• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Favourite civ game

Persia

برای شکوه و عظمت!

Being Dutch myself I know far too many Dutchmen to consider the Dutch anything resembling a civilisation. So for me it's Ethiopia vs. Persia, which is actually a matchup that happened in the previous tournament as well. I easily voted Persia there, and I will do so again.

Netherlands

Between Persia and Ethiopia... that's very tough... they are about equal, but Ethiopia hasn't a hope in hell. Persia for victory!!

Japan has won!
Japan (8; 53%) > Tamils (7; 47%)

I decided the winner... Sorry Tamils, next time. :D

Ethiopia vs Netherlands vs Persia:

The orthodox enclave of Africa vs the smallest colonial empire that conquered the other smallest colonial empire vs the most influencial middle eastern empire of classical era.

UU:
Askari vs East-Indiaman vs Immortal:
Askari isn't so special, while East-Indiaman beats other early ocean-travelling sea units. However, immortal is the best unit against in middle east for many centuries. Immortal wins, because he can't die.

UB:
Stele vs Dike vs Apothecary:
Stele gives just a cultural bonus, while Apothecary is almost always unused. Dike beats them, since it is one of the best UBs of the mod.

UP:
Sovereignity vs right of passage vs Satrapies:
All UPs are focused on the UHVs. However, sovereignity is little useless if you are the human player. England and Vikings open their borders, so right of passage is useless too. Satrapies are really usefull, because you need to build the empire. So satrapies win.

UHC1:
Founder vs merchants vs achaemenid empire:
Founding catholicism and building the empire are challenging. Well, the achaemenid empire is much more challenging.

UHC2:
Incense vs colony-conquests vs five wonders:
The conquest of colonies is more challenging than conquering the surounding cities to get the incense. But, controlling five wonders means something more than just conquering cities, so five wonders win.

UHC3:
Decolonisation vs spices vs shrines:
Do you want to decolonise the whole subequatorial Africa? Well, I'll tell you just one thing... patience. Spices and shrines need a plan but decolonisation needs a lot of time. Let's make it worthwhile and give it to them.

So we have:
Ethiopia: 1
Netherlands: 1
Persia: 4

Well, Persia wins!

UP:
Sovereignity vs right of passage vs Satrapies:
All UPs are focused on the UHVs. However, sovereignity is little useless if you are the human player. England and Vikings open their borders, so right of passage is useless too. Satrapies are really usefull, because you need to build the empire. So satrapies win.

That is still the old UP. The new UP is:
Doubled yield and commerce from the trading company corporation

Ethiopia vs Netherlands vs Persia:

The orthodox enclave of Africa vs the smallest colonial empire that conquered the other smallest colonial empire vs the most influencial middle eastern empire of classical era.

This was enough to prove your point:D

Edit: I also vote for Persia.

Top Bottom