[RD] Fear: Trump in the White House

You seem to think that half of America are idiots and the other half are getting beaten by them in elections. Embrace your heritage with pride.

How did we switch from you calling me an idiot to you reporting on what it seems to you that I think? Was there a point in making that transition?

How did we switch from you calling me an idiot to you reporting on what it seems to you that I think? Was there a point in making that transition?
How did we got from insulting large portion of Americans and throwing the word idiot around like it was a wish of good fortune to caring so much about what others say about us?

How did we got from insulting large portion of Americans and throwing the word idiot around like it was a wish of good fortune to caring so much about what others say about us?

Are you pretending to be a psychologist? If so you aren't quite getting the knack. Yes, answering every question with a question is a trite parody of their behavior, but the questions have to relate somehow.

Meanwhile, setting aside that you did call me an idiot in an RD thread...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been wondering about the title of this book. Is "Fear" a reference to what we should be feeling, given that we have clearly allowed crazed moonbat conspiracy theorists to flourish to the point that they now have one of their own in the highest office of the land? Or does it refer to the obvious paranoia that drives more than a few of said President Moonbat's actions? Or does it refer to what it has to be like for white house staffers trying to work under such bizarre conditions?

that Trump is a cure for American "savagery" that used to prevail is a misconception . A grave one , too .

Trump is not a good orator.

I'm getting myself prepared to deem him America's greatest orator.*

That comes at the cost** of having to acknowledge that the most effective oratory actually turns out to involve

mashing non-sequiturs together

when America is your audience.

*I'm not quite there yet

**the huge cost

Is "Fear" a reference to what we should be feeling, given that we have clearly allowed crazed moonbat conspiracy theorists to flourish to the point that they now have one of their own in the highest office of the land? Or does it refer to the obvious paranoia that drives more than a few of said President Moonbat's actions? Or does it refer to what it has to be like for white house staffers trying to work under such bizarre conditions?

The answer, I suspect, is "yes."

Trump is not a good orator. Calling him impeccable at anything other than mashing non-sequiturs together is ludicrous. Compare any video of Trump talking, to say, a non-idiot POTUS:
This simply proves you never watched him, so you have no idea what you are saying. Trump is better than good as an orator. It's why he was elected.

J

This simply proves you never watched him, so you have no idea what you are saying. Trump is better than good as an orator. It's why he was elected.

J
There's a huge difference between being an orator and a blatherer spouting talking points that aren't even true.

Kennedy was an orator. In Canada, Pierre Trudeau was an orator.

When Obama addressed Parliament and the Senate on his state visit here, he was given a "Four more years!" accolade.

If (unimaginably) Trump were to address Parliament, there would be massive protests outside and boos and hisses inside (even Reagan was heckled inside Parliament when he was invited by Mulroney to address Parliament/the Senate). Nobody wants Trump to come here.

Well, okay, almost nobody. He does have some misguided fans here who think he's wonderful. The reaction they get from other people is basically, "Go outside. Turn south. Keep walking, and never come back. Don't let the border hit you in the <anatomy> on the way out."

The Deep State is real and much lamer than we all thought.

It's concomitantly distressing that unelected aides have the power to prevent the President from acting AND that it seems to have been necessary.

The average American voter is under-reacting to how dangerous Trump is.

It's concomitantly distressing that unelected aides have the power to prevent the President from acting AND that it seems to have been necessary.

Substitute "this president" for "the president" and things are a little less dark. I seriously doubt that unelected aides had anything approaching that power in any previous administration, because previous presidents were willing to do the work required to have some idea about what was going on around them.

To be fair, I doubt this would be possible in an administration that knew what it was doing. Trump gutted everything, even in terms of basic hierarchy, so it makes sense that there'd be random people capable of just making sure certain things didn't reach his desk.

Trump is better than good as an orator.
I would consider him a better than good huckster. He knows his audience and how to work them. To be an orator you have to provide content.

Trump is a byproduct of his crowd. He didn't create them. He was created by them.

To be fair, I doubt this would be possible in an administration that knew what it was doing. Trump gutted everything, even in terms of basic hierarchy, so it makes sense that there'd be random people capable of just making sure certain things didn't reach his desk.

I think it's equally possible, but we're just grateful that it's massively less likely. I'll believe the tales that people are operating unethically due to their fear for their country. But it's is STILL an abuse of power on their part.

I just dropped in on the Fox News website. There's a lot of talk about disgruntled employees and staffers are denying they ever said that.

Readers' comments seem to be overwhelmingly anti-Trump. :eekdance:
My guess is that he has recordings of many of those conversations that he could pull out if necessary. but, most likely, he will allow them to deny them so they won't get fired. The actual truth is known to both parties and Bob Woodward is a good enough journalist to not make stuff up. Do not doubt that all the quotes in his book are true.

My guess is that he has recordings of many of those conversations that he could pull out if necessary. but, most likely, he will allow them to deny them so they won't get fired. The actual truth is known to both parties and Bob Woodward is a good enough journalist to not make stuff up. Do not doubt that all the quotes in his book are true.

We also live in the era of the paid troll. A lot of anti-Trump comments will be from people trying to stir up hatred towards the partisan 'other', with the goal being more division than anything else.

Top Bottom