Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
How about this hymn?
The day thou gavest, Lord, is ended;
The darkness falls at thy behest;
To thee our morning hymns ascended;
Thy praise shall sanctify our rest.

Where's the innuendo in that?

(Not that I'm keen on hymns or anything. Just that this guy with Alzheimers could only remember that one, and I got to "sing" it with him over and over (several hundred times over). For a reason I've yet to fathom. I found it quite poignant that he'd picked on that one at the end of his life, though.)

It went dark now sanctify our rest? 9 months later its a song about Christening.

Ode to Joy?

Well, that's probably self-explanatory, come to think of it.

Derp.

I spent several years studying and practicing for my Western Board of Music exams for the organ. There was a lot of Bach on the syllabus. A lot. And since I'm much more comfortable playing by ear than by reading music at the best of times, I didn't want an exam I'd studied and practiced for over 6 months to be the time when I lost my place because I'd relied on the notes as a crutch. So I memorized them.

It must have driven my family nuts to hear that stuff 2-3 hours a day, every day, until I finally started getting it right. It had to be absolutely perfect, with my fingers and feet trained to know automatically where to go and what to do. And the way it happened when things finally did come together there would be this magical moment with no stumbling, no clumsiness, all the notes would be right, and I would be so into it that I didn't even dare breathe for fear of breaking my concentration.

Organ, eh? That's pretty interesting. My piano teacher generally made me memorize pieces too, if possible, though that's also partially because the music exams and competitions I took part in usually required memorization.

Bach's cool with me, at any rate, though it seems to me that Beethoven and Chopin are closer to me personally...ish... something. Seemed like my piano teacher knew that about me before I knew it myself.

This puts the Iwo Jima scene in a very bizarre light, considering the, well, hmm, historical concerns.

It means that this very flag is an American boner ready for fighting some Japanese.

This puts the Iwo Jima scene in a very bizarre light, considering the, well, hmm, historical concerns.

It means that this very flag is an American boner ready for fighting some Japanese.

Well I mean that's kind of what our country is about. Boners for battle.

I'm doing some research on the early republic right now, and the Senate actually wanted the President to be addressed as "His Majestically-Donged Bonersaurus", but they were overruled by the anti-Federalists in the House who thought that phallic symbolism should be reserved for the states.

The design of the Washington Monument is intended as a reference to that debate.

Top Bottom