Gr7 - AWM vs 30 civs on a giant map

To display 2 picturess, you need to either put them in 2 posts or follow the suggestion in the uploads about getting a photobucket account (for free - it has a link) and then you can put as many as you want. (I may even go for a premium account - I would like my images to stay in my threads for lurkers).

Edit: Outposts look good to me. Outpost2 might come under heavy fire. We will see. Building our first town on a hill might be useful for the defense.

Bactra is in Persia, Greebley. We should be able to finish them fast with tanks.
I also expect lots of MGL's with tanks due to their doubleattackquickelitepromotion capability.

I think we should try and put down the city at outpost 2. With bomber and arty support we should be able to hold and then we can divert the attack at outpost 1. Perfect strategy to outplay the AI, which will run back and forth.

as for including pictures, you need a line like

IMG]http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/nameofpic.jpg[/IMG]

I noticed we had no worker at Outpost 1 to build an airport. Does that mean the plan was to raze a city to get them or to transport one?

Agree Persia will fall easily enough. It is amazing how primitive some civs are.

I think I will do a Survey on the civs:

I hadn't realize only 15 civs still survive. We have killed 1/2.

Most of the Civs on the other main continent are up to Corporation and Nationalism, but don't have Medicine
Vikings, America, Greece, Inca, and India

Spain is a few techs behind the leaders.

Hittites are the only civ not on the main continent that is Industrial. They have Steam and Nationalism.

Some civs that are far behind:

Japan is an OCC on a size 1 island, so immune to all but vikings for now. They are up to Invention.

China has Gunpowder and Education - They have fewer cities on the main Continent.

France is Large and almost all Tundra. They are up to Gunpowder..

Carthage has 4 cities and is lacking Polytheism and Currency.

Zulu have their own small Island and lack Code of Laws.

Persia has its own island east of us and has Gunpowder and Theology.

Aztecs have their own island and lack Currency and Code of Laws.

Ottomans have their own island and have Engineering.

Well, I hadn’t seen Greebley’s overall campaign strategy, but turn one followed it.

Preflight – Note for Mark – Civil Engineers won’t produce any shields when working on a miltary unit. Cities need extensive MM.

IBT – A landing in Ireland. We lose a cav army in India. MT comes in and we enter the Modern Age. I go for nationalism so we can get spies. Scroll ahead so we’ll have tanks this turn.

1822 – Much of Babylon can be made productive. Start mining grasslands. I’m not sure why we have split our forces, but I attack Detroit and…

I found New World Beachhead just to the northeast of where Detroit was. Start sending tanks to Persia. Form our first tank army and ship that towards Persia as well.

Greebley said:
I noticed we had no worker at Outpost 1 to build an airport. Does that mean the plan was to raze a city to get them or to transport one?

On the island near outpost 1 a worker will be built IBT and a transport is waiting to get him there to build the airfield.

Sir Bugsy said:
Preflight – Note for Mark – Civil Engineers won’t produce any shields when working on a miltary unit. Cities need extensive MM.

I just mm the cities that grew or were about to riot according to civassist2. Unfortunately I did not have the time to go through all cities. I know that civil engineers are only useful on buildings. I thought I converted the engineers when switching from a building to a unit. Sorry. Originally I wanted to go through all cities at the end of my turnset, but it was already 0.10h am and I had to get up early today.

IBT – New World Beachhead draws a crowd.

I scroll ahead and rush an airport.

1824 – Airlift most of our new tanks into NWB. Send a few north towards the northern landing. @ Antioch –

That allows the founding of Lackawanna.

IBT – NWB survives…barely. Three redlined cavs are all that remain. The loses include two healthy four unit infantry armies. It is amazing what a stack of sixty cavs can do. I will abandon and evacuate.

1826 – I evacuate NWB, sell the airport and abandon it.

The armies to the south are also evacuated. Everyone will be shifted north without a divided force. Found Chippewa on the mainland.

Move forward in Persia. Capturing Arbela. Here is the situation there:

Our new tank army will be landing in the SW next turn.

wow, amazing crowd at the New World, but I agree on abandoning town. I didn't think it would be that tough. At least, the game keeps to be interesting. :D

I am not suprised that it was that tough. On the positive side we killed a lot of Cav that will make landings easier in the future. A lot of establishing ourselves will be to wear down the opposition.

One thing we can do is form a town where all approaches are blocked by an army. They will attack a town no matter what, but will not kill an army blocking the way to get to it.

We then clear out a radius so that speed 3 units cannot reach us in 1 turn and try again.

Greebley said:
One thing we can do is form a town where all approaches are blocked by an army. They will attack a town no matter what, but will not kill an army blocking the way to get to it.

We can do that at outpost 1. If Sir Bugsy did not move the armies we can form a town there safely. I suggested an airfield there as it will be faster than getting a settler there. Maybe an airfield first and a town thereafter. There is space for both IIRC.

Dropping one of the assault points seems a good decision to me.

It is hard to tell for sure on the world map I posted, but it appears that outpost2 has a natural choke that divides the Incan lands. I propose we do the following.

1) clean out the Incan towns on our side of the choke.
2) Once we control the choke we can open and close it like a spigot. We will also have limited AI reaching us at once because they will block each other. 3) We set up one or more towns and let the enemy come. We build a road that we have units on that the AI won't attack. Instead they stream by and we use artillery and then our armies and units to attack them.
4) Eventually, we can build a town beyond the choke that will attract the remaining civs (that couldn't get to us due to the choke) and we start destroying cities past the choke.

I think we mixed up as my outpost1 is your outpost2. I fully agree to your plan. That was the intention building an airfield or town at that spot.

Mark & Greebs - I was thinking the same thing. I'll have an airport there next turn and a settler there in two.

Nice thing about the attacks on NWB, was our power curve spiked up dramatically due to all the lost AI units.

Next turn up in a few hours.

I thought I would post a picture of the choke area. This will give us a reference on what is going on. It is hard to tell on these huge maps otherwise.

I notice a resource that will be nice to have near our landing (and probably why the spot was chosen. The last 2 resources are not behind the choke, but they do both occur to the north of the choke point, which is probably the first direction we will want to go when breaking out.

1828 – Establish an airfield at the northern outpost. Capture Sardis in Persia (refer to earlier situation map).

IBT – The entire world heads towards our northern outpost airfield.
Nationalism=>Espionage

1830 – In Persia we raze Ergili.

I settle Handyogeh on the mainland.
Take Sidon with a cav army

As I’m pillaging the Inca lands I come across this feast.

Here is the Northern Outpost as 1830 comes to a close. That Khaki colored horse is a Carthaginian.

IBT – The wall of armies works as the AI run away.

1832 – In Persia, we start off by taking Gordium

Then Tyre

Use our tanks to take Pasargardae.

I send a SOD of tanks north towards Smolensk.

IBT – The Incans attack our SOD and…

If the SOD survives…It doesn’t We also see a Bezerker attack Lackawanna.

1834 – In Persia, first Persepolis

Then Hamadan

That’s it for the Persians. Next on the menu => Hittites

At the northern outpost, hammer a large stack of Indians. I will start marching towards Smolensk again with proper cover. That last move was serious :smoke:

Top Bottom