the street has a gun. I don't think the are wrong to assume this at all. I watched a documentary on pbs about police shootings and they interviewed a guy who was vice in the 70s and would make a lot of undercover drug buys. He said he didn't even carry a gun and neither did any of the dealers. That would be unimaginable today. Everyone has a weapon. My guess is of those 1146 killings, ~1130 of them are justified because the perp is aiming a weapon or shooting back.

My guess is of those 1146 killings, ~1130 of them are justified because the perp is aiming a weapon or shooting back.

That is a remarkable level of faith in the police. My guess would be much closer to the opposite.

Nearly every 3rd person in Germany is supposed to own a weapon? I might check that later, seems way to high to me (even if soldiers, police and hunters are included).
Careful. That chart is "guns per person" as a mean, not literally how many people own a gun. In the US, for instance, only about a third of people own a gun, but because some people own private arsenals, the mean is skewed. I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar in those other countries. Steven Paddock had two-dozen guns just in the hotel room with him, and even more at his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom