Game of thrones: Final Season: Winter finally arrives....

He won't be releasing any new books, imo.
-He is too old to write them.
-The tv show revealed a few main twists.
-He clearly isn't interested in that story anymore.

Maybe some "notes" and similar crap will get released after his death, yet i don't think you will get any new books.

That reflects my thoughts on that matter also.

If someone says hurry up to an old man, they have no business calling themselves fans.
No matter what he said or "promised", maybe just doing so to get more peace who knows.
But today's social media network can be let's say twisted.

Twisted. :lol: :lol:
I've always been one to say it's not happening.
But then again, I stopped reading the books after the 3rd because I never expected another.

Can I just say I've been criticising this show since Season 5 at least. Arya's plot went on too long and the end where she finally decides to come back to Westeros was sweet release. Dany's plot in Essos, similarly, went on far too long and felt like a lot of "filler" while the rest of the plots caught up. Jon's resurrection was dumb, too, and frankly unnecessary from a "sociological" POV. It was entirely for character development and/or "fan-service", cos he's supposedly Azor Ahai, who rose from the ashes to kill his missus and save the world. I found the Pope stuff with Cersei to be quite boring too, and again only necessary if you're into characters and motivations rather than the systems, structures and constraints side of things. I'm sure the book nerds will tell me how it's sooooo much better in the books though.

It's still one of the best shows I've ever seen, by far the best TV that's happened in the past decade. Can't think of another show I love more off the top of my head. Only Star Trek had me more obsessed, and that was objectively terrible on basically every metric. Make of that what you will.

It's still one of the best shows I've ever seen, by far the best TV that's happened in the past decade. Can't think of another show I love more off the top of my head. Only Star Trek had me more obsessed, and that was objectively terrible on basically every metric. Make of that what you will.
Ya got that right.

When you're doing that popular of a show, is fan-service really a negative thing.

The "hurry up old man" type posts leave a bad taste in my mouth. It's just mean. As far as I can tell, George seems like a perfectly nice guy who is struggling to finish the books, not out of "laziness" or apathy, but because it's hard. He famously is not much of an outliner and created a huge, sprawling mess that he has no idea how to untangle. There are so many POV characters still alive in the books, I scratch my head at how in the world GRRM can write a coherently paced story out of it. If he was going for a lazy cash grab, Winds would have released years ago. He has constantly written, re-written, and deleted manuscript pages, all while juggling dozens of other obligations and projects at an age where most people want to be retired. Cut him some slack. I don't expect Winds anytime soon, and the last book mayhaps not at all, but that doesn't mean I'm angry at the man. He's under a ton of pressure.

“I think there are two types of writers, the architects and the gardeners. The architects plan everything ahead of time, like an architect building a house. They know how many rooms are going to be in the house, what kind of roof they're going to have, where the wires are going to run, what kind of plumbing there's going to be. They have the whole thing designed and blueprinted out before they even nail the first board up. The gardeners dig a hole, drop in a seed and water it. They kind of know what seed it is, they know if planted a fantasy seed or mystery seed or whatever. But as the plant comes up and they water it, they don't know how many branches it's going to have, they find out as it grows. And I'm much more a gardener than an architect.”

― George R.R. Martin

Sorry I waited and waited for book 4 and finally gave up. Still haven't read it.
Fool me once shame on you, blah blah blah.
He's 70. he probably won't last 10 more years. If he's not going to write it, just say I'm not going to write it. Don't string us along like he did the last time.

You are acting like he is a manipulative villain deliberately deceiving you, when that is almost certainly not the case.

He won't be releasing any new books, imo.
-He is too old to write them.
-The tv show revealed a few main twists.
-He clearly isn't interested in that story anymore.

Maybe some "notes" and similar crap will get released after his death, yet i don't think you will get any new books.
That reflects my thoughts on that matter also.
Same
It's still one of the best shows I've ever seen, by far the best TV that's happened in the past decade.
Same

Can I just say I've been criticising this show since Season 5 at least. Arya's plot went on too long and the end where she finally decides to come back to Westeros was sweet release. Dany's plot in Essos, similarly, went on far too long and felt like a lot of "filler" while the rest of the plots caught up. Jon's resurrection was dumb, too, and frankly unnecessary from a "sociological" POV. It was entirely for character development and/or "fan-service",

It didn't really develop his character either. He's still the same guy and didn't really get better at anything.

I found the Pope stuff with Cersei to be quite boring too, and again only necessary if you're into characters and motivations rather than the systems, structures and constraints side of things.

Actually, I think it was an attempt at addressing the systems and structures that underlie Westerosi society. But it's done in way too simplistic a manner. Not entirely sure how handing over power to the church and religious extremists was supposed to help Cersei's position, financial and otherwise. And not sure if it really works like how it did in the show - hand over some power and suddenly the fanatics call all the shots, existing 'secular' power structures be damned, even though they weren't torn down by a revolution or anything. And once she killed them all (?!) with a well-placed bomb, she immediately had absolute power - nobody is unhappy that she killed their 'pope' and his clergy. It's cartoonish.

You are acting like he is a manipulative villain deliberately deceiving you, when that is almost certainly not the case.
No I'm acting like someone that waited almost a decade for him to finish the 4th book and gave up waiting and refuse to be taken in again.

yahoo has a story about a season 1 poster showing Ned Stark sitting on the iron throne, to his right sitting on the arm of the chair is a raven

Obviously the author of the story never read the books.

Here's a question, who had the best beard in Game of it's Tormund, that was a dumb question, I'm sorry. But who had the second best it's Tyrion, goddamit, I messed up again.

But the third best beard? Ah, now that's a question. My vote is for Davos. Not as showy as your Tormunds or your Khal Drogos, but nice and thick, none of this Stark-Snow-Greyjoy halfhearted tweenage bumfluffery, and the grey adds a dignity which, again, you wouldn't find with the hero-tweens. (The thirty-two year old tweens. You know what I mean.) The Hound gets the award for "most improved", and would be in the running for third place if he took more of an interest in grooming, which I suppose isn't in character.

Here's a question, who had the best beard in Game of it's Tormund, that was a dumb question, I'm sorry. But who had the second best it's Tyrion, goddamit, I messed up again.

But the third best beard? Ah, now that's a question. My vote is for Davos. Not as showy as your Tormunds or your Khal Drogos, but nice and thick, none of this Stark-Snow-Greyjoy halfhearted tweenage bumfluffery, and the grey adds a dignity which, again, you wouldn't find with the hero-tweens. (The thirty-two year old tweens. You know what I mean.) The Hound gets the award for "most improved", and would be in the running for third place if he took more of an interest in grooming, which I suppose isn't in character.
I would go for Jaime Lannister for straight number 2.
I mean, come on :

That's both impressive and dignified.

Top Bottom