Desktop or laptop?

What is your primary computer?

• Total voters
Right. And stray windblown pollen destroys research plot corn too, but that's overcome(to acceptable levels) with physical separation, neutering close plants, and little paper/wax bags. There's ways, and I bet they're going to be cheaper than a large scale entirely hydro operation once the norm becomes mass harvest and extraction of desired chemicals. Refined pot like refined sugar like refined meats like...

Maybe not! I don't really know enough. But I wouldn't bet against there being a way, or if there isn't a way, there not being a way developed.

Does it? Didn't they stop selling it though?

That would be a good reason to build a new desktop. I want to be able to play new games and I hate how even the best laptops become out of date on that specific front in a couple of years.

Sorry, I meant Steam In-Home Streaming is really good.

Steam Link was the hardware dongle they sold that you can stream to, and is discontinued.

You can stream between any two PCs/Macs on the same network (I stream from my Windows HTPC to my MacBook) that have Steam running.

https://store.steampowered.com/streaming/

Right. And stray windblown pollen destroys research plot corn too, but that's overcome(to acceptable levels) with physical separation, neutering close plants, and little paper/wax bags. There's ways, and I bet they're going to be cheaper than a large scale entirely hydro operation once the norm becomes mass harvest and extraction of desired chemicals. Refined pot like refined sugar like refined meats like...

Maybe not! I don't really know enough. But I wouldn't bet against there being a way, or if there isn't a way, there not being a way developed.

Maybe. My immediate take is that there is a difficult confluence of factors. Resin production is a function of direct light, so any sort of bagging is going to counter production. Light is really the core factor, because indoor grows use light cycles that are not naturally occurring, and that's how they produce the results they get. Whether that can be offset by refinement processing is the flip side question, obviously. A random field of hemp has fewer cannabinoids than a good plant has, so no amount of refining technology can make just letting hemp grow au naturale work, but some sort of balance may well be struck where outdoor large fields become more productive than indoor grows for input to processing.

If they're knocking down/moving buildings instead of cleaning them, I'd say there's some play in the industry learning how the *#&$ to do things. :lol:

If they're knocking down/moving buildings instead of cleaning them, I'd say there's some play in the industry learning how the *#&$ to do things. :lol:

No doubt. I don't really know how much of the moving resulted from being unable/unwilling to sterilize and how much was a function of "best to keep moving anyway." I just know that immobilization through licensing is going to have consequences that have at this point not been addressed. And that a lot of people who were really gung ho about jumping into the bright light of legalization are now looking at reaping a one off windfall and disappearing back into the shadows, at least in Southern California, which is sort of the epicenter of indoor growing.

I don't feel terribly bad for the people who are thinking that buying a functional grow will make them a grower, or the people they are taking in with their "get rich quick" pot stocks. They are too closely related to the people who thought that a pot license would be like a liquor license; you use political contacts to get issued a license involving a product that the licensing will maintain such a scarcity of that you can effectively just print your own money. They also are finding out that growing pot isn't necessarily the same thing as running a bar, and paying the price of ignorance that privilege can't protect them from. The local political cabal has a giant mountain of hemp on their hands, if anyone is interested in making rope.

Nobody ever knows what they're doing when they start out. It'll take a while for the agriculturalists/horticulturalists to establish themselves under the official fee structure, and then the political cabal will fleece the **** out of them commensurate with how much political/regulatory power the government retains to skim.

Steam streaming/big picture mode only works well if you have hardwired connections all over. Which is not really how they advertised steam link. It was sold as hey, plug this dongle into your tv anywhere in the house and now you can use your gaming pc as a console! Didn't work that great without a wired connection.

At the end to dump their inventory they were selling steam links for $5 which I guess was a steal cus you could reflash them with raspberry pi boot or something, idk, I don't really tinker with that stuff.

Nobody ever knows what they're doing when they start out. It'll take a while for the agriculturalists/horticulturalists to establish themselves under the official fee structure, and then the political cabal will fleece the **** out of them commensurate with how much political/regulatory power the government retains to skim.

Agreed. The thing that makes the current situation weird is that there is no shortage of people who aren't just starting out. Most suppliers in the industry have been growing pot for decades and have watched plenty of "new kids" come and go.

It's almost like it's work or something.

It's almost like it's work or something.

LOL...yeah. I think there's also some misunderstanding that comes from it being called "weed." It does grow pretty much like a weed...and if you are looking to make rope that's certainly convenient, but the current market isn't open to anything that might grow by itself. I know a guy who incinerated several pounds of product because the color was off so it couldn't be sold...and because he was celebrating a special occasion.

Yeah. I'm just guessing that incineration of raw plant matter is a somewhat dated method. Heath nicks might be into vaping off of plant matter sub-combustion and that would make sense, but I bet the convenience/potency/pricing factors chase consumption, thus the market, into refined product vape juices and refined cooking oils.

Yeah. I'm just guessing that incineration of raw plant matter is a somewhat dated method. Heath nicks might be into vaping off of plant matter sub-combustion and that would make sense, but I bet the convenience/potency/pricing factors chase consumption, thus the market, into refined product vape juices and refined cooking oils.

That's undoubtedly true. I did think it was hilarious that this guy had to pull this "off color" product out as a way of 'protecting the value of the strain.' Even the buyers who are looking for material for processing are so tuned in to the cloned plants that the designated strain has to be plants that look the same. Me being me I'd have marketed the off color product as a rare and unrelated strain and called it a day.

Eh. Processors are not adventuresome people. Connoisseurs are more likely to be into variety. Soybeans get sorted by hilum color for entirely cosmetic purposes. And that's even with them being processed, I suppose.

Eh. Processors are not adventuresome people. Connoisseurs are more likely to be into variety. Soybeans get sorted by hilum color for entirely cosmetic purposes. And that's even with them being processed, I suppose.

Yeah. I was just thinking that being off color would be a non-factor after processing. But, they do have a big money recognized strain and are looking for "made with..." to become a selling point for processed products. I guess having even a brief run of "hey this isn't <brand> but it seems to have all the same kick" could dilute that.

Top Bottom