Gay discrimination at Vegas Wal-Mart?

You can't very welll dismiss the fact that Walmart contracted with private companies to provide undocumented immigrants at a number of their stores to clean them merely because they didn't "authorize" the INS to do so. That seems rather disingenuous to me.

The story I was referring to was that Wal-Mart was coordinating with ICE who was setting up stings to arrest customers suspected of being illegal immigrants.

I have to agree with Mobboss here. If what Arronax says is true and that the only source is some left-leaning site, I'd be sceptical.

The story I was referring to was that Wal-Mart was coordinating with ICE who was setting up stings to arrest customers suspected of being illegal immigrants.

Walmart isn't exactly a model company when it comes to providing basic benefits to its employees. And they have been found guilty of deliberately using undocumented workers to clean their stores to save even more money. While they do publicly conform to US law regarding discrimination, their CEO is apparently just as bigoted and homophobic as the Texas Republicans are.

I have to agree with Mobboss here. If what Arronax says is true and that the only source is some left-leaning site, I'd be sceptical.
if nobody ever picks up this story I would tend to agree with you. But Mobboss isn't just making that point. He is insinuating it must not be true.

But either way, he either did file a complaint with the state of Nevada or he didn't. I'm sure the truth or falsity of that statement will eventually emerge.

Not only that but they only sell two Petty albems Greatest Hits and Full Moon Fever. :( This makes me sad.... Their prices were cheap so the record store in town closed up and now it sorta got a monopoly....

If this is true (Im not so sure as it is only one site but perheps it will come up later) they should be sued and stuff. And that maneger shuld get fired and a better one put there.

Moderator Action: Spam.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Well, duh. I guess you missed the part where I quoted his comment that specifically said North America. :lol:

No, actually, I posted prior to your edit.

However.

Your edit makes even less sense, unless one of course considers what the GOP does in Texas is an indicator the the entire rest of North America.

I for one, being the Prophet of Common Sense, would argue against that notion.

But you are free to imagine what you will. /shrug.

Because it can't possibly be true if nobody else has picked up on it yet?

Or wont because its legitimacy is in question? I will keep scanning the major media in hopes something comes up. We'll see I guess.

So it's perfectly fine to engage in illegal discrimination if you or someone else doesn't like how someone looks from a single photo?

Where did I say that?

And that "surly faces" don't belong in Walmart but McDonalds instead? Is that what you are insinuating here?

Well, granted I was only in the customer service sector for a little while, but I do seem to remember the old 'service with a smile' adage being slightly different than the 'service with a gang motif' thing this guy seems to have going on.

So yeah, if his pic is anything close to his attitude, I wouldnt put him face to face with customers at all. Over a grill top flipping burgers? Sure. As long as he wears a hair net at least.

if nobody ever picks up this story I would tend to agree with you. But Mobboss isn't just making that point. He is insinuating it must not be true.

No, I am saying we dont know all the facts. Do you think we know all the facts? Should we engage the police state and have the gubnit put a moritorium on Walmart?

I get it sure.

I also get that not everything someone claims is always true. But hey, if you want to assume such stories given over the fringe media as being 100% accurate and true, then thats your business I guess.

My highschool taught me to withhold judgement until all the facts are in. *shrug*. Didnt they teach that in your school as well?

You said you approve of this even if it's true. I disapprove no matter what.

The state of your morality is pretty telling here MobBoss..

You said you approve of this even if it's true. I disapprove no matter what.

The state of your morality is pretty telling here MobBoss..

Where did I say that? Please be specific, because to my recollection I said no such thing, and even clarified it in saying:

Now if they made him wear a huge neon yellow vest that screamed look at me I'm gay, you might have a point. But we cant determine that from a news article with no pictures, and only 1 side of the story given.

In scanning my comments I cant see where you would get the idea that I would support Walmart if the guys allegations are true. If you want me to clarify it even further, let me make it clear:

No, if they made him wear something just to indicate he was gay, that would be wrong and I woud indeed disapprove of that.

Good enough for you?

@Communisto: I will take that as a compliment. Thanks.

So yeah, if his pic is anything close to his attitude, I wouldnt put him face to face with customers at all. Over a grill top flipping burgers? Sure. As long as he wears a hair net at least.

Id be sort of pissed off too if I was being discremineted against.

Id be sort of pissed off too if I was being discremineted against.

Heh, why do you assume that pic was taken after the alleged incident? It might be...it might not be...I dont know.

As to being discriminated against....if I had to take a pic to convey sympathy to people for my situation at work, I certainly wouldnt be scowling, I would probably go more with a 'feel sorry for me' motif instead of a 'wannabe gangsta' thing. But thats me.

Gays can't be gangsta. I thought you knew this Mob? Has our training been all for naught?

Heh, why do you assume that pic was taken after the alleged incident? It might be...it might not be...I dont know.

Why would the news peple take the pic before?

Where did I say that? Please be specific, because to my recollection I said no such thing, and even clarified it in saying:

You didn't say: "I don't quite believe that this is true. I will reserve judgement until the facts are revealed"

Wear a yellow vest...get paid for doing nothing. I dont see the issue here....

You said: "Forcing gay people to wear an identifying mark is fine. I see no issue with it"

Could be a misunderstanding I suppose, but you're not doing yourself any favours by wording things the way you did.

I assume Mob wouldn't have a problem if it was a jew or a christian who were being singled out, right?

My opinion is that Wal-mart should be considered innocent until proved guilty, even though if only half of what I've heard about them is true, they don't deserve it.

This can so easily be some kid trying to get some easy money(It's America, I assume he wants compensation sooner or later), by preying on Wal-mart's bad reputation.

He should lawyer up and sue post haste. NV is one of those hippy/liberal/communist dictatorships that passed state anti-discrimination laws including sexual orientation on their hit list.

Gays can't be gangsta. I thought you knew this Mob? Has our training been all for naught?

Gays can be anything they want to be just like everyone else. The Village People proved that silly.

Why would the news peple take the pic before?

Perhaps they didnt take it. Perhaps it was provided for them by the guy in question. Ever think of that? Its apparent bathsheeba666 surely didnt. :goodjob:

You didn't say: "I don't quite believe that this is true. I will reserve judgement until the facts are revealed"

Explanation. My job often has crossover into EEO issues. The vast majority of these type of complaints are usually either exaggerated or a complete misrepresentation of the issue at hand. While some are valid, I generally have been trained to spot areas where such misrepresentation can occur. In this particular case I have a hard time of a Walmart manager being so incredibly stupid as to do this, and its much easier for me to expect a disgruntled employee to make a mountain out of a molehill. However, I do remain open to it being a valid complaint and thus is why I always say to reserve full judgement until all the facts are in.

You said: "Forcing gay people to wear an identifying mark is fine. I see no issue with it"

No, thats not what I said there. I indicated that wearing a yellow vest and getting paid for doing nothing would be something I wouldnt complain about personally. Not that 'forcing gay people to wear an identifying mark is fine'.

/sheesh.

Could be a misunderstanding I suppose, but you're not doing yourself any favours by wording things the way you did.

Rofl, I could say the same about your extreme (and it is extreme) interpretation of my comments.

I assume Mob wouldn't have a problem if it was a jew or a christian who were being singled out, right?

Already kind of addressed. ;) Personally, I never mind being singled out as a christian. Whats to be ashamed of?

Top Bottom