• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Guns, Guns, and more Guns.

I'd love to own a M1903 Springfield... if my wife would ever acquiesce.

I don't actually have a camera at the moment, but:

These are rather like my little P14 that I've been shooting with for a while now. Actually acquired it from the Commandant of the Army team for £5 as he was getting rid of three of the things - former sniper rifles, during the war, but just about too old to compete at inter-services level - and I snapped them up. Fitted it out a couple of months ago with a bipod, hanguard and an eagle-eye so it's now a 'proper' civilian Target Rifle, although I'd been using it as such for a good few years without.

This is me, firing my Chiappa Rhino.

It's, by far and away, my favorite pistol to shoot. It's recoil is so unique, it's nothing I have ever felt before. I love shooting this gun must of all; that's saying a lot, considering I also shoot the Kimber .45 very often. It uses .357 or .38 specials, making it a very cool yet cost-friendly gun to shoot.

The Rhino is the first firearm I specifically own. My father and uncle, who shoot very often, own about 10-15 guns each. Some notable ones are:

-- A Winchester 1887: it feels like a friggin' hand cannon when you shoot it. It's awesome!
-- AR-15: My goodness, this gun is accurate. My sister's boyfriend, who was in the Army, can put 12 bullets within a nickel's distance at 100+ yards. Unbelievable.
-- Kimber .45: Already mentioned before, this is a beautiful firearm. Easy to shoot and deadly accurate.
-- And a variety of different shotguns and pistols.

The aforementioned veteran is looking into getting a Remington 700, which he used personally in Iraq. I can't wait to shoot that one!

Attachments

• 228964_10150294646219729_749019728_7541670_2132309_n.jpg
    228964_10150294646219729_749019728_7541670_2132309_n.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 351
Just for the record,

This
Spoiler :

beats this
Spoiler :

anyday.
And for the other record,

This
Spoiler :

beats this
Spoiler :

everyday. :D

Anyway, I don't have a camera handy, but this is the type of gun I have:

No, I only have BB guns. For now.... ;)

You'll shoot yer eye out kid!

I don't own any guns. Even though I am pro-gun and think they are cool, I've just never personally felt the driving need to own one, and they're pretty pricey as far as "just because it's cool" purchases go.

That's proof that these rules are stupid and don't apply to every situation.

The way my glock is designed, the only way to get the trigger back into the "back" position, is to pull the trigger. Any time you slide the slide back, the trigger pops into the firing position (whether there is a bullet in the firing chamber or not). The only way to get it "back" is to pull the trigger. I can't "decock" my weapon.

edit: as for magazine, I'm lazy, and don't feel like typing that many letters. So sue me. Clip is an established usage for mag, even if it is incorrect. Blame Hollywood for this.

I agree with noncon and Miles Teg.

Calling the Four Rules of Gun Safety "stupid" is unlikely to win you any friends (or respect) amongst people who are familiar with guns. In fact, I know of at least two ranges that it'll get you summarily uninvited from. And Hollywood is to blame for a lot of myths and misrepresentations about guns, you're not doing yourself any favors there, either.

I agree, never assume a gun is unloaded. That's why when you pick up a gun, you should ascertain whether it is loaded or not.

It's kind of silly to say guns are always loaded, even when they are not. That defies the laws of physics.

The first thing I do (even before I pick up my gun) is ascertain if it is loaded with a clip, and if a round is in the chamber. I would never point it at anyone else regardless of its status (as that's rude and causes unnecessary fear). It's rude to point guns at people, and I hate it when people have done it to me in the past. Once I am aware of the guns' status, I then pick up the weapon, and I double check the gun status. I never, ever pull the trigger until I eject the clip and visually inspect the firing chamber. Although I try not to do that, as I was told it is bad to dry fire a pistol. Anyone know if that is true?

It's worse to dry-fire a .22LR because the firing pin hits the edge of the chamber (because it's a rim-fire) and it'll blunt or potentially break the firing pin. It's not bad to dry-fire a centerfire, but if you're going to do it a lot (as a practice routine, rather than just dropping the hammer prior to storage) there are "snap-caps" that are cartridge-shaped but with a spring-loaded "primer".

Why limit your self to just guns? Here's my weapons collection.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Liking the inclusion of fabric scissors in that one. I've got a tool-steel Mora bushcraft knife and an old USMC K-Bar bayonet, which does the same job, and a fairbairn-sykes Commando dagger on my wall given to me after an exchange with 45 Commando.

As for dry-firing, it's only a real problem with air-rifles. Rimfire rifles more risk of damage than centrefire ones, but bear in mind that if it's a service rifle the relevant part (the firing pin) is normally very easy to replace. It comes right out on the SA80 family, and is in fact one of the best cleaning tools around

Liking the inclusion of fabric scissors in that one. I've got a tool-steel Mora bushcraft knife and an old USMC K-Bar bayonet, which does the same job, and a fairbairn-sykes Commando dagger on my wall given to me after an exchange with 45 Commando.

Yup, those scissors are the only Smith & Wesson I can afford at the moment:lol::)cry:), I also have fairbairn-sykes clone shown in the lower right hand side of my picture, it's a pretty cool dagger for only six bucks.

Some cool pics, guys! Definitely interested in seeing what else you all are shooting. The only guns we have currently are an old shotgun and deer rifle that my grandpa and later my uncle used for hunting. I've only ever seen them once, years ago, and never got to fire either of em.

I've thought about getting my own firearm, but I don't hunt and I don't really need a handgun.

Yup, those scissors are the only Smith & Wesson I can afford at the moment:lol::)cry:), I also have fairbairn-sykes clone shown in the lower right hand side of my picture, it's a pretty cool dagger for only six bucks.

The current one looks more like this

Except mine has per mare, per terram, the globe-and-laurel, and 45 Commando engraved on the blade. The card that came in the box had 'Qui petastum appelas?' written in mock-posh font under a Commando crest - the latin of course meaning 'Who are you calling a [crap]hat?' Great people, but a bunch of lunatics to a man!

This one is my "nightstand gun" - S&W Model 625, shoots .45ACP:

This one is my carry gun - KelTec P4AT, shoots .380ACP:

This one is my best Bullseye competition gun - S&W Model 41, shoots .22LR (swappable barrels, one has a red-dot sight, the other just iron sights):

And this one is my all-around gun - Colt 1911Asomething WW2 replica version except tightened up, trigger smoothed out to 4lbs, with a Bomar sight installed, shoots .45ACP:

in any case..until a year ago I had one of these at home

Stgw 90 / Sig 550

I gave it back once I was released from military duty...could have kept it for 100.-- but I'm not that much of a gun nut :)

For 100 dollars? You are a nut for giving up such an awesome gun when you could have had it for so cheep.

For 100 dollars? You are a nut for giving up such an awesome gun when you could have had it for so cheep.

100 francs which is about 120 dollars, but yeah. they would have modified it to only allow semi-auto-mode, though.

but I just saw no point in keeping such a gun around, especially now that there's small kids in the house :)

Top Bottom