Guess the Map VIII: Didn't Color the Island Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange that they haven't already. Libya has not been particularly cash poor. Still, most of the territory is "empty" desert. Yet the absence of railroads is striking.

http://geoguessr.com/
Uses google street view and maps - you have to guess where you are in the world - I got 10505 points my first time.
16137 second time - just 10km out on one

My first guess, 180 points. It was friggin Australia. I thought of it as an option, but no, I had to pick Turkey. Quite frankly, the landscape screamed Australia, but I thought that the visible road would be more likely to be in a less developed country.

7862 on the first try - the only one that was waaaaaaay off was a New Zeeland landscape.

10855 points in total. For some reason it gave me 5 questions from the Northern Hemisphere and climats I am familiar with...

7231 points total. Hell I mess up Oz with the US and once or twice with South Africa, but whatevs. Gonna play again. :D

15K. Found one of the towns and was only 0,2 km off.

4890. My geography skills suck. :)

Boy, I have twice or thrice guessed it right, Western Australia, but on the other side of the state.

10375 on the first go. Oddly enough, my best guess was the most difficult one. The only one without language clues, but the line in the middle of the road was yellow.

My Score. I got 9549. I got 3 in the right country but since one was in the West of Canada and my Guess was the east of Canada, so that was a big miss. The closest one was the Middle east picture. I am sure some people would have thought a totally different region due to the vegetation, but the ruins were what gave it away. One I got a similar region due to it looked like territory I knew of. The one I did worst was the one I "cheated" on. I found a name and put in Google and it led me to half way around the world, whereas had I gone with my gut feeling I would have been rather close.

18017, but I got two with the name of the city on a sign (Tokyo and Aberdeen) and all but one had some sort of language clue.

EDIT: Check out my last one (E) on this map. .019 km off. :cool:

10296 three in US two in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom