European Wars: the Ottoman Turks mid 16th C - mid 18th C

imperator1961

Last of the Mohicans
Here my new pack: the Ottoman Turks, not an easy task.
From left to right:

Ottoman Azab, Janissary 16th C, Artillery 17th C, Pikeman 17th C, Deli Light Cavalry 17th C, Sipahi 17th C, Sekban 17th C, Artillery 18th C, Deli Light Cavalry 18th C, Janissary 18th C, Sipahi 18th C, Bosnian Frontiersman 18th C.

The animations preview:

All units are tested in game.

Download Part I
Download Part II

And dont' forget my Janissary Musketeer;)

Oh my goodness, what an awesome pack! The multiple weapon animations are astounding. This is truly excellent, my good man.

Another explosion of units...wow. And the animations are continuing to get better! How did you do the kilt on the 17th century Pikeman, for instance? That looks great!

If I can continue to be annoying and offer words of critique to push you toward perfection...Your foot units look much crisper this time around, no slidey feet, etc, so smoothing out the mounted animations seems the next order of business. Particularly when they draw their pistols they seem a bit choppy/unnatural as their torso pivots and shakes a bit back and forth...to a lesser extent the rifle animations could use a few more frames to smooth them out, if that's at all possible.

That said, it has taken me forever to finish the few units I'm working on, so I'm impressed by the speed and quality. I echo the above sentiments: great work! :thumbsup:

Thanks to all for the comments. A lot of questions!
Virote and Shiro: the next pack will be the French: artillery and cavalry units because infantry units are just maded by Sandris; as infantry units I add only a Musquetaire di Roy, a Wild Geese and a 17th C pikeman.
Steph: I will add some units; the Nizam Cedit will be in the Napoleonic units pack (it's a 19th C unit). The janissary pike is in the same historical period of my Ottoman pikeman so I dont'think to make another pikeman. The Acemi Oglan would be a sort of "junior" janissary, a training unit not a combat unit.
Micaelus: the kilt of the pikeman is in effect a scottish kilt that I take and modify from a DAZ figure. As for the cavalry anims, sorry my english is a bit poor, and I dont'have understand what you want say to me. Can you explain me more?

well i forgotten to ask santa if he could make a heavy infantryman for the 15 century with a battle axe and a round shield in very heavy armour suit. i think this one would be more versatile than the existing pikeman and especially used for sieges...thank you again

The janissary pike is in the same historical period of my Ottoman pikeman so I dont'think to make another pikeman.
Your pikeman can go with your "red shirt" janissary (with the bow), while the suggested pikeman could go with your "blue shirt" janissary, with the musket.

These will be very useful. So many turks and finally a Sipahi that doesn't look like crap.

Top Bottom