"Do you have problems with people from Central and Eastern Europe?" asks Dutch PVV

Babbler

Deity
A heated row has erupted in the Netherlands over a website by the Freedom Party (PVV), which invites Dutch nationals to lodge their complaints about Central and Eastern Europeans living in the country, the BBC's Anna Holligan in The Hague reports.

"Do you have problems with people from Central and Eastern Europe? Have you lost your job to a Pole, Bulgarian, Romanian or other Eastern European? We want to know."

This is the Freedom Party's latest initiative providing frustrated followers with forum to share their negative encounters with Eastern Europeans in the Netherlands.

Users are encouraged to enter their details anonymously before clicking in the circles each representing a particular "problem" presented by Eastern Europeans.

Categories include: drunkenness, double parking and noise pollution.

I would add bring a special kind of crazy nationalism and hating brown people, but I doubt the Freedom Party has problem with that.

Drunkenness, double parking and noise pollution? Sounds like you have some serious problems ;)

In the age of open borders with the EU, what are they hoping to achieve? Exit the EU? Close the borders?

It's interesting, because America, as a nation of immigrants and immigration, has always had such parties in effect... "those Germans are taking our jobs"... blah blah blah, then a generation later, those Germans are saying "those Irish are taking our jobs"...

On the other hand, America was founded like that, with no real history spanning centuries of developing and defending a national culture.

My solution, Westerners, move to Romania! They have a lot of very nice looking women there, so you can take their jobs and their women.

That one Polish dude that has speeding tickets and parking violations all over Ireland the Netherlands

That one Polish dude that has speeding tickets and parking violations all over Ireland the Netherlands

Prawo Jazdy? I know that guy. He's in Norway too.

Seriously though. In my experience they(eastern Europeans) are hard working people and the cultural differences are minimal. Easy to work with.

Did they actually use the phrase "Central and Eastern Europe"? I wouldn't expect such geographic sensitivity from them :lol:

Anyway:

a) EU
b) Schengen Agreement

Case dismissed.

(However, there is a worrying trend about Western European right-wing populists to target Central/Eastern Europeans in their hate campaigns because they're white. This way, they can hardly be accused of being racist - which they immediately are when they talk this way about non-European looking people. So, it's actually quite good for them - they can be seen fighting against evil job-stealing foreigners without being vulnerable to the r-word counterstrike. Case in point: the UK tabloids.)

Categories include: drunkenness, double parking and noise pollution.
The standards have slipped. Once the nationalist nutjobs complained about foreigners bringing Communism with them and seeking to overthrow society. Now they have contented themselves with the type of inquisitiveness usualy handled by the Neighborhood Watch Patrol.

Winner said:
Did they actually use the phrase "Central and Eastern Europe"? I wouldn't expect such geographic sensitivity from them
Just remember, that term doesn't apply to Poland, as Poland is in North Africa.

Sounds like the "Know Nothing" party in the USA in 1850's. What Lincoln said about them was that if the came to power he would move to a country like Russia where despotism could be taken pure without the base alloy of hypocratcy.

They are up 4 seats (from 20 to 24) in the weekly political polling. Clearly, there's a large voting base in the Netherlands that likes trolls :(

I bet they were saying the same about the French in 1805.

This way, they can hardly be accused of being racist - which they immediately are when they talk this way about non-European looking people. So, it's actually quite good for them - they can be seen fighting against evil job-stealing foreigners without being vulnerable to the r-word counterstrike. Case in point: the UK tabloids.)

Our jokey British tabloids are pathetic in comparison to the racism and extreme nationalism in the Balkans and the rest of Eastern Europe.
Isn't Hungary turning into a fascist state? Wasn't there a few race wars about 18 years ago in the Balklands? Gosh what a bunch of barbarians :lol:

Our jokey British tabloids are pathetic in comparison to the racism and extreme nationalism in the Balkans and the rest of Eastern Europe.

Actually, from where I stand the English press is equally or more pathetically nationalist as that in countries like Serbia. At least they don't usually hack into people's mobile phones, right?

Isn't Hungary turning into a fascist state?

You could surely believe that if you relied on British tabloids for information.

Wasn't there a few race wars about 18 years ago in the Balklands? Gosh what a bunch of barbarians :lol:

So, let me get this straight - in your mind, "Eastern" Europe means Balkans (last time I checked it was to the south), and Balkans means former Yugoslavia, and because of what happened there, all the anti-Polish crap in the UK is perfectly OK?

Uhm, okay :pat:

Actually, from where I stand the English press is equally or more pathetically nationalist as that in countries like Serbia.

How can you say any of this with a straight face? It's just your pathetic Anti-England biases showing again.
A predjuice you demonstrate time and time again on these forums.

You could surely believe that if you relied on British tabloids for information.

It was a bit OTT my comment, then again Jobbik is Hungary's third largest party. A quick glance at Wikipedia shows how they are soaring in Hungarian elections. Oh wait, but eval britsih tabloids are so much worse!

So, let me get this straight - in your mind, "Eastern" Europe means Balkans (last time I checked it was to the south), and Balkans means former Yugoslavia, and because of what happened there, all the anti-Polish crap in the UK is perfectly OK?

Uhm, okay :pat:

:Rofl: thats your argument? Seriously pathetic. "Oh, it's not a part of Eastern Europe" :lol: Ok, lets have a look at what wikipedia has to say on it:

The Balkan Peninsula is an area of southeastern Europe

You have learnt something new today Winner, geographical areas can be defined as "south-east" rather then just "south". Is that the legendary Czech public education system rearing it's head again?

Actually Poles are considered to be excellent, reliable workers in Britain as i've heard. I think your news sources are seriously skewed.

How can you say any of this with a straight face? It's just your pathetic Anti-England biases showing again.
A predjuice you demonstrate time and time again on these forums.

Prejudice?

Who wants to bet I know British press far better than Quackers know the press in *any* central or eastern European country? :lol:

It was a bit OTT my comment, then again Jobbik is Hungary's third largest party. A quick glance at Wikipedia shows how they are soaring in Hungarian elections. Oh wait, but eval britsih tabloids are so much worse!

I don't know what straw men you're attacking here, but I'll leave you to it.

:Rofl: thats your argument? Seriously pathetic. "Oh, it's not a part of Eastern Europe" :lol: Ok, lets have a look at what wikipedia has to say on it:

What argument? I wasn't arguing anything there, and even if I were, you completely misread it, so why should I bother responding? It was you who started rambling about the Balkans, not I.

You have learnt something new today Winner, geographical areas can be defined as "south-east" rather then just "south". Is that the legendary Czech public education system rearing it's head again?

Do you really think such petty insults will move me? Awww, I am sorry, but you must try harder :pat:

Actually Poles are considered to be excellent, reliable workers in Britain as i've heard. I think your news sources are seriously skewed.

From you this sounds almost like a compliment.

First of all I'm not comparing the British press with Eastern European press. I never said i was. I was responding to this inaccurate statement that Britain's eval nationalist public are revealed through the English press. Then, after a quick glance at the bloody race wars that Eastern Europeans have had in the past 2 decades, the fascist party gaining ground in Hungary and the crazy E-european nationalists you see all over the internet - we are nothing compared to all that rubbish. You should have a good look at your own region before you start getting uptight over a few misinterpreted comments in "The Sun". Whilst your at it, read the Guardian, read the Daily Telegraph, the Times - all serious newspapers and all part of the English press(skip the guardian CIF though, unless you want to puke ;)). You will struggle to find your phantom strawmen in there.

Top Bottom