• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

DR 01- The Greek Domination

Glad to see we have more players. I would definitely concentrate on taking our landmass befor we start in on the Mongols. Just a note here, if we declare peace, and redeclare war before the 20 turns are up, WW shoots right back up to its war level (AFAIK) Also, ambhibious assualt will be MUCH easier with transports, infantry, destroyers, etc.

Pre-Turn 950AD Freed up troops where we have more than one defender and from inland cities. Move them out to garrison coastal towns.
Put down a few rioters.

AI Hittite send 3 stacks (3M Char), (warrior, archer), (2 swords) approach Hattusas Our Cavalry army on R&R in the city can be heard laughing for miles around.

Turn 1 (960AD) People add a West wing to our palace.ToG=>Mag in 4 + 154gpt
Hattusas: 3MC destroyed Cav promoted to elite. warrior and archer destroyed no promotions.
Harran: Pike destroyed, cannons move closer.
Lisbon: Garrisoned. Slowed growth hired taxmen
Lagos:Mongols sniffing around.

Trades France Gems for wines, silks & furs
incense for 16gpt

AI Hattusis:Hittite stack now (3 archers & 2 swords)

Turn 2 (970AD) Moved Troops.

Lagos:Tell Mongols to get off our land. Back to war with them.
Destroy 2 keshek.

TradesNothing worth it.

AI Portugese Galley off coast. MI/archer north of Hattusas

Turn 3 (980AD) **Heroic Epic built in Thermopalae**

Harran: After heavy bombardment (first 5 missed) looked innefectual 3hp's taken from 2 pikes. Cav kills one musket the other. Harran has now joined the Greek empire.
Tarsus: Ignoring the Hitite stack our cav army and 1 cav destroy the 2 pikes Tarsus joins empire.

Funny thing here. Harran 2 resistors, Tarsus 2 happy people. Maybe they are beginning to see the advantages of the superior Greek civilization.

AI Zzzz

Turn 4 (990AD) People add an East wing to the palace.
Nav in 1. Troop movements.

AI Zzzz

Turn 5 (1000AD) Now in IA.
Steam 5 turns -13gpt. We can afford it and railways would be useful.
Move troops towards Hittite capitol.

AI Hittite galley leaves capitol.

Turn 6 (1010AD)
Halicornassis founded.
Move troops onto Portugese territory

Ankuwa: Cav army demolishes 2 pikes and Hittiter capital is moved to Kadesh. Ankuwa now joins the Greek empire.
1 worker captured.
Rio Janeiro: Capture 2 hittite workers outside Portugese capitol. See if they will declare war on us for being here.

Other SP in 4 -10gpt

AI Portugal tells us to get out. Its war again.

Turn 7 (1020AD) A bit of unrest due ti war announcement but easilly dealt with. Mongols won't talk.

Rio Janeiro: 2 pikes, 2 spears and 1 Lbow destroyed and Rio is Greek.
Emar: 2 cav prove enough to take Emar.

Other science down to 80% SP in 3 + 53gpt

AI Hittite Knight kills a cav.

Turn 8 (1030AD)

Castle Branco: Spear kills our cav. Damn RNG.

AI Galley off Harran

Turn 9 (1040AD)

Castle Branco: Spear destroyed 1 showing.
Hubishnu: Spotted Mongol horseman south. Pike & spear destroyed. Now in empire.

Other SP next turn. Workers organised to start rail network.

AI Mongol Horse kills our wounded cav and takes Hubishnu. Not for long, revenge will be ours. Hittite knight tries to slip by in the confusion. Hit' galley heads South.

Turn 10 (1050AD) We discover SP. Knights Templar switched off. Change to Industrialisation.

Habisnu: Cav army kills Mongol horse, we take Habishnu back. Kills Hittite knight returns to city to rest.
Castle Branco: Elite cav attacks spear, Creates Leader. Second cav finishes off spear. Brance finally taken.

Other Lots of deals expire. I'll leave it to the next person to sort them out and continue the war.

The Mongols will makes peace. We can get rid of their one city on our island first and then talk peace. Just so we can build a navy to invade them with :D
It's up to you what you do with our leader. We have numerous wonders to choose from.

Too bad militaristic leaders can't rush wonders anymore :(. But I guess building the military academy isn't a bad choice, it will reinforce our army and allow us to build more. 2 cavs army is unstoppable without riflemen.

BTW, I hope we have coal.

You get a science leader by being first to a tech don't you? Can they hurry wonders? We are ahead in tech so there is allways a chance :)

good job. Could someone post a screenshot so I can get caught up on how our empire looks?

The area of contention is shown below. Our empire is too big to fit on the screen :D

You can see the world map showing the full extent in the screen shot.

Attachments

• greece 1050ad.jpg
    greece 1050ad.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 166
NICE! I will not even have a remote chance of getting my disk back before February(midterms) after that, i think i will insist.

Evincar are you going to pick this up. It looks like there are 3 of us left in operation here.

1050 (0): Taking a look around...it just seems like a good idea to wipe out the pathetic cities that still stand before our Glorious Empire, and then focus on infraestructure (Just to plan how to terminate the rest, mind you). Athens switches to Newton's. Please understand this move, I believe one city less producing cavs doesn't mean much, and even if we don't get newton we can just grab US. Courthouse rushed at Guimaraes, Corumbra. MM in cities to gain 2 turns to smith at the expense of Sparta's cavs. Library rushed at knossos. Ephesus changes Cav to marketplace. Rhodes rushes courthouse rather than finishing aqueduct. Well right now we are making 720 cash for science and losing 3gpt. Let's see if my decission were good or a complete mistake :).

AI Turn: Deal with Sumeria is over, and it's not like it suits our interests :(. Well, I traded them saltpeter for species and 12 gpt. Don't be nuts about them getting muskets, by the time we attack them, I believe we will have Inf. Killed an an attacking Longbowman. A couple of mongol caravels wander around the East of the empire.

1060 (1): Guimaraes starts marketplace, Bunch of units started. Now we are researching 746 gpt, 26 up from 720 while making 14 gpt, however, I got an extra 22 gpt with the change of the deal, so we are now getting 5 less gpt. Seems it wasn't a bad idea, even if I spent quite a bit.

Longbowman killed. Upgraded some muskets to rifles, mainly in case the mongols disembark. Moved troops near to a hitite city whose name I can't see :lol:

AI turn: Ivory deal expires, and we lose a bunch of gpt :O. Oh well, we will see. A hitite knight retreats and a longbowman is killed. Musket now elite

1070 (2): The defenders of Alaca Hayuk are slaughtered, but the full 4 laborers resist.Our army takes out a pike at kadesh, and 1st castelo conquers it. I hope I can finish the war (i.e. control all our continent). Chemistry to babs for Ivory, since they are so hopeless anyway ;).

AI does nothing.

1080 (3): Our glorious Army takes Ereen, the only mongol city in our land. It even gets promoted (now 14 HP :lol:). Made peace with the mongols, taking 19 gold from them. RR feast!. Too bad our workers aren't on our core cities, but they will get to there in some turns.

1090 (4): OK, I'm an idiot. Peace with the mongols raised WW as they had done nothing to us :(. Some cities fall into disorder. Industrialization next turn, SCI lowered to 30%. MM all around the cities to get the max out of them.
AI: Mongolia allies with French Vs poor babs! :(. Hitite longbowman killed.

1100 (5): Industrialization researched, Electricity in 7 @ +113 gpt :). Pergamon is founded using a spare settler, just to fullfill our lands. More terraworking.

Adana falls, and the Hitites with them :D. Portugal is next, with the almighty army around, I don't think they have many chances, but I reinforced with some cavs. Funny thing is they still won't acknowledge our envoy :lol:

AI TURN: Our palace expands.

