1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[RD] George Floyd and protesting while black

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Estebonrober, May 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rah

rah Deity Supporter

They've been running Robocop marathons for the last few weeks so I had to watch them again. Yes, that scene gets me every time.

2. innonimatu

innonimatu Deity

Won't work, they also murder white women!

I do hope they manage disband that nest of criminals and start over. Some kind of police will exist there, so abolishing the police will be a misnomer. But abolishing the current one is necessary. And the replacement had better be built carefully and under public control.

I do wonder why police under municipal control in the US so often fails. That is a model that few if any other countries in the world use. But I know nothing about its history.

3. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

I want to add to this that it is specifically called whatever his name was about it. I know it will not change their mind now. It will plant a seed. I was once in denial about this particular reality, it took time and reading for me to see it. Stats and numbers can be powerful.

4. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

Its only been fouled by people who don't understand it. Like intersectionality for example. You want to argue about policies to try and help intersectional discrimination? We have room to debate. You want to tell me that a black female has all the same opportunities as a white male then I'm telling you you need to read more.

5. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

6. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

Yeah, Camden is more like a small city.

7. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

It was very powerful to see this all in one thread like this, thanks. It has been shared with more people now. I knew a lot of that, but not all of that.

This is the kind of thing that has literally been white washed and when we talk about white privilege I feel like gets left behind. The privilege is built on generations of sins.

cardgame likes this.
  8. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

It's what the US government has done as part of its international freedom™ propagation strategy.
    The Soviets are bad, rock and roll is forbidden in Russia! → US-trained officers overthrow the elected government and start ransacking people's homes and executing anybody found in possession of a copy of Pink Floyd's discography.

haroon likes this.
  9. zxcvbob

zxcvbob Emperor

:confused: WTF? I missed that day in history class. Or was this that Team America movie with the puppets?

10. Takhisis

It's called ‘junta governments’ and the US-trained officers were usually trained at the School of the Americas. One of the favourite methods of execution was to drug people so that they couldn't move and then throw them into the sea from a plane flying at low altitude so that the fall itself wouldn't kill them and they could drown in peace.

11. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

For your consideration... John Oliver (NSFW) at all... seriously... there are many, many bad words :

Its worth watching in its entirety, but if you want something gratifying go to 1:30

For a set of great points go to 2:50

if you want to get to one of the main points go to 6:30

For the full circle of the 6:30 point go to 8:20

@Berzerker your jam starts at 9:10

Two even bigger problems are discussed starting at :11:00

if you want to skip to the wrap up go to 30:20

If you want to get the climactic end go to 31:30.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  12. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

Watched this first thing this morning exercising. It was on point.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  13. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

• Infraction for PDMA
    I record his show... I assume that was from last night.

Does that mean your education was superior to Obama's? I guess he's just smarter than you then, advantage Obama. If being liked means kissing your assterisk, I'll pass. Your pro tip is going along to get along is harder than disagreeing with people upset by dissent? Dont we have the blue wall of silence because of cops who want to be liked by their echo chamber?

So are intelligence, looks, athleticism, talent, charisma, personality, etc. Privilege is everywhere.

He's the echo chamber's enforcer, if you want to see a moderator try flaming him back and they'll show up to lecture you about civility.

Moderator Action: Wrong in this case. I'm going to lecture you for PDMA. --LM

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2020
  14. Takhisis

haroon likes this.
  15. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

16. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

Nope. My pro tip is that if you want your "dissent" to have any impact you need to develop credibility and the respect of the listeners, not just be a ridiculed asshat. Dissent is dissent either way, but being effective in dissent is a lot more challenging. You should try it some time and see.

17. haroon

haroon Deity

Is this for real?! Can you provide a link to elaborate about this further?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  18. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

This is what you said:

So its harder for cops to keep quiet for the likes and Frank Serpico took the easy way out.

19. red_elk

red_elk Deity

Did it really happen somewhere? Executions for Pink Floyd.

20. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

You could get in trouble in the USSR for western music but it didn't seem to be that strictly enforced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.