[RD] George Floyd and protesting while black

Status
Not open for further replies.
and she paid the price for it because the media didn't shy away from the story. Footage in the old days didn't guarantee that the media would cover it non stop for days, which is has happened with this story.
The only reason that video was so widely circulated was because white people felt bad for the dog, tbh.

Reactions: rah
The God Emperor?

I don't understand your angle, what does he have to do with this?

You're mocking rioting as a form of protest. When peaceful protest was tried, your President publicly attacked and mischaracterized the nature of the protest.

To make you happy. Hell, you frequently defended him after this point.

You're not an ally in this problem.

Hmm, it's definitely sounding more like a systemic problem folks:
Minneapolis police officer at the center of George Floyd's death had been with the department since 2001. During his career, he was the subject of a dozen police conduct complaints; he was never disciplined, records show.
Source (Twitter).

Direct link to article (NBC News).

This is still the most disturbing case I have ever seen. Its a white guy. The problem is notably worse for black males, but I will be telling my boys that form about 14-50 calling the police for anything other then desperate measures needs to be thought over really hard. Maybe call your homeowners insurance company first. ffs.

I remember this one.
The cop got acquitted for murder.

The cop also is getting $2500 a month for life due to PTSD for blowing that guy away.
He also got a few million to pay legal fees and lawsuits.

He will also be given a neutral recommendation if he ever wants to get a job somewhere else.

Started wearing a belt after realizing how dangerous it was to pull up my pants in the USA.

Last edited:
He will also be given a neutral recommendation if he ever wants to get a job somewhere else.

The extremely decentralised nature of the police is a real problem here - there's literally thousands of bad cops who got restructured out of large departments like the LAPD due to federal oversight and reform of racist and violent practices, and heaps of them went and got hired by some smaller unreconstructed podunk force elsewhere in the country.

Remember that time Justine Damond, a white woman, was shot to death by a black cop and the cop was pretty much shunted off to jail?
From Blaine in the north to Apple Valley in the south, I remember the suburbs ravaged by fires, riots, and looting.

And I remember when the totally not disgraced Rev. Jim Bakker got on his private jet and flew to Minneapolis to show solidarity with his people, and not stir up trouble or shake people down like he hadn’t been doing for the past four decades.

The extremely decentralised nature of the police is a real problem here - there's literally thousands of bad cops who got restructured out of large departments like the LAPD due to federal oversight and reform of racist and violent practices, and heaps of them went and got hired by some smaller unreconstructed podunk force elsewhere in the country.

You are unfortunately understating the problem. Most of the cops that "resigned" from the LAPD after Rampart and the Rodney riots got jobs with the LA County Sheriff. No podunk, no paycut...didn't even have to move.

You are unfortunately understating the problem. Most of the cops that "resigned" from the LAPD after Rampart and the Rodney riots got jobs with the LA County Sheriff. No podunk, no paycut...didn't even have to move.

Dang, that's pretty much a dark solidarity among police, it's a near conspiracy level, this claim of yours is pretty much coincide with the article that shared by @cardgame not long time ago about the police share "a brotherhood" principle not to snitch nor betray each other

This is a good demonstration how this issue is not solely an issue of few bad apples in a basket of apples, but the bucket itself is piss rotten that would damage every apple inside it, so the basket need to be changed, and many of the rotten apple need to be removed.

edit: For me this is a conspiracy.

Peaceful protest never works because at the first sign that it might whatever authority is being protested against will start cracking heads.
Nonviolent protests are twice as likely to succeed as armed conflicts – and those engaging a threshold of 3.5% of the population have never failed to bring about change.

I have been editing on the Wiki article on the Minneapolis Police Department. It is a pretty bad article. My goodness, this department has a "troubled" past. You have to be impressed by a police officer who cannot make a routine arrest without killing someone.

Hey hey those police are just doing their jobs; oppressing people, especially minorities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom