[RD] Fear: Trump in the White House

We also live in the era of the paid troll. A lot of anti-Trump comments will be from people trying to stir up hatred towards the partisan 'other', with the goal being more division than anything else.

Sure. But Bob Woodward isn't a poorly designed forum software algorithm. He's not presenting something said to him by "anonymous paid internet troll" as coming from "high ranking member of the Trump administration," and neither is the New York Times. The Trumpist loons are out in force acting like "anonymous source" means that even Woodward doesn't know he is quoting, and that is flatly not true.

Substitute "this president" for "the president" and things are a little less dark. I seriously doubt that unelected aides had anything approaching that power in any previous administration, because previous presidents were willing to do the work required to have some idea about what was going on around them.
Clinton once misplaced the nuclear football for a fortnight, and FDR routinely left classified documents in his pockets for housekeeping to find. There have always been aides to (try to) keep Presidents from doing moronic crap. They're just much busier right now.

Sure. But Bob Woodward isn't a poorly designed forum software algorithm. He's not presenting something said to him by "anonymous paid internet troll" as coming from "high ranking member of the Trump administration," and neither is the New York Times. The Trumpist loons are out in force acting like "anonymous source" means that even Woodward doesn't know he is quoting, and that is flatly not true.

Oh, my quoting didn't work. I was following the conversation of "Fox news comments section is full of anti-Trump vitriol"

I've seen analysis pointing to Coats and Pence as the high ranking official in 'the resistance', both have ties to the senate and McCain. Lawrence O'Donnell offered his educated guess as Coats, another person noticed the use of the word "lodestar" and how Pence used it a year ago in a UN speech. Pence is the one Trump cant get rid of...

I've seen analysis pointing to Coats and Pence as the high ranking official in 'the resistance', both have ties to the senate and McCain. Lawrence O'Donnell offered his educated guess as Coats, another person noticed the use of the word "lodestar" and how Pence used it a year ago in a UN speech. Pence is the one Trump cant get rid of...

Clearly a Deep state Clinton Traitor !
Honestly at this point it wouldn't surprise me, look at the turn over rate at the White house, indictments and backstabbing. Trump been trying to stop all the damaging leaks for a year now and everyone knows its the inner circle that is leaking damaging information in the internal power struggle. The NYT wont burn its sauce (pun) within the White house but I'd imagine we'll find out once this is over

The hilarity of this for me is that I went trolling on Breitbarf with "It's Pence. Woodward has the man-child teetering on the brink, and this was his way of pushing D'ump into a full blown meltdown." But those conspiracy addled dingbats were just "Yeah, Pence is a RINO hack."

If D'ump tries to duck out of Washington take cover, he might nuke the city since his paranoia has expanded the threat list to include everybody.

PDMA, trolling and evading the auto-censor are all forbidden activities at CFC.
Here is some food for thought: behind every document Trump gets on his desk must be a team of people. I wonder what can one individual hidding it away really accomplish. I suspect the <SNIP> are trolling us...

Moderator Action: This is not acceptable and you know it. ~ Arakhor
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
The hilarity of this for me is that I went trolling on Breitbarf with "It's Pence. Woodward has the man-child teetering on the brink, and this was his way of pushing D'ump into a full blown meltdown." But those conspiracy addled dingbats were just "Yeah, Pence is a RINO hack."

If D'ump tries to duck out of Washington take cover, he might nuke the city since his paranoia has expanded the threat list to include everybody.
To be fair, if you want to save America from its enemies, Washington D.C. is probably the single best place to target.

There's one thing that came to mind regarding Woodward's book and the NYT editorial: what might happen now that Trump is aware that much of his senior staff are scheming to keep him from doing what he wants to do? Given that he's an ultra-thin skinned person who values personal loyalty above everything else, might he purge Kelly et al., and also anyone he even vaguely suspects of being the NYT editorial's author, so as to replace them with people like Kudlow? I'd really rather the people who have been keeping everything glued together continue to stay in place.

There's one thing that came to mind regarding Woodward's book and the NYT editorial: what might happen now that Trump is aware that much of his senior staff are scheming to keep him from doing what he wants to do? Given that he's an ultra-thin skinned person who values personal loyalty above everything else, might he purge Kelly et al., and also anyone he even vaguely suspects of being the NYT editorial's author, so as to replace them with people like Kudlow? I'd really rather the people who have been keeping everything glued together continue to stay in place.

No better way to torpedo their chances in 2020 though.

He's not a good orator, and it's not why he was elected.

Hes a demagogue (in the modern, not the classical sense), not an orator.
Hes fairly good at manipulating the emotions of a crowd at a rally.

I'm having a grand old time imagining that Pence is the Frank Underwood at the center of a conspiracy to oust Trump and have himself installed as POTUS... then he ends up in the hot water himself for multiple things (both in and out of "character") and is ultimately written off the show :mischief:

I knew you would. :lol: Though I have to reconcile your view that Trump is guilty of offenses to the state that require his removal from office and simultaneously hold the opinion that having political differences with the VP makes high crimes and misdemeanors preferable. Casts a hella shadow over everything with that positioning, doesn't it?

But I want Republicans to get it good and hard !
Its not like the US economy is about to head off a cliff, between the trade wars, exploding deficet and the Fed being tapped out the damage is already baked in. Not much Kelly or Mattis can really do

Top Bottom