• Abstain

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon02

General
Asking whether or not to have organized chat sessions to accompany game play sessions.

Extent on the powers held in said turnchat will be held later assuming this measure passes.

Edit: just like GA's poll set to expire in 7 days.

Yes, Keep the turnchats.

Voted yes, but I've got a problem with the poll.

My preference is for them to be optional, based on the preference of the DP. There is no option for that.

Thus, if "Yes" means only on-line chats, then my vote is changed to a "No".

-- Ravensfire

Voted yes, but I've got a problem with the poll.

My preference is for them to be optional, based on the preference of the DP. There is no option for that.

Thus, if "Yes" means only on-line chats, then my vote is changed to a "No".

-- Ravensfire

Didn't think about that, and didn't see anything in the thread suggesting that option.

For now, just view this as whether or not to allow Turnchats. Since I feel like it's something that's very important I wanted to at least establish that.

May end up remaking though... especially since thus far it's seems established most here want to maintain t/c's.

Didn't think about that, and didn't see anything in the thread suggesting that option.

For now, just view this as whether or not to allow Turnchats. Since I feel like it's something that's very important I wanted to at least establish that.

May end up remaking though... especially since thus far it's seems established most here want to maintain t/c's.
You can always follow up with another poll after this one is done :).

I don't think anyone wants to ban them. What should be an option is for the DP to be allowed to run an off-line session. I believe the current DG, and the last Civ 3 DG both allowed this.

Personally, my computer has issues when I switch between a chat program and Civ 4. It's not frequent, but it happens enough that a mandatory on-line chat would eliminate any chance of me playing the save.

The current DG didn't cover such an option well, but the last Civ 3 DG simply said "the DP must post a summary of that session, a detailed log of their actions, and a save in the instruction thread and in the summary thread." Covers both on and off line sessions quite nicely.

-- Ravensfire

Personally, my computer has issues when I switch between a chat program and Civ 4. It's not frequent, but it happens enough that a mandatory on-line chat would eliminate any chance of me playing the save.

-- Ravensfire

Never thought about that, how about AIM Chatroom at least? if nothing else...

But you do bring up a good point for not making them "mandatory."

Have you tried setting Civ4 to run on windowed mode?

Proposed updated poll

Should we have turnchats? (Revised)

- Yes, Mandatory (the game session shall always be accompanied by a chat session).
- Yes, Optional (DP (or other) has the choice whether to hold a chat session).
- Yes, Abstain (Yes on turnchat don't care mandatory or optional)
- No (Official Turnchats are essentially forbidden)
- Abstain

I'm fine with the poll as-is, and I read it to be if turnchats are allowed. If this result holds up (don't see any way it couldn't) then we have gotton past the silly notion that some people still post for getting rid of chats, and we can start polling about the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom