Easter Egg Collecting! (spoilers be here)

It is something I found in another game:
Also I saw Acheron Sword :) It`s from Golden Sun 2

Acheron and Erebus are 2 of the 3 greek mythology references in FfH. So its not surprising that they show up together in other games. (at least there are only 3 that I can think of, I may have forgotten some).

Acheron and Erebus are 2 of the 3 greek mythology references in FfH. So its not surprising that they show up together in other games. (at least there are only 3 that I can think of, I may have forgotten some).
Is the third one Stygian Guards? Stygian is the adjective for the Styx, one of the rivers in the underworld.

Is the third one Stygian Guards? Stygian is the adjective for the Styx, one of the rivers in the underworld.

Oops, your right. Thats a greek reference too. But I was thinking of another.

You of course refer to the awesome unit which allegedly brought about the downfall of an entire civilisation by itself.
Spoiler :
Trojan Horse?
Ok, maybe not all by itself.

Ug, yeah the Trojan Horse is one too. I was actually thinking of Nyx but apparently there are a few more references in than I thought.

Eidolon and Arete are both Greek words, although I don't know that they are specifically mythological references, I don't think they are.

Well, there's a small chance it's a small Odyssey character, but in the RoK frame I'd say a clear reference to Greek views on life is meant.

Eidolon and Arete are both Greek words, although I don't know that they are specifically mythological references, I don't think they are.

iirc Arete is part of Aristotle's philosophy. Arete is a state(?) of perfection, which one would try to obtain. Arete is also the capital in the current Democracy game.

I think Eidolon is Greek for demon.

Arete is "Goodness," "Excellence," or "Virtue." It was widely used in many contests, not just the works of Aristotle.

Eidolon is Greek for "Shadow," "Apparition," "Phantom," "Shade," "image," or "idol."

Slightly OT but I find it sort of funny that Eidolons in FfH are demons and in Greeks they are sort of shadowy but in the show Farscape Eidolons are peace loving peacemakers.

Slightly OT but I find it sort of funny that Eidolons in FfH are demons and in Greeks they are sort of shadowy but in the show Farscape Eidolons are peace loving peacemakers.

Yeah, I really liked the dicotomy of the word. On the one hand it means a shadow or apparation, and on the other it means an ideal. Both seemed to fit for the highest tier of unholy warriors.

what's with warcry having a candy corn on it? (in Canada know as Tiger's Teeth)

Top Bottom