1110 (6): Guarda, the last of the portuguese cities, fall. Time to reorganize our Empire. Changed tons of things, I think we can take a break with our military, just to build stuff that will later gives us A LOT of more and better units. On a side note, Hector really doesn't have anything interesting to do. Best cities are making wonders and there's no point in building an army right now. I guess he can be used to rush the Military Academy once Newton's finished.

AI: Paris finishes Bach.
1120 (7): Just about nothing. More RR, no good deals. We need an army of workers, so I think I will get a few more.
AI Turn. I don't know WTF is up, but now I get a pop up that the French are building Sisten?? :wtf:. How is it possible they start it now?. I assume it will be finished soon by someone.
1130 (8): A galleon is produced, we want some of them to invade Mongolia. More RR is done, we will soon get to our core, but we need to change some irrigation to mines (stupid AI..)

AI: Ta-Tu builds Mageyan's Voyage. Good, since it's pretty close to us :p.

1140 (9): Another Galleon produced. Peaceful times.

1150 (10): Lots of cultural expansions as a result of bought libraries. Notice that we now control 37% of land mass and 52% of population. Electricity next turn, I think it's a good idea to go then to Replaceable parts, mass upgrade, and perform a massive slaughter vs the mongols who don't have even rifle. If it turns out that we don't have rubber, let's just conquer it.

But of course, it's all up to the next ruler

I will hopefully get my cd back after midterms, which end monday.

Pre-Turn 1150AD
Moved troops for police duties.
Put down a rioter in Evora.

Deals:
Printing Press, 2g & WM from Babs for Physics.

Turn 1 (1160AD)

We discover Electricity=>Rep Parts 6T + 97gpt

Thesselonicaworker=>Frigate

Trades
Sumeria Democracy, 13g WM for ToG
France 11gpt, 478g & WM for ToG
Mongols Dyes for ToG + Silks (wanted Saltpetre, No way)

MM'd cities via extra luxes
RP down to 5t + 26g

IT
French deal ends
New deal Gems + 6gpt frm France for Wines, furs & silks
People add to palace

Turn 2 (1170AD)
Argos Gallion=>cav

Deals:
Sumeria 10gpt for our wines, 12gpt for our furs, 12gpt for our furs (Keep em skint)

IT
Zzzz

Turn 3 (1180AD)
***The Summerians are building Newtons***
Heraklea galleon=>Frigate
Lots of railroads.

IT
Zzzz

Turn 4 (1190AD)
***French build Sistine Chapel in Tours***
Hattusus library=>rifle
Cuzco Uni=>cav
Corinth uni-frigate

Trades
Ivory from Babylon gone. French captured it so:
French Ivory + 21g for Economics
Summeria WM, 36gpt + 10g for Economics
Babylon WM + 8g for banking

IT
Mongols want embargo against Babs. No thankyou. Not many babs left anyway.

Turn 5 (1200AD)
***Sumeria builds Newtons***
Lots of railroads
RP next go

IT
Zzzz

Turn 6 (1210AD)
***We discover Replacable Parts***
RP to Medicine + 191gpt
newtons=>USufferage

Faro library=>temple

IT
Zzz

Turn 7 (1220AD)
Machu Pichu market=>inf
Braga worker=>worker
Luanda worker=>worker

IT
Zzz

Turn 8 (1230AD)
Coimbra market=>inf
Huamanga court=>inf
Evora market=>inf

IT
Zzz

Turn 9 (1240AD)
Corinth Frigate=>inf
Heraklea Frigate=>inf

Other
Medicine next turn.

IT
Zzz

Turn 10 (1050AD)
We discover Medicine => Scientific Method (Just in case someone builds one of the wonders we are working on)

It's up to the next ruler but we are in a race for both wonders. We should be ahead but it would be best to have a spair wonder to build.
There is a fleet of 4 galleons close to Mongols.
WE have tons of money to upgrade troops might be an idea to do some before war. We need more troops before attacking Mongols, plus deals need to end to keep whatever repuration we have.

Save attached below

The Middle region of greece. Almost fully railroaded.

Attachments

• greece001.jpg
    greece001.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 94
Top Bottom