• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Favourite civ game

Indonesia

The Byzantine Empire

Byzantium vs Brazil vs Indonesia

The most influencial empire of eastern Europe vs one of the most beautiful countries of the new world vs an umbrella civ for all indonesian polities.

Sorry, but Brazil is out, because... see the last sentense.

UU:
Cataphract vs Orang Laut:
Orang laut is little useless. Caravel would be more useful to indonesian UHV, while Orang Laut in fact subtract the ability to explore with optics. Cataphract is available early on, so it wins.

UB:
Hippodrome vs candi:
Both graphics are awsome. Hippodrome isn't something really special, while candi is better, because it doesn't go obselete and it adds the really wanted +1:hammers:. So candi wins.

UP:
Metropolis vs trading resources:
Metropolis is really useless for the human player. If you collapse, the damage is... well it is a really awfull strategy:lol:. This power is useful only to the AI, and not always successfull. Trading resources isn't something really good either, but I think it is better than metropolis.

UHC1:
:gold: vs population:
A typical uhc vs an other typical uhc. I don't like gold goals, because you accumulate it in your treasury going backyard. So population wins.

UHC2:
Great Constantinoupolis vs happy resources:
Happy resources may make you really happy but a great city is really awsome. Constantinoupolis loses in UPs, but it wins in UHCs.

UHC3:
Byzantine empire vs indonesian population:
Nothing special in fact. Arab and Ottoman flips make the the Byzantines empire-building not so satisfying after all :(. But I would like to give UHC3 to Byzantium.

Byzantium: 3
Indonesia: 3

Draw. Let's see historicity:
Historicity:
In fact, the gameplay correspond to Byzantine history well. On the contrary, indonesian history isn't in fact what you do in the game. The main reason is that indonesian wasn't politically united. So Imperium Romanorum Orientale wins.

So Byzantium wins this battles.

Spoiler :

What if Brazil participated?
UU:
Cataphract vs woodsworker vs Orang Laut:
Woodsworker would be my favourite unit.

UB:
Hippodrome vs fazenda vs candi:
Hammers vs gold per resource. Fazenda would win.

UP:
Metropolis vs ethanol vs trading resources:
Ethanol is useless too, but better than the other UPs.

UHC1:
:gold: vs slave plants vs population:
TPopulation wins again.

UHC2:
Great Constantinoupolis vs three wondes vs happy resources:
Constantinoupolis would control only great walls and Hagia Sophia. It may win this battle.

UHC3:
Byzantine empire vs parks vs indonesian population:
Nothing special in fact in all three. I would give UHC3 to Byzantium again.

Byzantium: 2
Brazil: 3
Indonesia: 1

Brazil is OP or Byzantine and Indonesian gameplay needs something more.

P.S: Can anyone give me a save from Brazilian beginning. My computer crashes everytime I tried to play Brazilians :(.

Which scenario? Which version?

1700AD SVN latest version. Thanx for the interest, but not needed anymore, I managed to launch one start at last.

Top Bottom