General Politics Three: But what is left/right?

Thanks. Have I ever denied as much? It's both funny and telling that you think that was some kind of jab.

See that's the nice thing about being honest about your politics... you (the royal you) don't have to be bothered with trying to hide behind a bunch of BSAB moral equivalence doubletalk or disingenuous claims of being an independent and similar. I'm a Democrat and I'm voting for Biden, simple. If you (the royal you) are a Republican, you're voting for...?...?

I am holding out faint hope that, in his second term, Joe Brandon will usurp the Constitution and declare the People's Republic of Turtle Island, the world's first Fully-Automated Gay Space Communist state.

Thanks. Have I ever denied as much? It's both funny and telling that you think that was some kind of jab.

See that's the nice thing about being honest about your politics... you (the royal you) don't have to be bothered with trying to hide behind a bunch of BSAB moral equivalence doubletalk or disingenuous claims of being an independent and similar. I'm a Democrat and I'm voting for Biden, simple. If you (the royal you) are a Republican, you're voting for...?...?
Against the Democrat party. Always what is calculated to oppose the machine.

Oh really? Did a court convict him of being President twice? Has he even been charged with being President twice?
Being President twice isn’t a crime and there’s really no nuance to it: he either was or he wasn’t, and he was.

I’m limiting comment here to the comparison to former President Obama attempting to run for a third term. I think it is a weak comparison.

Democrat party.
Its Democratic party... not Democrat party. Democrat party is a FOX News jab. It doesn't bother me, because I know what it is... its petty and small, intended to annoy. But it's also a dead giveaway, that stinks as loud as unflushed garlic and onion toilet water. FOX News lingo gives their faithful and their associates away like a neon sign.

And about "the Machine" and being opposed to it...

Tom Morello Mocks Trumpers Dancing to Rage Against the Machine’s ‘Killing in the Name’​

RAGE AGAINST THE Machines Tom Morello has mocked a pair of pro-Trump, “Stop the Count” protesters seen dancing to the band’s “Killing in the Name” in Philadelphia.

In the viral video with nearly 8 million views on Twitter, the Stop the Counters — draped in pro-cop Blue Lives Matter flags and MAGA hats and waving a Trump flag — are seen aggressively dancing to the 1992 track criticizing white supremacy and police brutality, by a band that is well-known for their distaste of the Republican party, as well as Donald Trump in general.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...inst-the-machine-killing-in-the-name-1087221/

Last edited:

Vice article on the video

VICE: Where did the idea to make this video come from? Were you ever given any kind of pitch?

Matthew Kulvicki
: With Eric, it wasn't really a pitch. It was like, “I want to make a video about looking for drugs in your house tomorrow.” He wanted me to do my thing, which was basically following him around as he speaks and making sure I could hear him. And then there was a staffer—she came into the office and was like, “Matt, are you working on the senator’s video?” And she said, “He told me to go out and buy weed and a crack pipe. How does he think I would know how to get a crack pipe? Who does he think I am?”

Its Democratic party... not Democrat party. Democrat party is a FOX News jab. It doesn't bother me, because I know what it is... its petty and small, intended to annoy. But it's also a dead giveaway, that stinks as loud as unflushed garlic and onion toilet water. FOX News lingo gives their faithful and their associates away like a neon sign.

And about "the Machine" and being opposed to it...

Tom Morello Mocks Trumpers Dancing to Rage Against the Machine’s ‘Killing in the Name’​

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...inst-the-machine-killing-in-the-name-1087221/
Why do you think I'm trying to bother you? I am sharing my contempt for a thing people do that is bad. Namely join the Democrat party. ;)

Some people think it bad to be a member of the Republic party.

2024 is shaping up to a be the most important year in our history, if Joe Biden is __elected there goes our Republic.

edit to remove the questionable letters "re"

Last edited:
My plan for bridging the partisan divide in this country is to wait until we have another disaster and have Dem vs Rep cage matches in age brackets starting at 50 in increments of 5, with the proceeds going to the victims. Just let them beat the heck out of each other. We all know that football is just a substitute for tribal warfare and it serves the purpose. And this is exactly what happens in prison, when you get off the bus it isn't long till you have to prove you are willing to fight and once you do for the most part people respect and leave you alone. So let's do that. I'd challenge birdie but he is too old (j/k).

Let me be the first to complain about the lackluster title of the Thread. Do better @Samson :nono:
I agree, the other thread was locked and I worried CFC may pine for a politics thread if I did not act straight away before I had a better idea. I have tried another, keeping the theme I started with 2. Feel free to comment.

I agree, the other thread was locked and I worried CFC may pine for a politics thread if I did not act straight away before I had a better idea. I have tried another, keeping the theme I started with 2. Feel free to comment.
You can always change the title later ^_^
My thread, right or left.

As others have pointed out, in the US there's no real joining, just voting.

I mean, like my dad is a member of the Democratic Committee for my hometown. It is possible to "join" by being part of a formal Democratic organization. But most people just vote.

It's pointless. Just c'mon over and join the Democrats, we love you, we accept you, the water's fine...:D

Not sure if it's a trick or not.

have Dem vs Rep cage matches in age brackets starting at 50 in increments of 5, with the proceeds going to the victims.
I would have our presidential nominees in a quiz show format, also with some limited time-based challenges. A pentathlon of general knowledge, knowledge of history, simple mathematical skills, puzzle-solving, and skills assessment.

• How much is a carton of eggs in your constituency?
• Under what amendment to the Bill of Rights is an American guaranteed a jury trial?
• If each of the 12 U.S. aircraft carriers have a compliment of 15,000 men, and men retire at an annual rate of 10%, about how many new enlistments are needed per year?

The questions would be answered in a ”Jeopardy!” style format, some played against each other for fastest response and others written on to the screen and shown at the same time.

My plan for bridging the partisan divide in this country is to wait until we have another disaster and have Dem vs Rep cage matches in age brackets starting at 50 in increments of 5, with the proceeds going to the victims. Just let them beat the heck out of each other. We all know that football is just a substitute for tribal warfare and it serves the purpose. And this is exactly what happens in prison, when you get off the bus it isn't long till you have to prove you are willing to fight and once you do for the most part people respect and leave you alone. So let's do that. I'd challenge birdie but he is too old
WWE-style brawls, but without the scripting. Handicap for younger contestants

I would have our presidential nominees in a quiz show format, also with some limited time-based challenges. A pentathlon of general knowledge, knowledge of history, simple mathematical skills, puzzle-solving, and skills assessment.

• How much is a carton of eggs in your constituency?
• Under what amendment to the Bill of Rights is an American guaranteed a jury trial?
• If each of the 12 U.S. aircraft carriers have a compliment of 15,000 men, and men retire at an annual rate of 10%, about how many new enlistments are needed per year?

The questions would be answered in a ”Jeopardy!” style format, some played against each other for fastest response and others written on to the screen and shown at the same time.
And reading graphs with exponential scales.

Bhutan holds general election as economic crisis hits ‘national happiness’

The picturesque Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan is set to hold a general election with serious economic challenges calling into question its longstanding policy of prioritising “Gross National Happiness” over growth.

Both parties contesting Tuesday’s vote are committed to a constitutionally enshrined philosophy of a government that measures its success by the “happiness and well-being of the people”.

Some voters are expected to trek for days to cast their ballots in the landlocked and sparsely populated country, similar in size to Switzerland.

Foremost in the minds of many are the struggles facing the kingdom’s younger generation, with chronic unemployment and a brain drain of migration abroad.

“We don’t need more new roads or bridges,” farmer Kinley Wangchuk, 46, told AFP news agency. “What we really need is more jobs for young people.”

Bhutan’s youth unemployment rate stands at 29 percent, according to the World Bank, while economic growth has sputtered along at an average of 1.7 percent over the past five years.

Young citizens have left in record numbers searching for better financial and educational opportunities abroad since the last elections, with Australia as the top destination.

Bhutan held elections for the first time in 2008 after political reforms established a bicameral parliament soon after the start of the reign of the present king, who remains hugely popular.

Campaigns in the Buddhist-majority nation have always been subdued affairs, with strict rules mandating that election materials can only be posted on public notice boards.

A primary contest in November narrowed the race down to two parties, with both the previous government’s lawmakers and their former opposition knocked out.

The party of former Prime Minister Lotay Tshering, a doctor known for conducting surgeries on weekends as a “de-stressor” from the pressures of office, polled just 13 percent.

Reminds me of “these go to eleven” in trying to explain why they didn’t just make the amps louder.
You know the BBC iPlayer has a volume that goes to 11? It is because it is louder!

Well, 10% louder than 10. Duh. Now can I be president?

Top Bottom